• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Day 4 quitting weed. This is real life hell right now.

All great advice trolling except, rather than antiacids, I would advise just chewing on raw carrots, apples, and any other fresh organic produce. My son has gall bladder issues and he finds that this has helped his condition greatly.
Organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is great, too (as a tonic diluted in water or used in salad dressings). There are herbs to assist with sleep. I used to dose with melatonin for sleep, but since I started using Kanna, I find it's not needed anymore. I also drink chamomile tea before bed.

Glad you are feeling better, MagicCoder!

I forgot too add that . Thank you for the reply! I ALWAYS make smoothies when i take a break from marijuana. I found it too be the easiest way for me to ingest needed nutrients. Carrots , blueberries , apples , and spinach is usually what my smoothies are comprised off. Banana's also help with GI issues. It may be hard , but try sipping on some tea as well. I found this can help settle my stomach down a bit. Though may i warn you , the smoothie really loosens up your bowel system.

The first day for me usually is fine , maybe at night i will have a hard time sleeping. Day 2 is when it really kicks in for me , at least mentally. *Remember people , mental addiction can then lead into a physical side effects as well*. I have trouble sleeping, eating , and my mood is off. I normally can eat in the morning , but by night time i am generally to nauseous to want to eat anything. The night of day 2/morning of day 3 is always the worst. I wake up in sweat or freezing my ass off , followed by a day FILLED with anxiety along with barely being able to eat things like ramen , soup , healthy smoothies , etc. Day 4 is where most of those physical aspects start to fade or lessen for me. Usually that day i have worse mood swings/irritability followed by still slight trouble sleeping. After that it all starts to just get better and you have less and less of these side effects each day starting by day 5. I call this my "5 days of hell". Because i tend to do this once or twice a year.

Dude this is absolutely spot on. Exactly, down the T, is what happened to me. That's crazy.

I am glad I am not alone. I still have half ounce left. I'm not sure whether to have a smoke this weekend. I got some friends over and they smoke and drink to play some PS4. But then I got to decide whether I want these symptoms again. I put above that "I will never smoke again. I've said this before." ... and here I am. God dammit, lol. But I believe T breaks are very important for self discipline and control more than anything.

Dude this is absolutely spot on. Exactly, down the T, is what happened to me. That's crazy.

I am glad I am not alone. I still have half ounce left. I'm not sure whether to have a smoke this weekend. I got some friends over and they smoke and drink to play some PS4. But then I got to decide whether I want these symptoms again. I put above that "I will never smoke again. I've said this before." ... and here I am. God dammit, lol. But I believe T breaks are very important for self discipline and control more than anything.

Hehe i read this thread and thought of myself when i first had this happen to me. Was this your first experience going through any sort of withdrawal? If you take a break and then only smoke on the weekend , generally speaking , you won't have any of those real side effects when you stop. I think this experience will help you out a lot when preparing yourself *if you ever smoke again*regarding the possible side effects when you stop. It really does take some time too build up to that point , but you have to remember its also depends on your state of mind! Also keeping your tolerance low from the start and not smoking up to 1-3Gs a day it will greatly help you later on if you want to stop. If you can manage 2-4 hits at night daily , even for months , when you quit you really won't feel it near the same compared to what you went through.

Should you quit completely? Well this is a harm reduction site , so technically saying to use anything i'd assume is against their rules. If i was talking to a personal friend i would tell them that this is an experience that was brought forth from not being mentally prepared themselves for what they where about to go through more than anything. I feel if you expected all this too happen you could have prepared for those 4-5 days and it would have literally been cut in half (how bad it felt). Mentally knowing "okay in x days im going to take x break and do x to occupy myself" is always the best. If you do go back to smoking , keep your intake too just as much as you need to feel where you want to be. Don't build up or smoke up an un-needed tolerance!

Hope this somewhat helps , as im in a rush right now and have to type this fast.

Jesus I'm quitting today been smoking steady 13 years daily use of anything from a gram to 3.5 fuck... I can't even imagine how bad it's gonna feel for the first few weeks and it's gonna take for ever to get the thc out of my fat cells cause that's been stored over 13 years.. or is there a limit like I'm a pretty skinny dude no fat on me anyways I hope exercise and I know playing games of tetris when craving come on help to deminesh the cravings
I find going on vacation it you can afford it to be the easiest way to take your mind mentally off of the wd and allow ur body the time to re adjust wish I had enough money to go somewhere lol here's hoping I make it

Jesus I'm quitting today been smoking steady 13 years daily use of anything from a gram to 3.5 fuck... I can't even imagine how bad it's gonna feel for the first few weeks and it's gonna take for ever to get the thc out of my fat cells cause that's been stored over 13 years.. or is there a limit like I'm a pretty skinny dude no fat on me anyways I hope exercise and I know playing games of tetris when craving come on help to deminesh the cravings
I find going on vacation it you can afford it to be the easiest way to take your mind mentally off of the wd and allow ur body the time to re adjust wish I had enough money to go somewhere lol here's hoping I make it
I knew of someone who was smoking 1/4 a day of some really good stuff (medical state) for 15+ years and took a 2 month tolerance break and he said it reminded him of his first time when he smoked again. I'm sure you'll get your tolerance back to base line if you wait! At your tolerance i'd say a month at least. Don't worry to much though , after 5-7 days its pretty easy. Just remember to prepare yourself in anyway possible.

I've been doing a little research because I really couldn't find any information how or why these symptoms are caused. Especially the nausea.

According to a scientific paper (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/), the half life for cannabis is 67 days. So whilst you've been smoking 13 years I think the only THC in your fat would be gone after 3 months for certain.

I don't know for sure if this plays any part in why the symptoms are caused, but if it's anything along the lines of my theory then it's possible.

THC binds to CBD receptors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor#Gastrointestinal_activity). Our gut contains CBD1 receptors. Smoking cannabis can actually help for people that have stomach issues, but after prolonged use the body could get used to that THC until a point where it's dependant. I'm still researching on how this could happen, if it could, but it would explain the symptoms.

There's receptors all over the body. There's an image here (not sure on it's credibility) https://livetobewell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cbd-receptors-blog.jpg. If there's any truth to that image it explains a lot for me. I had odd, minor, pains in the areas on the image. Twitching too. They were nothing to complain about, but there were unusual to be happening during abstinance.

The locations where there are more receptors are the ones that I really felt. In the gut, and the brain. And that would explain the nausea/vomitting and mental issues.

The only thing I haven't researched (looking into this tonight) is how the body uses the THC in the fat, if at all. It's also interesting how hot water on the stomach area helps. For me it was a very hot water bottle, and a couple of baths.

It's also interesting how some people don't have any symptoms at all. Maybe there's a number of factors at play here. Those with a fast metabolism and low body fat index could be less prone to symptoms. Also the smoking duration and frequency.

Also some good info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/18e1b4/what_are_the_normal_function_of_cannabinoid/

Last edited:
I've been doing a little research because I really couldn't find any information how or why these symptoms are caused. Especially the nausea.

According to a scientific paper (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/), the half life for cannabis is 67 days. So whilst you've been smoking 13 years I think the only THC in your fat would be gone after 3 months for certain.

I don't know for sure if this plays any part in why the symptoms are caused, but if it's anything along the lines of my theory then it's possible.

THC binds to CBD receptors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor#Gastrointestinal_activity). Our gut contains CBD1 receptors. Smoking cannabis can actually help for people that have stomach issues, but after prolonged use the body could get used to that THC until a point where it's dependant. I'm still researching on how this could happen, if it could, but it would explain the symptoms.

There's receptors all over the body. There's an image here (not sure on it's credibility) https://livetobewell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cbd-receptors-blog.jpg. If there's any truth to that image it explains a lot for me. I had odd, minor, pains in the areas on the image. Twitching too. They were nothing to complain about, but there were unusual to be happening during abstinance.

The locations where there are more receptors are the ones that I really felt. In the gut, and the brain. And that would explain the nausea/vomitting and mental issues.

The only thing I haven't researched (looking into this tonight) is how the body uses the THC in the fat, if at all. It's also interesting how hot water on the stomach area helps. For me it was a very hot water bottle, and a couple of baths.

It's also interesting how some people don't have any symptoms at all. Maybe there's a number of factors at play here. Those with a fast metabolism and low body fat index could be less prone to symptoms. Also the smoking duration and frequency.

Also some good info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/18e1b4/what_are_the_normal_function_of_cannabinoid/
Some very useful information here. Thanks for the share.

it gets a lot better man, the first week or 2 is rough depending on how long you smoked for and how much. i know its hard trust me, it will pass.

Guys I will never sleep again even sleeping pills won't put me out gonna try melatonin and stuff but god damn I thought opi wd wad bad shit is nothing compared to weed like I have 0 cravings but I wish I could sleep fuck my life man gonna get Al the supplements the magic coder posted even that clay stuff and see if I can help the process along I just feel like smoking so long and everyday has permanent effects I'm not sure but I'm over a week In and still no sleep ugh fml

i know you what you mean dude... its hard as fuck. i had melatonin too when i quit, made me where i couldnt sleep without the melatonin honestly :/

I recommend making your own kefir (easy, just soak kefir grains in organic or raw milk) and drinking before bed. Fantastic for sleep and general health.
I steep eggshell powder in mine, and just before drinking, I mix in maca powder, blackstrap molasses, lecithin
and vitamin K2 (I open a capsule and mix in the contents). I don't think you need to do all that, but I feel I need those nutrients.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/insomnia6.html#kefir

Many other options listed at that site.

Lol weed addiction is a fictional addiction like coffee its all in yoyr head you just need willpower like the rest of us...

Lol weed addiction is a fictional addiction like coffee its all in yoyr head you just need willpower like the rest of us...

Where has anyone mentioned addiction? Please educate yourself before making stupid responses.

Update to the thread. I've had no Internet for a week so I've not been active. I had friends come around and I smoked some weed. I fell back into smoking of a night time until my half ounce was gone. Gave some to friends to take home.

The weed has gone now, and I'm back to "quitting". All is good this time around. Not had any problems really except not being able to sleep. I fill that void with blogging and programming.

I've opted to smoke of a weekend. I do like weed. What I don't want to go back to is daily use. My head feels so clear it's unreal. When I started smoking weed it really helped me to hyperfocus. I remember learning about Markov Chains and being baffled. I smoked some weed and it became easy to understand. Shit just clicked into place. But after prolonged used I sort of became more stupid. I'd forget what I learn very quickly. It affected my work.

There's definitely a middle ground. I think I've found it. Or maybe this is denial. Either way it's a step in the positive direction.

Many thanks to all that offered genuine advice and support. It is much appreciated!

If you feel so bad from stopping, why stop?

This is my question. It sounds to me like you may have symptoms of an illness that needs to be medicated with cannabis. If so, you may be confusing these symptoms with withdrawal due to an addiction.

By definition addiction has a lot to do with the quickness of onset, the strength of onset(or "rush") and part of the brain that is stimulated.

Another thing that defines severity of addiction is the degree that one's life is offset or changed by the use.

Cigarettes don't really get you high but no one argues that addiction because it is ugly and very clearly harmful in so many ways. Where as constantly pumping energy drinks all day isn't viewed by some as a state of real addiction, although it is also terrible for the body it pales in comparison to severe addictions such as something like opiates or alcohol.

Without understanding willpower will only take you so far.

I am going through a similar thing. I recommend walking and swimming. Also a product called Sonney's #7. It's bentonite clay and it phisicaly removes toxins from your body. I used it to pass drug tests so I know it helps detox THC. Good luck my friend. You are not alone

This is my question. It sounds to me like you may have symptoms of an illness that needs to be medicated with cannabis. If so, you may be confusing these symptoms with withdrawal due to an addiction.

Sometimes we have to... When I moved to the state I'm in now, I had to stop as there is no medicinal laws, and I prefer to keep things legal. While I'd rather smoke a bowl if my mental issues get out of hand, getting caught with my medication of choice would ruin several other aspects of my mental condition, so I had to quit and go to the far less friendly pills my psych prescribes.