• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dealing with heroin withdrawl without drugs

I've always wanted to know this:

Does Immodium (in high enough doses to relieve symptoms) prolong withdrawals?

I mean, I know it's an opiod so technically it should, but because it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier does that make a difference in whether or not it will just delay the inevitable?

I recently tried to quit, made it 26 hours then caved in (not cuz of physical symptoms, my body was 100% ok, but mentally, i needed it) i was takin imodium, and klonopins, and drinkin lots of water, and eatting saltins.

When I was withdrawing from methadone, I had bad RLS and insomnia. One night I tried taking some benadryl to help make me tired so I could sleep. Let's just say I will NEVER make that mistake again. The RLS became so bad I was about to go insane. I went on the internet the next day and did some research, and sure enough...benadryl is known to intensify RLS.

How much benadryl did you take?
I've noticed that anything above 50 mg will do that.
I try to stay anywhere from 25-50 mg, anything above that just starts to cause problems for me and makes me feel like shit.

As for everything else, people seem to have it all nailed down.

Ive actually been trying to kick opiates for about a year now, I always go back though.

What drugs have helped me through withdrawal have mostly all been mentioned.

Immodium , life saver, even helps with aches and pains, along with the runs.
DXM, I've found that at around 200-300mg, Most of the Physical pain aspect of w/d seems to diminish. (But it's pretty hard to keep down dxm for me while going through w/d, as my stomach gets sensitive)

I only use benydryl if I have to, as it usually leaves me feeling like shit/ hung over the next morning. As alot of people have suggested, I would much rather prefer benzos, or even ambien will help,

I've never found much relief from Alieve ,Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen.
But some people do.

I've never used Kratom, but alot of people seem to say it helps, I would just be worried about the nausea.
Alcohol can help a bit, usually makes me sick also.

Weed is a life safer.
Helps me sleep, helps with depression, helps with RLS, Weed really helps with the boredom too.
But the problem with me is...
I had 20$ today...I was gonna buy weed, and no opiates, but, I decided to buy OC instead. lol.
Guess its all about will power when it comes to w/d...

Sorry for rambling...
I guess the last few sentences explains why I keep typing...
OC<3

using the sauna for heroin withdrawls

my wife and i have been together now for 6 years. we just recently got married last december 5 we have been addicted to heroin now for the last 3 years. we were wondering if any one has any clue to how sweating out the heroin like in a sauna would be like. we know that we would have to be hydrated in order to stay in that kind of enviroment. does any one have any other kinds of ways to kick that monkey off your back.

My favorite withdrawal remedy is a rocking chair placed in front of the window. Put on your favorite music and rock gently as you take in the view outside. I have found this to be the most beneficial method for me. It takes away that jitteriness and lifts your mood by foucsing on the music you love.

My favorite withdrawal remedy is a rocking chair placed in front of the window. Put on your favorite music and rock gently as you take in the view outside. I have found this to be the most beneficial method for me. It takes away that jitteriness and lifts your mood by foucsing on the music you love.

Aww, what a nice suggestion!

It works for me! The rocking motion counteracts the awful resltessness and the music provides an uplift in your mood!

Imodium-weed-Benzos-Ibuprofen

My dope sick remedy....always works

also lots of TV time/ Internet Time/ Sex Time / Drive around town to take my mind of my sickness...

alot of the dopesickness is a mind fuck....gotta not give in

well i dont know much about sweating it out in a sauna but i have heard (probably bullshit but i tried anyway) is for every gallon of water you drink you loose one hour of withdrawal,

it sucks i didnt have bluelight to come to when i was kicking but i have learned some valuable ideas to tell friends if they ask, immodium wow who would have thunk it be careful with benadryl or tylenol pm, as they can help many people they actually did opposite effect to me and i went a little nuts first time i did this on dope, walking or pacing for me i dont know why but it helps telling myself it will be over in two or three days, getting in the car and blasting music i like , sex this is good but be careful if you dont want a baby and dont have protection my husband got me pregnant when we were kicking i believe it kind of gets all wacked out your cycle gets wacked out and it is real easy to get pregnant, vitamins, and like the above poster i believe you can make yourself sicker by thinking about it goodluck i hate seeing anyone go through this but hang in if you want to be free from it

question about breaking heroin

The White Album and hella fruit roll-ups.
hey there mr jack jones we are double troube it is my wife and i we have been heroin addicts now for the last 3 years. we have tried to break 4 times this past year and now we want to break again the last times wernt sucesful we allways went to the end of the 5 days and on the last day w messed up this time we want to dogood . we were thinking about breaking in a sauna. have y ou heard anything bout that we know we have to stay hydrated but do you have any other suolutions to our problem thank you for y our time.

]thank you guys for answering didnt know if anyone was out there. hope yo u all had a wonderful thanksgiving. my wif and i are on our second day now. we have went from using a gram a day to a couple of cotton muscle shots and one paper maybe we could wing our selves down far enough so that we could do this and again thanks. double trouble.

I was addicted to heroin for 4 years my boyfriend was a dealer in baltimore now hes locked up but about to get out i was doing it for half the time he was in there, and i tried to quit but it was too painful, baltimore dope is a lot different from other dope theres a lot of different kind depending on what the dealer puts in it. In b-more it starts as raw thats what its called that cost the most, then the dealers with dope thats cheaper makes it themself it starts as raw then they add a chemical to it thats cheap and enhances it, it doesn't take from the high it will enhance it if its done right. Thats added to all the cut dope. then they add other shit whatever the hell they feel like , but its cheap and it does the same job as the raw. I know if i stick with a certain dealer then not only is the high just a tiny bit different in many different ways, but so is the withdrawl, and that can be a BAD THING. But when in baltimore you never know whats gonna happ. one week your dealers there the next hes not so they change streets all the time. So you have no choice. But ALL the dope is good. UNless you get fake shit. IF you always do raw then stick wit it and if you always do the scramble stick wit it because once you have stuck to one or the other and try to switch the other wont get you high. Very wierd so im sayen all withdrawl is different depending on where you live thats why you hear so many stories. I have been to philly also and the dope is made completley different. BUt its all bad i know i almost got hepc sharing needles and i still went back to dope. ihave been on methadone for 2 years and i wish i hadn't every day the withdrawl is just as bad and longer lasting. For all you dumb people out there with little pill habbits dont get on the methadone. Trust me you think the withdrawl is bad? Wait till your withdrawling from meth. you will feel stupid. I didn't even know anything about the drug when i started i was 17 and let me just say the sugar cravings just happen they ARE caused by the drug not the person. TRY TAKING CALCIUM AND MAGNEZEUM FOR THE WITHDRAWL YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERNCE IF YOU ARE GOING COLD TURKEY>

I always like eating a lot of food especially sugar products(candy especially), taking long HOT showers, masturbating as much as my dick could handle and drinking a lot of fluids. It's still miserable but those things help.

EDIT: Oh and vitamins, take vitamins.

clonidine and a benzo are the 2 essential things for me in w/d. Benzos and clonidine help so much it's hard to describe the relief I get from them when in w/d.

Clonidine is non scheduled blood pressure med and then any benzo is good, valium is IMO best for RLS and sleep, but anything u can get ur hands on will work.

I never liked immodium, gave me the worst taste in my mouth. Just felt yucky but it seems to work for many others so try it.

My recipe is clonidine, valium or clonazepam, hot showers, changing clothes often as I hate the sweaty feeling, internet, books, movies...anything to make the times pass faster and music of course. I find that if I make myself do something I will eventually start feeling better. In w/d I feel like doing nothing but if U for example make myself clean up something or do a light workout I find that afterwards I'm thankful I pushed myself to do it.

Yeah and like others said candy helps for some reason. I actually feel better after I have a candy bar.

Weed makes it worse for me. Makes the RSL and I feel all panicky and shit.

Benadryl makes me RLS worse and doesn't help sleep that much. I don't take it in w/d, I actually never take it. I'd not recemmend high doses if u dunno how ur body will react to it. Lots of meds make my RLS worse in w/d. Gotta be careful. Things that make w/d worse for me are: too much clonidine, trazadone, seroquel, benedryl (or any antihistamine), amitriptyline.

I'd stick with clonidine in low doses, benzos, exercise, chicken soup and some other stuff people mentioned, but taking meds that u dunno how will affect u is risky. It might make u feel so shitty u'll releapse. Be careful.

Last edited:
hey double trouble
just wanted to give u some hope...me and my husband both got addicted together and stopped together and we are still together. It was hell. We lost a lot but we still got each other.

It's possible to get off this shit. Just hand in there. We did it so can u guys.

It's been a year since we've been physically addicted. We had a few relapses here and there but I don't wake up dope sick every morning and that counts the most to me.

Good luck. U'll find a way to do this.

relapse

ok guuys that was a very hard 2 days there we thought we were allmost through it but the crvings started up again we are triing very hard to quit but we have school, and work during the week so it is very hard for us to do but one good thing may not be a good thing we went from doing a gram of dope a day to now we are doing 2 papers and we are still going lower, but congratulations ziggy on yours and y our husband staying in there. that s one of the reasons i love my wife. she stands by my side no matter what. we are not giving up we are till triing to quit

ok guuys that was a very hard 2 days there we thought we were allmost through it but the crvings started up again we are triing very hard to quit but we have school, and work during the week so it is very hard for us to do but one good thing may not be a good thing we went from doing a gram of dope a day to now we are doing 2 papers and we are still going lower, but congratulations ziggy on yours and y our husband staying in there. that s one of the reasons i love my wife. she stands by my side no matter what. we are not giving up we are till triing to quit

Good job! The first 2 days will always be the worst IMO. I can still feel bad by the 3rd day but I start to get that sense of "light at the end of the tunnel" by day 3.

I read something about "muscle shots" in another post of yours - please do not IM drugs which don't come in sterile ampules meant for IM. Snorting, smoking, and even IVing heroin is safer.

But still, congratulations, 2 papers a day is 1/5th of 1G a day. You've definitely cut back...and not everyone can find that easy to do. I have been away from heroin for 13 months and 9 days now. My fiancee and I pulled through together, Suboxone also really helped us. But when I was using, I could cut back if I needed to, or hold onto it and not use it as heavily as I would prefer. Especially if dude wasn't picking up and I didn't want to get well into WD's until he was picking up.

If you can stay around 2 papers a day, stabilizing there will help reduce the intensity of the WD's ahead of you. And jumping off of that is going to be easier than a G a day. I wasn't even using a gram a day, and was snorting the majority of the time...but I still had a very hellish WD.

One piece of advice...stay AWAY from antihistamines like Benadryl if you are thinking of using it for sleep. I see people here recommend it all the time, but it is known to make RLS (restless leg syndrome) much much worse. Look it up via google...there's lots of info available.

So fucking true.... listen to this

opiates cover sexual energy?

someone i met in therapy said he masturbated like crazy to expel the built up energy created during withdrawal. seems like a good idea. he also said a quote which i'm fond of: "Pull a tazmanian devil; just go nuts."

I had a similar experience, im shooting like im 17 again and ive only been off methadone like 4 days...
Before hand i had the sex drive of an instant roadkill kitten. Dunno if that makes sense havent slept. 8o

yeah today is day 2 for me with oxy (recreational) withdrawal and it just sucks bad. today i was perscribed skelaxin and naproxen for my back pains and i'm just unsure how itl do for me. like what will happen to me and how my body would take it.