• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Day 4 quitting weed. This is real life hell right now.

I was once in this same predicament, and there was no easy way out. I was confused at the time, because whenever I was stoned I would think about how I'd get off it and whenever I was sober all I wanted to do was get stoned. I needed professional help at the time but I'm good at hiding it I guess, and running from myself. I was a living contradiction to myself. I could list all the side effects I got from heavy, long term weed abuse but that is more person dependent. Of course weed isn't really all that addictive and I had issues to be smoking that much to begin with. But of course, it was all the weed, it's always the weed to blame... until you take a closer look.

You do not need to have your experience validated. Cannabis withdrawal exists. Weed is still great if you can respect it. Most people don't feel the need to use it very heavily, and it has medical uses, so it might be worth getting your mental health checked out if you haven't yet and you smoke compulsively or chronically. Anyone who is freaking out like that without weed, and isn't using it for a known anxiety/panic disorder, needs to lay off the weed entirely for a long while. Just remember, weed didn't do shit. It's a silly weed. You probably chased the euphoria of it and got greedy smokin way too much, then lost self control.

The only solution, as I'm sure you know, was to quit for years. One year minimum or you are kidding yourself. Took me 3 and I wouldn't go anywhere near it. I only started smoking again, because I took a puff out of desperation while withdrawing from oxycodone and realized how different it was. Like starting over my relationship with weed, but as an experienced man instead of a dumbass teenager who lacked self control, and having a good medical use for it now (depression) instead of getting wasted with friends. Then, it took some time for me to make amends and heal wounds, but something changed when weed came back in my life. For the better. I once again had hope.

You know that there is only a certain high you can achieve with weed right... if you smoke less frequently, you will get way more high. Some people don't have the self control to wait, and after a while it becomes a selection of either all or nothing. This pattern probably appears in other areas of an individuals life, who smokes herb this way.

Last edited:
^ Great post.

I think the same about most opiates. It's just a silly flower.

Thanks, and cheers. Silly flowers, damn straight. But they smell so good, you have to watch out for that ambrosia. And if one of us gets caught up sniffing a special variety that they like the smell of a little too much, ending up laying in a bed of grass half-asleep for a while, wasting precious time, it need not be seen in negative light. Cannabis is a forgiving drug. Trust me on that... or I wouldn't have a bowl planned to smoke in 30 minutes. I was smoking like over an ounce a week of bc hydro as well as dabbing constantly back in the day. The only reason I know anything at all is because I learned from my mistakes.

Lessons can be learned, or the ego can run rampant and attempt to seek alternatives. It is going to be crucial to recognize that it's not because of the weed. The symptoms are, sure, since THC was removed from your brain abruptly... but what about the root cause? Why did you have to smoke that much weed in the first place? Why are you even thinking about whether you should smoke or not with your friends playing video games. Of course you shouldn't be while you are working through these mixed feelings! It's like staying in a relationship that has obviously gone sour after some kind of magic fling.

"Oh I feel like shit, I'm dying now, blah blah blah fuck weed."

"This is something I need to do for the betterment of my spirit. I acknowledge that I have made a mistake. I don't have to be hard on myself, these things happen. These negative feelings will pass in due time, and I deserve them for disrespecting a sacred plant and lacking self control. This suffering is the fruit of my labour, and eventually, with the right intention, I can attain a state of existence in which cannabis is meaningless to me and I can take it or leave it. To get there, I must recognize the phenomenon of relapse. My mind will attempt to play tricks on me, in order to try and convince me to smoke weed just that once. I must be diligent in my practice and stay far away from anyone who consumes cannabis for a minimum of 6 months."

Something like that... my point is, I just got a fucking shit kicking abruptly dropping from 80mg of oxycodone to 20 and that was over a week ago. I suffered tremendously but the whole time I've been thinking about how my chronic spinal injury won't hurt as bad, and I'll have a lower tolerance, etc. How I've been tapering for a while (starting from china white 5 months ago) and this is one of the final steps to where I want to be with my meds. I didn't sleep a wink last night and that is tough for someone with back problems. My point is not weed vs. oxy... that's silly... my point is that I could have bitched and complained the whole time. It wouldn't have got me anywhere except perhaps taking more pills impulsively and ruining my taper. There is no escaping the malaise of withdrawal apart from postponing it.

The problem with 'weed withdrawal' was that I couldn't smoke weed during it. That probably only makes sense to me, haha. But I just couldn't be chill about it at all, or think in the long term... I was a little bitch about it. My first real withdrawal. I smoked an ounce during my recent taper though (going from 80 to 20mg of oxycodone abruptly is a pretty big deal for a long term chronic pain patient), and it helped a lot. I suffered to the brink of caving in and then would smoke a blunt. Now that I'm not suffering as much, I am back to smoking my normal (very reasonable for a disabled person on oxy) amount of cannabis.

Last edited:
my point is, I just got a fucking shit kicking abruptly dropping from 80mg of oxycodone to 20 and that was over a week ago. I suffered tremendously but the whole time I've been thinking about how my chronic spinal injury won't hurt as bad, and I'll have a lower tolerance, etc.
That really sucks man, but I'm not sure how this applies to this thread.

Wouldn't it make sense then that a person who has gone through benzo withdrawal would feel this impact more strongly?
It's possible but it's also probably just as likely that anyone prone to stress (i.e. someone scripted a benzo) would be impacted just as strongly regardless of drug history.

It's possible but it's also probably just as likely that anyone prone to stress (i.e. someone scripted a benzo) would be impacted just as strongly regardless of drug history.

You're underestimating the long term impact that benzo addiction has to the GABA receptors. It's the reason that four years after quitting benzos that I still can't drink half of a beer without a resurgance of withdrawal symptoms.

You're underestimating the long term impact that benzo addiction has to the GABA receptors. It's the reason that four years after quitting benzos that I still can't drink half of a beer without a resurgance of withdrawal symptoms.
I've completely destroyed my gaba receptors with benzos oh man the dick sizing i could do right now. Again. Off topic.

Quiting weed is not that much different now than prior to my epic benzo journeys. It was hell at times then and it can be hell at times now. It's pretty simple I'm not sure why the need to complicate this issue so much lol

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by w01fg4ng

It's too late to apologize.

Because it's about the OP. Not you. Not heroin. not meth. Not GHB.

IT's about pot.

That's why

Wolfgang, thank you for the constructive criticism man, but I stand by what I write. You took a sentence of mine out of context for some reason. If you are going to be nit-picky, why are you talking about benzos? This is Cannabis Discussion after all. I know the dude was on them and if anything the real advice to give is don't turn to them for a weed withdrawal.

Guys... this dude is just getting a little too deep into the herb and has a mild habit. It's simple in theory to just stop smoking, but in practice there are many things one can do to increase their chances of success. Like staying away from stoner buddies who will tempt you with blunts. Does it matter if prior benzo use has anything to do with his reaction? The withdrawal symptoms seem normal to me, and all they can do is just quit weed for a long time to find out.

I think it's really interesting that you bring up GABA receptors though because that might explain why only some people get bad withdrawals from weed regardless of benzo use. Binge drinking could even have an effect. That would probably be more for advanced drug discussion though, and that is not my field.

Hey,

After many hours searching Google, and posting on the regular weed forums, I am here. I'm here because I am 4 days into quitting cannabis and I feel like complete crap. I've posted this on the other forums and I get laughed at as if it's all in my head. Or I'm told these problems were always present and the weed was masking them. It's as if people are ignorant and believe Cannabis can't cause these symptoms.

A bit of background. I started smoking Cannabis about 2 years ago on a daily basis. Previous to that I was smoking every now and then, about 4 times a month. I've taken T breaks many times and the same symptoms happen. Every time they are nasty and horrible. I use bongs, I don't use tobacco. I smoke between 0.4g - 1g a day. Not a lot compared to some. It wasn't always this way, around September time I stopped smoking joints and cut down a lot. I used to smoke about 3g a day back then. Since I got my vape my tolerance dropped and I was able to get high on much less weed.

I stopped smoking Sunday. I wasn't that bad on Sunday to be honest. Pretty normal. Here's how it went:

• Sunday: I wasn't too bad. I felt pretty normal. A little anxiety but nothing major.
  • Monday: Woke up with stomach pain and nausea. A bath helped. Felt pretty low and crappy all day. Didn't eat much at all my appetite was gone. Unusual for me because I love food. I struggled to sleep that night, kept going hot and cold and sweating like crazy in bed. Slept with the window open even though my parnter said she was freezing.
  • Tuesday: Same as yesterday, but increased symptoms. I started to get snappy over things. Increased arguments. Everything is pissing me off. Nausea was bad towards evening. I had 2 baths that day to help things and a hot water bottle on my stomach most of the night. Didn't really eat much at all. A few bites of food. At 1am I ordered a takeaway because I knew I had to eat, so I forced food down me. Tasted like crap. An hour after eating I had intense nausea and was awake till 4am until I finally fell asleep.
  • Wednesday: Woke up at 8am. 4 hours sleep. Didn't feel too bad, but the nausea was there again. As the day progressed I started getting really bad. Worse than any of the other days. Told my partner to just leave me alone in the bedroom so I can try feel normal. And here I am. Aggitation today is beyond anything I've had before. It feels like I'm in the center of a busy shopping mall and everyone is talking at once. I can't focus my ears or my eyes properly. Sturggling to type this. I tried to eat food, and put half of it into the oven.

Right now I can not even explain how I am feeling. My head feels like a constant buzzing feeling. Similar to what happens when you stop benzo's (doctors had me on these before, and then ripped me off them without tapering). I feel like I could run for miles, yet at the same time the lack of sleep has me feeling shattered. I am so irritable and aggitated that I've had many stupid arguments with my partner today. It's like I can't help myself. I snap at stupid stuff. It's as if my brain is working overtime, yet I'm just chilling. Very hard to describe.

I ended up slapping myself in the face a few times to snap out of it because I really do not want to be in this position right now. I feel like a complete idiot! And that's that. I've probably left a lot out, I can't focus right. My eyes want sleep, but I am holding out until a bit later otherwise I'll wake up at 3am wide awake.

I have bad gas, bad stomach, things in that department smell awful! I tried to do my normal pullup routine at home and my whole body feels like lead. Typing this is helping a little now I'm getting towards the end of my post. I'm feeling slightly calmer acutally.

I do suffer with a little anxiety, but I will make it known that this isn't anxiety. Sure I have anxiety, but that's being caused by me telling myself "This isn't normal I think I am going to die". Pathetic I know. I would go to the bong store but I'm too paranoid to go outside right now.

I just want people to know this experience is very real for me, and I wish it was all in my head. I wish I wasn't going through this. I wish I was making it all up. The feelings honestly do feel similar to benzo withdrawl at times when I'm at my peak. Thankfully the peak doesn't last that long. I have a feeling seratonin is playing some part in this as I may have an imbalance anyway due to being prone to anxiety/depression.

I've asked everywhere for the scientific reason as to why this is happening and nobody knows. CHS sites all say the same thing but no reason why it's happening. I am glad I have my hot water bottle.

I feel like I never want to touch weed again after this. I've been here before. I've said the same thing before. And here I am again.

Sorry for the long post. I had to vent somewhere, and after reading many posts in this forum I feel people here understand this is something real that happens when quitting Cannabis.

Thanks for reading

The mind is a powerful tool and over thinking will make these worries so much worse. You need a hobby and a busier life style. Having too much free time gives you time to over think and cause feelings that are not necessary. Sitting in the house too paranoid to leave will just make things worse.

Yeah, that's great advice man. As an analogy, if I keep myself active and busy, I will not notice my chronic back pain as much. Being overly self-analytical has never really got me anywhere compared to getting stuff done.

Also, they are looking for scientific reasons and validation from others that the negativity is coming from weed overuse, but I think that's a little overkill. I know it's frustrating if people think weed can't ever be problematic, but at the end of the day it's going to be a personal battle anyway, so who cares what other people think. Lingering mental illness is certainly possible and the only way to find out is to quit for years.

If anyone is getting caught up obsessing over weed - and it happens - then a long break is in order. As great as cannabis is, it's just not worth getting all caught up in it as a bad habit. Until weed is completely forgotten about, and then some. The attachment will be broken and that's when it is fun to smoke weed. It's as simple as that in my opinion.

I probably already commented on this post so I will keep my post short: weed addiction is a real deal thing sure it aint heroin but if your smoking a gram of killer a day and stop cold turkey you ARE NOT gonna just go through it in a couple days....

First let me say I have always been pro-pot all my life and still am but I too used to think it wasn't physically addictive.Until I had to stop for reasons I won't go into here.While,for me anyways,it wasn't on par with quitting opiates it did take me a good 10 days to shake that brain-zapping spacey feeling and restless sleep patterns, and the high dose methadone I was on at the time did nothing to mask what I honestly feel were weed withdrawal effects.And at the time I stopped I was only smoking it at night but it was every night for well over 10 years.

I recommend making your own kefir (easy, just soak kefir grains in organic or raw milk) and drinking before bed. Fantastic for sleep and general health.
I steep eggshell powder in mine, and just before drinking, I mix in maca powder, blackstrap molasses, lecithin
and vitamin K2 (I open a capsule and mix in the contents). I don't think you need to do all that, but I feel I need those nutrients.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/insomnia6.html#kefir

Many other options listed at that site.

Wicked

I've had similar problems with cannabis "withdrawal" if that's what you want to call it. It's just a state of dysphoria that many smokers get when they haven't gotten high in a while. Just force yourself to eat and get through the first couple days without bud. It will get much better and you will be much more clear headed overall after about 5-6 days and many negative symptoms disappear after longer periods of sessitation. Hopefully this helps :)

alright my name is james i have been using for over 6 years, i have gone off and on for most of the time, i think that your age and weight will play a role in this. Its not anything that i would be concerned with, nothing in here sticks out besides your sleep and irritability besides this is more likely a internal struggle with your relationships and the un conscious perception you have of your reality. when in society especially after being on tetrahydra for so long, it can feel like everyone is staring at you or everyone is involved or that your self is the topic of discussion like your ugly, or your weird, or the opposite your awesome, our rad, and have all the power in the world. this is from the effects of the endocannibinol system, when this system is saturated normal function can be mandated throught the nervous system when a particular region of the nervous system become un saturated that is that the receptor contact pulls apart and the new receptor in place adds to your function. in the process of the stretching and pulling of this receptor the user will either feel an ego inflation and the be driven by the id. other wise if the area of the body is not healthy you wil have feelings of ego deflation feeling the super ego take over. now this is all subconcious discussion, in latency terms. lets say that your receptor breakage happens in the section of your brain that is associated with a bad memory of when you pissed your pants in class as a third grader, this could be a tragic memory and the pulling section will help your re cognate the electrical pathway and now a new receptor will be made in place next to the old one.

this is more realistic discussion as friend to friend, if for some reason you do not utilize the herb properly that is that you should work out in order to initiate receptor breakge and increase blood flow that will transfer the molecules through out the blood stream on a regular bases. the body will go into what is considered to be shock and will not know what to do with the increased amount of saturation in the internal organs and not the brain, so think of it like a flushing of the toilet if this happens all at once it may clog up and not have a steady flow which will pressurize the cabin and then all kinds of biological reactions will happen in different proportions, making the individual sick or confused to what has happen to its normal supply.

about the serotonin mechanizing that is a reward system that is not feeling rewarded when serotonin is created from physical activities the brain becomes active and once the sertonins have made contact at the opposite synapse dopamine is released. so think of like this when you use cannabis the brain is being rewarded and when you do notuse it there is not any reward that is equivalent to the consumption. this is only temporary, a easy way to cure this is watch a comedy go for a run or jerk off.

my suggestion is that if quiting is this painful do not quit or taper off, id also say that try using just cb as a supplement in place.

all in all there if used properly there should not be many withdrawl symptoms. best of luck fellow friend.

as always keep your mind on task and your eyes open.
peace among the world, love from above, and a golden happiness.
jamesloveabove

Regardless of whether it's addictive or not - I think it is, but fail to see how it can be a huge problem as it is inherently a harmless weed - well regardless, no one is taking my blunts away from me. There are definitely withdrawal symptoms with heavy use. Mainly appetite suppression, most everything is psychological and related to the shift in consciousness. It's probably comparable to something like a heavy coffee habit, but with less problems. I get panic attacks when I stop, but that's because I have a panic disorder, which is because, which is because, which is because...

Coming from a junkie, it would be really easy to go to the health store and get remedies for that insomnia bs. Might lose a few pounds from the appetite suppression but I'd just turn it into a health cleanse. Misery is commonplace.

Real life hell is being bedridden puking and shitting yourself and that is just the beginning symptom after symptom breaking your body down for two weeks every cell of your body screaming for the drug begging for mercy through death, and all you can think about is slitting your wrists to escape it. Completely losing yourself to a drug. Weed doesn't do that, I see the addiction but I fail to see the problem. I don't get suicidal when I don't have my blunts and I can still get out of bed. That's why you always hear junkies chime in on these threads. Weed addiction is like a white tea habit.

Last edited: