• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA Rolls Out Operation Engage - 24 February 2021

And which begs a good question (to which I don't know the answer): does individual State law override that of a Federal Authority?

As I understand it, the DEA reserves the right to prosecute, but generally will not without the White House’s approval

Hence, the flow of legal marijuana in countless states now

So... Instead of focusing on opioids they will focus on whatever is the worst in an area?

Lol why wasn't it always like this? Am I missing something?
Seems like a terrible way to do it if you consider the amounts of money the cartels have. All that means is hungrier mouths to feed. When you have the focus shift based on someone else's perception then that perception can be altererd and if you have more lower paid people making those decisions. Well, just a much larger "Training Day". Anybody else see that?

So... Instead of focusing on opioids they will focus on whatever is the worst in an area?

Lol why wasn't it always like this? Am I missing something?

Was thinking the same thing.

Fentanyl is quite a problem and I am assuming it is relatively easy to import in smaller quantities via mail and can enter drug user populations easily as there doesn't seem to be much screening for substances in the States compared to other countries.

Not sure if there is the interest to stop the flow at that level or just go after local distribution.

Now that i think about, this just gives the DEA license to go after whatever they deem the biggest threat. Which may well be based on the skin color of those trafficking the drugs. I.e. inner city gangs vs motorcycle gangs

Now that i think about, this just gives the DEA license to go after whatever they deem the biggest threat. Which may well be based on the skin color of those trafficking the drugs. I.e. inner city gangs vs motorcycle gangs
That would be SOP so i don't see much change there. From the ideas they have presented it indicates they have finally seceded little. but possibly a paramount fraction of this "war." The thing is someone has to clean this hell whole mess up. Can an agency like the DEA actually pull a 180 and kill what its had a large part in creating and finally achieve a true positive systemic long term benefit. That's a long order and past achievements are not shoring up much confidence. That said change on this front is good and the are reaching out.

Last edited:
That would be SOP so i don't see much change there. From the ideas they have presented it indicates they have finally seceded little. but possibly a paramount fraction of this "war." The thing is someone has to clean this hell whole mess up. Can an agency like the DEA actually pull a 180 and kill what its had a large part in creating and finally achieve a true positive systemic long term benefit. That's a long order and past achievements are not shoring up much confidence. That said change on this front is good and the are reaching out.
Good point, it’s nice to see them trying to turn around

I just wonder how much of this will actually get implemented or is it just for show ya know?

idk when we’ll finally recognize that supply side reduction always fails