• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Day 4 quitting weed. This is real life hell right now.

Weed addiction is like a white tea habit.

I am a habitual user of cannabis and I agree with you. The withdrawal symptoms are there, they just aren't really that bad compared to other substances. But keep in mind, the withdrawals can be worse depending on the type of person. Everyone has different body and brain chemistry.

Get your mind off of it, go out, do other activities; stop browsing cannabis forums, ik it sucks I'm 5 months clean but after the first month you're gravy

I am a habitual user of cannabis and I agree with you. The withdrawal symptoms are there, they just aren't really that bad compared to other substances. But keep in mind, the withdrawals can be worse depending on the type of person. Everyone has different body and brain chemistry.

Also, a lot of habitual users are self medicating and potentially without realizing it, since weed for some reason isn't a part of the medical system. So, when you stop you can get hit with hardcore depression, panic attacks, extreme anger management issues... but that is dependent on the individual. Those things were there to begin with, and having been masked for so long, they come back with a vengeance. That part almost reminds me of my heroin use because I have been medicating several health problems which make it tougher to stop.

The only real physical symptoms I would say are possible severe appetite suppression, nausea, insomnia (I consider neutron down regulation or chemical imbalances physical too). It can still really suck, but one should be happy that they can at least get out of bed, and the suffering is nowhere near unbearable. If someone is struggling to quit and they want to it's mostly due to drug cravings similar to cigarettes if they smoke all day every day for years, or mental illness in my opinion.

When I stop smoking my panic attacks and insomnia come back with a vengeance and it totally sucks. It's just not heroin or benzo withdrawal; my life isn't at stake and I can deal with that shit. When I run out of weed, it doesn't mean two weeks of extreme brutal suffering that is mainly bedridden before I can even begin to stomach food and take care of myself. I can still hold a job.

Also, a lot of habitual users are self medicating and potentially without realizing it, since weed for some reason isn't a part of the medical system. So, when you stop you can get hit with hardcore depression, panic attacks, extreme anger management issues... but that is dependent on the individual. Those things were there to begin with, and having been masked for so long, they come back with a vengeance. That part almost reminds me of my heroin use because I have been medicating several health problems which make it tougher to stop.

The only real physical symptoms I would say are possible severe appetite suppression, nausea, insomnia (I consider neutron down regulation or chemical imbalances physical too). It can still really suck, but one should be happy that they can at least get out of bed, and the suffering is nowhere near unbearable. If someone is struggling to quit and they want to it's mostly due to drug cravings similar to cigarettes if they smoke all day every day for years, or mental illness in my opinion.

When I stop smoking my panic attacks and insomnia come back with a vengeance and it totally sucks. It's just not heroin or benzo withdrawal; my life isn't at stake and I can deal with that shit. When I run out of weed, it doesn't mean two weeks of extreme brutal suffering that is mainly bedridden before I can even begin to stomach food and take care of myself. I can still hold a job.

I dunno if a lot of habitual users are self medicating, or that's what they decided they were gonna call it because it sure sounds better than being addicted. Every hardcore stoner I've known becomes a complete dick head if he can't get a toke for more than a day or two. Most of them refuse to see it though and will claim to just be in a bad mood or some other lame excuse. No it's because you're in withdrawal and you're an addict.

This attitude of "it's just weed, it's not even real drugs so it can't be addictive" portrayed by pro-stoners is exactly the reason why some many people end up seeking out professional help for their cannabis misuse these days. It's not "just a plant" it is most certainly addictive and most certainly has long term consequences when abused.

Does that mean it should be illegal? No I don't think so. The consequences of cannabis abuse are real and shouldn't be minimized as they so often are, but in comparison to other "legal" substances like alcohol, tobacco, prescription stimulants and pain killers it really isn't all that bad.

I've been toking almost daily for the past 5 years of my life. I have had thoughts of stopping but it just never happens. This is not addiction or anything to that degree, I just don't want or need to stop. Now since this is my experience, Im not gonna tell you that it will be easy to stop something you have loved doing for such a long period of time but if you feel this bad after stopping, dont stop. Nothing scientifically has ever shown some sort of life threatening diseases or addiction has ever been found with Cannabis.

Anyways, best of luck to you man.