• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Daytana comes off.

LonghornsFan78

Greenlighter
My Daytrana patch comes off when I'm exercising. I sweat A LOT. Any tips on how to make it stay on?

Not exactly the most creative method but when I used to use those poorly glued fentanyl matrix patches I would pretty just tape it to my arm with the clear medical tape my friends mom brought home from the hospital, I'd imagine most tapes would hold. Not sure what else one can do besides maybe putting a light amount of talcum powder or antiperspirant around the area of the patch to prevent sweating in that area but not so much that it won't stick in the first place, though I have doubts about this method lol. You can probably try using an armband as well.

《Plasticity》;12974898 said:
Not exactly the most creative method but when I used to use those poorly glued fentanyl matrix patches I would pretty just tape it to my arm with the clear medical tape my friends mom brought home from the hospital, I'd imagine most tapes would hold. Not sure what else one can do besides maybe putting a light amount of talcum powder or antiperspirant around the area of the patch to prevent sweating in that area but not so much that it won't stick in the first place, though I have doubts about this method lol. You can probably try using an armband as well.

I wear my patches on my side.

I see. Have you tried using a durable, sticky tape yet? If at all possible I would consider wearing it around your bicep so you could litterally tape it all the way around. Done properly it shouldn't be visible unless your wearing a tank top or a small, tight short sleeved shirt. One layer of tape was all that was needed for me. Aside from that I don't see what else to do unless they make special adhesives for this type of stuff. Perhaps talking to your doctor will be the route to go.

Last edited:
《Plasticity》;12974926 said:
I see, have you tried using a durable, sticky tape yet?

What do you recommend?

What if the sweat causes the tape to fall off as well?

•Apply the patch after showering and avoid lotions, creams and skin oils

•Using alcohol wipes before application, especially for oily skin

•Cover with Fixomull Stretch adhesive fabric bandage (10cm) which can be cut to size. It sticks strongly in humid conditions and while swimming

•Mefix is a soft, stretchable adhesive fabric tape which can be applied over the patch to hold it in place

•Coban bandage, a light non-adhesive bandage which sticks to itself

•Opsite transparent, waterproof film

•Micropore tape

•Pantyhose or sock under the sleeve

•Avoid areas prone to rubbing and friction

•Wear the patch on top of the foot under a sock and shoe

•Apply the patch after showering and avoid lotions, creams and skin oils

•Using alcohol wipes before application, especially for oily skin

•Cover with Fixomull Stretch adhesive fabric bandage (10cm) which can be cut to size. It sticks strongly in humid conditions and while swimming

•Mefix is a soft, stretchable adhesive fabric tape which can be applied over the patch to hold it in place

•Coban bandage, a light non-adhesive bandage which sticks to itself

•Opsite transparent, waterproof film

•Micropore tape

•Pantyhose or sock under the sleeve

•Avoid areas prone to rubbing and friction

Wear the patch on top of the foot under a sock and shoe

Again, I'm supposed to wear the patches on my hip.

So simply ignore that option and go with one of the many others I provided - or, alternatively just stop working out, wtf man?