• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dealing with heroin withdrawl without drugs

JerseyJunkie

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how you guys deal with dope sickness without the use of suboxone, methadone, etc...i'm on day 2 right now and i feel like shit. days 2 and 3 are always the fucking worst for me. anyone have any advice?:!

In short (because I don't have much time):
Imodium for the shits
Aleve/Motrin for the aches and pains
A lot of fluids
Vitamins
Candy (for me at least)

These are all things you can buy at any store. A good benzo or sleeping pill would be very, very important as well.

I gotta run, but I know someone else will come with more or direct you to a thread with a lot of suggestions. I hope I got the list rolling though.

There really isn't anything you can do if you don't have access. Just wait it out.

I've been through lots of withdrawals, but I have very very rarely ever gone without any help. My brain goes into "must find opiates NOW" mode when I'm in withdrawal. I somehow always end up finding something to help with it.

- long hot showers/baths
- sport
- masturbation/sex

also alcohol and ganja may help you sleep at night and
calm you a bit down. as jc already said, try to get some
sleeping medication like benzos or otc meds
(use the search engine)

^^Kratom is not legal in my country at least.

Where I am its a huge deal getting on methadone or bupe and ive basically given up on trying to get on it. Every detox ive called has said to go to the emergency ward if I get too sick, im not sure how that would work out though.

When im WD'ing next im going to get

Immodium
I heard DXM in small doses helps, if anyone could clarify why that'd be helpful.
promethazine for sleep.
And whatever anyone else has to suggest.
Im considering trying CWE on codeine pills(try to get 450mg out of them, but when I dose 160-240mg of oxy im not sure if that codeine would do anything) but im not sure if that will actually help or will just be a waste of money.

Company. A or some friends will help take your mind off the withdrwals. This is very helpful. Also if you can, a work out really helps getting the natrual endorphins flowing.

^^and yes DXM does indeed help alot. Though I prefer much higher doses. (180-540mg)

I don't have any personal experience with heroin withdrawals, but I know a few things that help with opiate w/ds in general

Gastrointestinal symptoms:
Imodium AD (similar in structure to Demerol)
Pepto Bismol, Rolaids, and Tums for stomach upset
Ginger root tea/peppermint tea (a miracle for nausea)
Cannabis for nausea, vomiting, and upset stomach
A bland diet with plenty of water

Pain:
Acetominophen (Tylenol)
NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and Aspirin)
Heat: hot baths, a heating pad, etc.
Muscle relaxers (Flexeril, Skelaxin, etc.) Prescription only*
Cannabis (also great for certain types of pain!)
Calcium and Magnesium for muscle spasm

Insomnia:
Antihistamines (Benadryl, Tavist, Chlorpheniramine, etc.)
OTC sleeping meds (Doxylamine Succinate, Unisom, Sominex)
Nyquil
Herbs like Chamomile, Valerian root, Passion Flower, Hops, and Catnip, which have sedative properties.
Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Ativan) Prescription only*

For cravings, there's not really much you can get OTC that will take your mind off the drug, but certain psychedelic drugs like Ibogaine have been used in treatment of the psychological part of opiate addiction, and marijuana has helped some recover by easing cravings. The same is true for psilocybin, mescaline, and ayahuasca, all of which are largely illegal. One legal alternative is DXM, which is available OTC in most countries...

Since you're already on day 2, and you say 2 and 3 are the worst for you, then why not just wait it out? A lot of people have said imodium. That will certainly help with the shits, and depending on the size of your habit, a good dose of imodium can pretty much eliminate all your physical withdrawal symptoms, but there's still a problem. Imodium is an opioid, so by taking it, you're pretty much postponing the inevitable. Good news is, it's pretty easy to taper off imodium because there really isn't a "high". And if you just can't get off the imodium, then...I guess...you could always go on "imodium maintenance therapy".

In general, I find heroin withdrawals to be particularly nasty. My routine for coming off heroin is usually vicodin for a week or two, then imodium for another week or two.

Joe perry from aerosmith said he got thru dopesickness so many times by just getting drunk...me, there is no way in hell i could stomach drinking alcohol when i was dopesick...when i was dopesick, drinking water or even juice tasted nasty, much less booze...

my advice, take alot of dipenhydramine(otc sleeping pills) and just tough it out...aleve and tylenol never did shit for me..immodium helped a little bit..

Cold Turkey without any narcotic medicine is my personal favorite, really cleanse the system out.
The only medicine i take when in one of these states are Ibuprofen, naproxen and loperamide. (Not overdoing the loperamide, just to control the shits)

I can't do much more than laying in bed, crawling out of my skin and just counting the seconds.
While trying to get as much water and soup in me.
But boy i can't tell you what a euphoric rush it is when you finally feel that things are turning to the better.. its such a wonderful feeling!
I can't get that exact feeling if i use other narcotic drugs or taper down on opioids. And that is one reason why i almost always go CT & without narcotics.

Stay strong

poppy pods(just kidding)! besides everything thats been said,I find renting a lot of good movies,Smoking a bowl every hour, and masturbating.The trick is keeping your mind and emotions occupied.Stay strong and stay calm

Day 2 is the hardest, day 3 you will be much better. Have a few beers before bed, take a couple benadryl.

In short (because I don't have much time):
Imodium for the shits
Aleve/Motrin for the aches and pains
A lot of fluids
Vitamins
Candy (for me at least)

These are all things you can buy at any store. A good benzo or sleeping pill would be very, very important as well.

Word! All you can do is "treat your syptoms" And smoke lots of weed...........LOTS.

imodium/pepto and chewing gum

it helps if you have a job to do so your busy and not bored and siting around

damn guys, i wasn't expecting you all to pull through like this, and there's a bunch of things i wanted to reply with a bunch of people but then i would end up having like 10 different quotes, so ill just try to cover everything...

i actually did end up getting high shortly after i posted this, a friend spotted me 20 dollars when me and her went down to cop. which reminds me, i have kind of a crazy story to tell about when we got back to my house. but yea anyway when im dopesick my mind also goes into NEED DOPE NOW mode and ill usually get it somehow. today i just got lucky with that.

the hot showers really do help me a lot. i find its usually good to sweat out a regular flu and shit like that, so that could also help w/d's by going to a sauna or turning the heat up really high in your high and laying under some blankets with a hoodie on.

i could definetely see how sex and jerkin off could help expell some stress and aches and pains possibly? at least for a little while...but to be honest i don't go through withdrawl like most people, mine is much midler compared to all my friends. so i dunno, i shoot a decent amount of really good dope almost every day too, but if i skip 1 day i dont really get sick until late at night. and my wd's are never nearly as bad as my friends describe them.

and yea, it's never idea to toke down on some tasty buds. in fact i smoked a bowl with a ton of dank ass keef on it right before i came home. i love weed. and jammin on guitar, playing video games, whatever...keeping your mind occupied is definetely important. thanks for the awesome feedback dudes and ladies.

but yea me and my friend got shit, came back and parked out back of my house (theres an alleyway with parking spaces for each house, its a nice suburban neighboorhood) and we're fixing up on my couch in the living room and not 3 minutes latera cop is knocking on my door. i was like "can i help you" and he said "yea, one of your neighbors called and said they thought you were buying drugs", i was like "uhh no...we just parked out back because the back door was unlocked...this is my house, you know"...it was freakin ridiculous. i was soooo fucking pissed. i still am pissed at the fact that one of my neighbors called the cops on me when all we did was walk from her car into my house. its just reeediculous. sorry for that long ass essay, i'm waiting for gtaIV to install so I figured I have a couple minutes.

The sex - jerking off thing works cos the brain releases a whole bunch of endorphins, the same way it does when you use. Worked for me, and now I got a massive right forearm...

i think sudafed helps to hide symptoms as well since i always get cold like symptoms. And anti histamines help, even the non drowsy ones for daytime if you have to work. That's the worst, having to hide wds while working.

One piece of advice...stay AWAY from antihistamines like Benadryl if you are thinking of using it for sleep. I see people here recommend it all the time, but it is known to make RLS (restless leg syndrome) much much worse. Look it up via google...there's lots of info available.

When I was withdrawing from methadone, I had bad RLS and insomnia. One night I tried taking some benadryl to help make me tired so I could sleep. Let's just say I will NEVER make that mistake again. The RLS became so bad I was about to go insane. I went on the internet the next day and did some research, and sure enough...benadryl is known to intensify RLS.