• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

Thats great advice for everyone trying to do this. The subs are pretty much over for me. Those films were so weak it made it easier to taper. Might be something to that if people having hard time getting off subs switch to films. Be off in no time. The benzos a diff story and honestly scare the crap out of me. This heatwave not helping but I manage to half my benzo dose today and only two doses. Down from 4 doses 8mg per day. Not feeling great but mostly due to heatwave. I would be misserable on anything in this heat.

Thats great advice for everyone trying to do this. The subs are pretty much over for me. Those films were so weak it made it easier to taper. Might be something to that if people having hard time getting off subs switch to films. Be off in no time. The benzos a diff story and honestly scare the crap out of me. This heatwave not helping but I manage to half my benzo dose today and only two doses. Down from 4 doses 8mg per day. Not feeling great but mostly due to heatwave. I would be misserable on anything in this heat.

Yes the films are a lot weaker, When I switched to them from pills, It was such a notable difference I had to do almost twice the amount of film to get where i was on the pills. The pills would last me about a week and the strips only 3-4 days.

Wow I can't believe you are up to that high of a dose on benzos! I guess it's all relative I don't use them at all except when I can't sleep, when I was trying to get off of Subs. I would take 1/4 of a mg and that would knock me out. If I did 8mg a day, I would be out for the count for a couple days!! Of course we all build up tolerances the longer we do them.

I'm glad the Sub WD's are for the most part over for you. As I said before be very careful with the benzo taper and give yourself plenty of time to complete it, to be as safe as you can. I don't know if you have looked but there may be a taper schedule that you can follow online, if you do some research. Best of luck to you! :)

Thankyou, this is my therapy basically talking to you guys who know more than my doctors. Finally somebody agree thst the films suck lool. My doc was like thats impossible offered no help. My dose went from 2mg to 6-8mg from tabs to films. You telling me somethings not up with that! In the end the films made tapering easier because I hated them anyway. The tabs were too good, I would have rough time coming off them. Maybe they doing this for long term sub patients to get them clean. Give them some fruity paper with half dose on it. I even contacted the suboxone company about it. They like? ?? Dahhhhh. Its all good nsaids are cheaper and dont have to see that creepy doped up doctor anymore. Benzo taper 100 times harder for me and dangerous in this heatwave. I taking it slow but half my dose and trying to stick with it. 3.5mg at night only. No more 4 dose day/night.

Cutting your benzo dose in half does not sound slow to me! I was told by my doc to cut my dose by 1/4, and that ended up being much too big a drop. Within 3 or 4 days I was vomiting nonstop. I finally ended up coming up with my own very slow taper. It took 4 months to get off of 2 mg Klonopin, but was much less painful.

Thankyou, this is my therapy basically talking to you guys who know more than my doctors. Finally somebody agree thst the films suck lool. My doc was like thats impossible offered no help. My dose went from 2mg to 6-8mg from tabs to films. You telling me somethings not up with that! In the end the films made tapering easier because I hated them anyway. The tabs were too good, I would have rough time coming off them. Maybe they doing this for long term sub patients to get them clean. Give them some fruity paper with half dose on it. I even contacted the suboxone company about it. They like? ?? Dahhhhh. Its all good nsaids are cheaper and dont have to see that creepy doped up doctor anymore. Benzo taper 100 times harder for me and dangerous in this heatwave. I taking it slow but half my dose and trying to stick with it. 3.5mg at night only. No more 4 dose day/night.

PLEASE be very careful, I agree that is to big of a jump in dosage. I am not joking when I say you can die from tapering to quickly with benzos. I am a nurse, so trust me on this!! I have seem people die from doing exactly this same thing. You need to take it 0.5 mg at a time and stay on that dosage at a minimum a week and more like 2-3 weeks would be better before tapering any lower. I am not a doctor, but I know that if you go to low to fast, it could be a very bad outcome in the end. Also, the slower you taper, you will have a better chance of not relapsing. I would hate to see anything happen to you, especially when you are trying to stop doing drugs and not overdosing or something like that. Benzos are such a tricky drug and one of the few ones that can kill you if you stop abruptly.

Thankyou for advise, much appreciated. I agree 100% these benzos kill people. Been to waay too many funerals of very young strong people who did it wrong. I toughing it out this week and doing the half cutt of dosage because I already feel like crap from sub detox and heatwave. Basically sleep all day and late night. Trying to make this 3.5mg maybe 4mg stick but only 3 days so far. Subs I done with, that doctor can take his weak films and a shuvem, I aint paying you doe no more. Thats been 10-11 days and pawls gone. If I can stick to half dose benzo for couple weeks then go for 3 mg and so on. Time is an issue so I going to do this quicker than suggested. In normal weather I very active outdoors so looking forward to cooler temps. Need that excercise real bad. I basically in the desert all week trying to survive heat then next week start working out slowly and it should be good. Eating is hard right now from the heat. Have good appetite but have to live on cold cutts or something. Need a big hot steak but my appt too warm already.

Well guys, it's been 3 months now since I have been off subs. I am going to Seattle in two days, the dope capital of the world. I should be ok though, going camping the whole time so unless a bear comes up and offers me some opioids I should be ok. Been sick the last two days, not dope sick or subs sick, just plain sick. Kinda sucks because I was finally feeling really good for a month there and of course I have to get sick. I should be better by my trip! I hope you all keep up the good work and that everyday get's better for those of you still in the thick of it. I will not be on much, but will be checking in from time to time. This thread has really helped me in so many ways! You may not realize it but just being able to stay strong for those who need support has kept me going. So thanks for reading and posting :)

Congrats on the 3 months, can't wait til I there. How were you feeling after a month? I hoping to be completely functional by then and at 2weeks now. Hard to tell how I feel being in 100 degree appartment. We see next week when temps back to normal and I can leave the house without threat of death.

I feeling better and the lopermide def helps with wds. I not talking about chugging whole bottles lol just normal dose. Still don't believe people get high on that stuff. I def still have craving and trying hard to stay out of methadone clinic. The every day part is not attractive to me and have seen too many people die on it. I know they are mixing with whatever but its pretty clear meth responsible for the most deaths.

im @ ~1.5mg/day IV and moving down slowly. right now i dont think it would be so bad becasue i have Valium and Gabapentin at my disposal.
my problem is when i get another one, i end up doing like 2 or 3 mg that day. i feel like im taking steps back doing that. all in all i think most of my w/d's are mental. i worry about how bad it will be before i even feel anything. this is also my 6th month of use, never more than 3mg per day. (i try to make 8's last 3-4 days)
im happy for everyone making the move to get off, stay safe and away from the dirt!

Thats good stay on low dose and 6 months not bad at all. The iv part will make it harder mentally and physically. Example, i was on sub tablets and insuf 3-6 mg per day. Tried stopping and was in hell, just like H or oxy wds. Then I went on films which are pretty weak and started to taper. Now I lost insuf habbit and films not really attractive to me. Made tapering easy and went down to . 5mg before stopping. Go as low as possible and makes it easier. Wds go away faster. Couple weeks later you clear of it. Never tried the Gabapentin but if it helps go with it.

OK. I fuckkkkkked up. I ran out of kratom twice early.... and I had a choice... go back to my old sub dealer and probably end up back on that train for good. Or do a bag of H. (Now that might sound like crazy logic.. but its a pain to get here.. and I figure 1 or 2 uses of heroin is way better than jumping back on sub for a year or two (which WOULD happen.. just out of comfort)... anyways... ended up doing 11 bags in total... between 2 different times I ran out of kratom. (Randomly got a dealer of my own that lives close... but I havent picked up his calls since my new kratom came.. this time I went with a weaker strain and my g/f is holding it to taper.. It will arrive tomorrow... so the last 2 days I cut back majorly.. today ive had nothing.. might nibble half a vicoden later or something to sleep. Had to honestly update my fellkow detox buddies.

Ya its a tough call going back to subs. Now that I off them would find it hard going back knowing how long it takes to safely taper. Every day I have the craving for something opiate but trying real hard to not jump backwards. What is kratom, I heard of it but not ringing a bell right now in my chemically damaged brain lol. I look it up but does it help with wds?

Update; Oh I got you bro, that stuff sound great. Wish I could walk into jungle and get relief naturally. Knowing myself I would take too much and be one of those dependants so I pass on it for now but it looks like fun.

Last edited:
Ya they are softer and easier to taper because the long half life. Oxy wds was a nightmare, never want to even think about that again. Subs linger in your system longer but alot more functional while tapering. Oxy was like somebody please kill me wds lol. Couldnt taper them either, had to induce subs and stay with that for years.

Hi all,

I was just reading a different website and had myself convinced that I was going to be on Subutex for the rest of my life until I read this thread. I was on this forum earlier and was feeling pretty good about it until I found another website with a bunch of people who had never actually taken or stopped suboxone talking about the horrors of quitting and how you are screwed forever.

I don't doubt it will be easy, but I feel a little more confident after reading these posts. I have been on 2 mg of sub for over three months now so all of the higher doses should be long out of my system and I haven't done more than 4 mg a day in at least 6 months and only over 8 when I initially started due to a ill informed doctor. I plan to move to 1.5 mg tomorrow when I wake up. I want to taper faster than what I have been though as i do not want to have to go get more meds. I have enough to last a quite a while on 1-1.5 mg and I can always go to a doc once more if need be. I'm just having a heck of a time cutting the 8mg tabs down to under 2mg. I keep crushing the little quarter of a pill and loosing a lot of it, but I'll figure something out.

I've been on it for several years so don't expect a walk in the park, but I am already going through the depression which may mean some of those receptors are opening up. I noticed it when I was at about 3mg and it does seem to be getting a little better if I disregard the fact that I have tons of anxiety about quitting. At least that's what I hope. I'm at a pretty tough time in my life having been laid off and I just can't afford it any longer. I have enough pills to take 1mg a day for months and can go back to a doctor one more time before I am so broke I can't do it anymore, but it is also a very good reason to free myself of this addiction.

I am so glad to see people were sucessful and are happy they are off the bupe!

Good luck, you can do it but might want to take it slow. Have you been using subutex thru sublingal method. I ask because it seem easier to taper with sublingal. If you have multiple ROA's it can be harder. I wouldn 't jump down more than 1mg per week. Thats even way faster than suggested. Once your at 0.5mg per day, you go right off. Staying clean is hardest the first week. Just get ready to relax, might feel some wd's but they mild and go away after 7-12 days, specially since your only on for 6 months. If your having trouble with the taper at any point ask your doc if could switch to suboxone films. They are pretty weak compared to tablets and alot easier to taper on. Most insurance cover them also. I read the same horror stories about stopping subs and the wd's last for months or years even. Not sure what that was about, everyone handle it differently. From my 3-4 years on it, it only took 3 week taper from 6-8mg per day to the 0. 5. Its important to get real low before stopping. Makes wd's alot smoother ride and you be feeling great in a week or two the most. Lopermide and sleep meds can help with that first week, all otc. Even benydryl works good on sleep which usually the hardest part. Wd's the worst at night time for some reason.

I have the 8mg generic Subutex Sublingual Tablets. I've actually been on Subutex for several years, but lower doses for about 6 months. I stupidly believed my doctor when I was told it wasn't addicting. I think some people will do anything for money, but I also should have done some research before believing him. I just really wanted to feel better after feeling like crap for over 6 months which is probably why I didn't do research before starting it. It did help me thorugh a very long physical illness when otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to work or been totally addicted to pain meds or worse and worrying about running out all of the time so I have to look at the positive side of this too. I'm a long time opiate abuser so I can't take pain pills as perscribed. I've proven that more times than I can remenber.

I did fine getting here, but I cut back to somewhere around 1-5 -1.75 mg the day I wrote this post and have a lot of anxiety, but that started before I even tapered down so most of that is from worrying about it. I'm the type of person that gets a thought in my head and can't let it go. When I'm not thinking about it, I am much better.

It's hard to tell if my dose is 1.5 or a little more because those darn pills just seem to fall apart under 2mg. I'm using a razor blade, but I take a dose in the morning and one in the late afternoon and I have to break the piece I started with in two and that's where I get into trouble. Do you think I should just take the whole dose in the morning? I know I'll probably be feeling weird at night, but that will be mostly mental I think and it will make tapering easier. I also have 7 of the 8mg Suboxone films I plan to use to get below 1mg. I'm taking the straight Buprenorphine without the blocker and I'm a little concerned with how I might react to that mentally, but I haven't really had any type of real buzz in several months since I do split my dose and Subutex, while the buzz is more intense at higher doses than Suboxone, it doesn't last anywhere near as long. That's why I got into the very bad habit of taking a dose several times a day!

The Suboxone Film is how I went from 8 to 4mg. My doctor wanted me to switch over and told me that I would only need 4mg because the film has a much higher absorbtion rate. I know that's not true now from reading these forums, but that goes to show it's mind over matter. I was very depressed during that 4 weeks, but that was from missing the buzz and the Naloxone just made me feel horrible. Like I was in a daze all of the time. When I switched back, I only needed 4mg of Subutex per day. I think if I still believed this stuff wasn't addicting, I could kick with no problem, but I've known it was for a very long time now so I have to deal with that.

When I got clean the first time (I've done this a few times), I kicked a 10-15 mg, sometimes more, Xanax habit with no problems because I didn't know it was physically addicting at the time. Any side effects I may have add, I must have attributed to something else because I really don't remember any problems with the exception of a couple of mild panic attacks in loud crowded places. I also quit a moderate pain pill habit cold turkey with mild flu like symptoms and have kicked a 6 month Heroin habit with 5 days of Methadone which was definitely much much harder and lasted for about 3 months. The first two weeks were really tough, but I did that with absolutely no OTC medications to help with the symptoms and now that I know about them, I plan to utilize them for as long as I need to. I did find that exercise and getting outside was the key in getting well. It really did help.

Many years ago, I wouldn't let myself use H for more than 3-5 days in a row so went through mild WD many many times, but I was also a IV cocaine user so it wasn't like I was actually not using during the breaks, I just wasn't using Heroin. That's how I got started on H, using it to come down so i could sleep and found that I preferred it over any other drug available. I just think I'm turning into a chicken and I'm making it out to be much worse than it actually will be.

I had about 5 mg of Kratom and made tea two days ago and I couldn't believe how much it helped with my anxiety and I didn't need my afternoon dose of Sub. I know it isn't the best way to do it, but I have a real hard time overcoming my thoughts which will keep me on this forever. I'd rather taper off the Kratom than have to go through this again. I'm just worried about building a tolerance to Kratom while still on the sub and then it not working. I'm going to see my father for 4-5 who lives at the beach and my Kratom order only shipped yesterday so I'll have 4-5 days at the beach where I can't use the Kratom and I'll have plenty of fun distractions so hopefully, that will take care of this anxiety and I'll be able to hold the Kratom until I need it to kick. I sure don't like it very much. I upsets my stomach, but from what I'm reading, it does a ton to help with the side effects. I actually felt nice and calm until about 6 pm yesterady when I got home from taking my dog on a 5 hour walk in the local nature preserve which was a great way to take my mind off this as it is beautiful there.

Do you know how much Loperamide I should take to help with WD symptoms? I don't want to have to worry about kicking that too and OTC meds can be harmful in high doses, but I want to take enough to ensure it will help? I read somewhere you should match your Sub dose to the Loperamide dose in MG, but if I'm only on 1 mg or less, will it help or should I take like 4-6 mg?

I have zero support from my Dr. he just gave me a prescription for Catapress and said take care. He told me all I would need was Ibuprophen so he isn't going to help at all. He's definitely in it for the money, but he was cheap compared to other doctors. I also can't go back to him for Sub for 6 months now that I've missed a monthly appointment, but I do have enough left to last for several months and I plan to be off of it long before then. I can go to another Dr. and pay a 400 intake fee in cash! What a scam... Taking advantage of the fact that most people are in withdrawl at the time they start and will do anything to feel better is the lowest of low if you ask me.

I'm so glad I found this site. I won't let myself look at any other Sub forum or website. So many people talking about how absolutely horrible detox is and how Sub ruins your body forever. I had myself convinced that I needed to stay on this for the rest of my life, but after finding this forum and realizing that a lot of those people have never been through a real WD and some have never even taken Subutex and shouldn't give input on something they have never done. I have been through the 3 months of PAWS so I know what I could possibly be in for, but I am in a more comfortable living situation than I was at that time. When I kicked H, right after I left detox, I moved in with my boyfriend to stay away from the person I was doing Heroin with and was so uncomfortable in that situation. I wasn't ready to move in with him, but did it anyway. I also realize that the person I loved on Heroin, I didn't like so much clean, so it was tough staying there. It just goes to show how everything is wonderful on Heroin! He made it a very uncomfortable living situation for me in so many ways I would have to write a small book to describe the situation, but I knew if I went back home, I would have another habit within a week. I keep telling myself if I made it through that, I can get through this.

You sound very well informed and have been thru detox before so thats in your favor. The film strips make tapering soo easy and cutting them down little bit each week. See if can switch over to them completely without the subutex. My old dr was terrified of subutex. Thought it had od potential lol. Friggin moron doctor. The loporimide does help with wds somehow. I take some in a.m. if feeling sketchy-10mg. Some people claim to get faced on it after taking 150mg. For that money I just buy real stuff. I get generic lorporimides for $5 for 50/2mg pills. Pretty expensive but not habbit forming at all and all in does is make your stomache settle down. Alot of times detoxing your stomache is messed up which leads to lack of nutrician which leads to depression. Lots of factors in motion when you doing this. Stay up on vitamins and good luck. I also long time benzo user and tapering that slowly. Feel like if I just stopped would be a danger to myself and society. Might need to stay on them for awhile and move down real slow. Detoxing two things at once sucks but you going to feel bad either way. Might as weel do a week in hell and get your doses cutt down and hopefully nothing bad happens. I stay away from everyone when doing this as I can be unpredictable while brain going thru chemical war. Try light workouts and flush your system out.

Your doctor was correct about the Subutex. After hearing my story, you'll be glad he never gave it to you! It does open up a big can of worms for someone with addiction issues. I was initially put on Suboxone tabs and at one point, tapered myself all of the way down to about .125 mg twice per day and was ready to jump off. My doctor (this wasnt the same doctor that told me they weren't addicting) then gave me Subutex to help me wean lower because I was getting the crawing skin feeling all of the time. Within 2 months, I was back up to 8mg and had no intention of ever getting off them. I started out using them for pain and the pain was over and ended up staying on for much longer than I needed to because they felt so damn good. I never really built a tolerance to Subutex. I raise my does a bit, but the difference is that the Subutex high doesn't last anywhere near as long as Suboxone and I started breaking up my pills and at one point, I was probably taking it 5-6 times per day which is ridiculous. I've managed to cut that down to 2x thankfully, but it wasn't easy. I was even ready to try IV'ng them about 9 months ago. I got the syringes and filters and thankfully, talked myself out of it or I'd be in a much worse situation today.

Have you considered holding your Benzo taper to the dose you are on now until the Sub WD is completly gone? I just wonder if you aren't making it twice as hard as it needs to be? I give you credit though. You are a tougher person than I am. Too bad you don't think they aren't addicting like I did with Xanax. I really think that's what made it so easy for me.

I'm hoping the Kratom will help me. I've only tried it a few times, but I hear wonderul things about how it helps with kicking and I'd rather deal with that if need be than a long, drawn out WD. I'll give it 2-4 weeks at most then deal with the rest. I was thinking I could always do a quick Sub taper off the Kratom if need be, but don't want to do that unless necessary and then I need to flush the rest of my meds so I don't pop one on a bad day. I don't really get high on Kratom, it just seems to lessen my anxiety and make me relax and if it helps my WD symptoms I'll use it. I just know I'll be a wreck from the first day I stop taking the Sub and the few times I tried Kratom, I didn't have any urge to take the Sub so I think it will help to get the Sub out of my system in the first few weeks and tapering if need be.

I'm feeling a bit better about it the more I realize I'll be free from this crap. I'm the type that always worries about losing my meds or the dr. cancelling and I hate it. I always carry all of it with me wherever I go so it will be nice to not worry anymore!