• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Day 29 Post-Vivitrol - 0 Heroin Effects

Asec1.Init

Greenlighter
So I got the Vivitrol shot 29 days ago. I've been experimenting since I got it and felt a decent H high 12 days ago when I shot a <snip> and then again about 7 days ago when I just sniffed about 0.2-0.3 of a strong batch at once. Then today after I go to my Viv appt. and say I liked it for the month but am not going to continue due to some depression-related effects I believe are directly-related to the Viv, I'm thinking I'm really gonna feel something and I shoot a little <snip> gray slab of ECP and feel absolutely nothing. This was about 3 hrs ago. I don't understand. It's like someone shot me with Viv in my sleep one night. Can someone explain this to me? Tomorrow'll be 30 days post-shot and I'm sitting here confused as hell and pissed off that I'm not getting any high from shooting heroin. What the hell is going on

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have recently read Vivitrol may block the intense high from opioids, it does not prevent good feelings that come from other naturally pleasurable activities. After you get a dose of Vivitrol, its blocking effect slowly decreases and completely goes away over time. It's important to know that you should not try to overcome the Vivitrol blockade by taking opioids. Using opioids in the amounts you used before starting Vivitrol treatment, or even lower amounts, could lead to overdose.

These related symptoms you are referring to may be a result from trying to quit heroin and not specifically from Vivitrol. I would suggest that you seek medical assistance but you need to make sure that you know you want. If you want to quit, this may be one way to do it. Why are you still using H anyway? Not judging, just trying to understand.

Good luck and welcome to Bluelight!
Erik

Last edited:
I basically got Vivitrol because my parents really wanted me to and because they were going to kick me out and/or not let me drive until I did so. So my reasoning is admittedly pretty weak and only really because of others. Having said that, Vivitrol is immeasurably helpful in keeping one from getting high on opiates, duh, lol. I underestimated this quality of it until I got on it. Not only could I not get high from opiates satisfactorily, I really didn't crave them or think about them at all! Not in any way like I used to. This was honestly wonderful and gave me the glimpse I needed to into what life was like before I touched heroin and what it can be like again when I am ready to be completely done with everything, and I am getting closer to that point. Since I couldn't do opioids successfully once I got the shot, I went off into IVing stimulants like coke and meth since this isn't an avenue I had tried. Boy did that put me through the wringer moreso in 3-4 weeks than IV H use ever did over a 1.5-year period. I completely underestimated stimulants and their damaging/addictive qualities. Regardless, I want to be done with stims and believe I am so.

I also really just want to be at the point where I am done completely with everything because it's not really worth it for me anymore. Having that constant need/desire in my head blotting out the rest of existence and blinding me from enjoying other normal activities is absolutely not worth it, and this is what heroin does for me 90% of my time, other 10% being actually using it/enjoying the high. Forget that. These last 4-5 days sleeping/eating off a week-long stim/dangerous activities binge gave me time to simply reacclimate to sobriety/existence/consciousness as a human being as it was intended to be, for me. I found myself enjoying TV shows once again and being able to fully concentrate on and be interested in things I used to be but can't anymore because of preoccupation with drugs like reading/spending time with SO. So I'm not sure, but I'm getting closer and closer to being comfortable with being done with everything and accepting my addiction as it is and being willing to surrender and be sober for good, which for me is ultimately the position I need to come to regardless of how much I want to warp the eventual outcome in my mind and live in a state of denial. While I don't agree with all of AA/NA, I do think some of their terminology/concepts are damn useful for identifying/understanding my addiction and overall situation.

Welcome to Bluelight :)
Price discussion isn't allowed here, so I edited your post, please read the rules

Could be that you got bunk heroin or the naltrexone is still working and you didn't do enough (you can still OD while on naltrexone, so don't take too much)

I never ended up getting the vivitrol shot but almost did at one point, my parents did the same thing, get the shot or you are out of the house, keys gone etc... except I called their bluff, they didn't throw me out of the house, they did take my keys but have them back after like a week lol

I have however been to MANY outpatient programs and have talked to people there who actually got the shot and some told me they couldn't get high for up to 60 days after getting it....

you sound like you are in no way to stop using, I mean shooting coke and meth while on the shot is exactly what I would have done if I ended up getting it you sound just like I did, but I am back on suboxone now, my saving grace. Get on a suboxone program man, because soon PAWS will be knockin

Well, just found out today my next court date for my pending legal case (2 theft charges from Walmart) is Tuesday with a drug test, so I'm just gonna take my ass right back to the clinic to get the Vivitrol shot tomorrow morning so it's that much easier to stay sober since I'm now gonna be on probation for the next year. It was either plead guilty and have charge on record for 3-5 years before potential expungement or do probation for a year and get it removed after successful completion. Sounded much better for my future to be eligible for its removal after a year with an additional incentive to stay sober (drug testing) because either with opiates or without (then benzo/IV stim abuse) I'm a reckless drug addict that is ultimately unhappy. The only possibility for my happiness for me is with sobriety, it's simply my truth, so I may as well take this opportunity the universe is presenting me and make the most of it. Well, and etizolam is legal in my state and I don't think is tested for...lol. Already the hamster wheel begins spinning, Jesus...

Gosh, it must be extremely stressful to work under the microscope like that. I have used opiates for most of my life and if I had to quit because of a bloody testing routine without knowing in advance, I'd be crazy and paranoid. Or perhaps I would have quit earlier lol. Serious man, I hope you don't get in any sort of problems regarding drug use so that doesn't jeopardize your future in other jobs. This system you have in US seems to work but in some countries I suppose they would have to fire most of the staff, not due to opiates but benzodiazepines. Everyone I know uses it from time to time. It's incredible how addicted this Word is becoming when it comes to benzos, alcohol and nicotine, not to mention MJ. :\

For real, it's both interesting and problematic at the same time the way the world is becoming or has already become. I almost enjoy facing the harsh, sober edge that reality provides when substances either aren't or simply can't be involved due to particular circumstances and getting back to the basic roots of existence and consciousness. But I have a hard time seeing me living the rest of my life sober. I absolutely love opiates, but I'm too much of a fiend for them to the point where they're all I think about/become preoccupied with so that I can't enjoy anything else until that need is satisfied, so I can say I'm better off without them, but if I didn't have Vivitrol to make not using them a complete non-issue it'd be very difficult.

I really should focus on my life, though, because a preoccupation with drugs has seriously derailed me. I was doing well in college until I ran into massive depression/anxiety self-medicated with benzo/IV opiate use and haven't been back the last 1.5 years, so now I have an opportunity to clean up and start classes again in a couple weeks, so I feel like I should probably just take this opportunity the universe is presenting me (I like to think in these terms, lol, as goofy as it may seem).

Vivitrol

So I got the Vivitrol shot 29 days ago. I've been experimenting since I got it and felt a decent H high 12 days ago when I shot a <snip> and then again about 7 days ago when I just sniffed about 0.2-0.3 of a strong batch at once. Then today after I go to my Viv appt. and say I liked it for the month but am not going to continue due to some depression-related effects I believe are directly-related to the Viv, I'm thinking I'm really gonna feel something and I shoot a little <snip> gray slab of ECP and feel absolutely nothing. This was about 3 hrs ago. I don't understand. It's like someone shot me with Viv in my sleep one night. Can someone explain this to me? Tomorrow'll be 30 days post-shot and I'm sitting here confused as hell and pissed off that I'm not getting any high from shooting heroin. What the hell is going on

Dear whom it may concern..I just did a quick overview of your post and your comments about how you've claimed to be experiencing euphoria; nonetheless after you've gone though and committed to trying to go down the right path with the Vivitrol shot. I am by no means judging you I'm just a bit baffled to be honest. You may have not received a strong enough injection of the naltrexone; AKA vivitrol. I've had a half dozen or so friends swear up and down that they're dedicated to pushing through the hell of withdrawal to acquire the shot. Overall about 20% of them ended up going through with it and of that 20% only 10% had positive comments and the other ten percent used soon after going through with the Naltrexone. I do not believe the shot is anything more than a desperate alternative to other crutches; Bupe, Methadone, ect. For those who did well on it I'm proud of them. I've battled opiate addiction for over 8 years on and off now. I'm well aware its a demon that takes some serious will power to beat. All that being said (which is nothing more than my opinion) I wish you nothing but the best. From what you've blurted out above I strongly recommend that you find yourself a bupe doctor or even at the very least a physician that's willing to treat opiate withdrawal with low dose Benzo's (preferably something sedative like, lorazepam, clonazepam, or best of all probably high dose temazepam. I just hope that my advice which is by no means anything more than words of advice based on personal experience; I truly hope they can assist you one way or another. Opiates are a real challenge and I know where you're at mentally and pysically. Just Give it your best shot, and if you really truly want to be free of that ball and chain around your ankle you've got the will power. You know that. Good Luck. Sincerely.

Hey I just did a brief overview of your situation. majickhat really hit the nail on the head. Its certainly a known fact that short term benzodiazepine therapy can curve opiate withdrawal symptoms quite effectively. Feel more than welcome to P.M. me for more tips of the trade. Above all don't forget anything even a substance crutch is better than slaving over the hell that dope reduces your life to. :) Beat of luck my friend!

For me personally Vivitrol works great for preventing me from getting high on opiates. It doesn't necessarily remove a person's obsession/desire to use opiates obviously. However, for me knowing that I couldn't get a satisfactory opiate high and the fact that I at least had something sitting on my receptors (the antagonist naltrexone) kept them from just being thirsty. With this, I really didn't have any cravings for opiates and still don't today anything like I used to during my serious/active H use, and this is day 30 post shot. I'm gonna get it again tomorrow just as a safeguard since I'm going to have to be starting mandatory UAs with probation on Tuesday. While you may be scratching your head thinking, "no cravings he says? he just shot dope yesterday!" Well yes I shot dope but that's because I believed I could get high again with it being day 29 post shot. However, the actual cravings, those debilitating, all-encompassing mental cravings were essentially non-existent and nothing compared to what they were in active IV H use. Even after I didn't get high, I was able to essentially accept the situation and forget about it, move on, which I'd've never been able to during active addiction.

I've considered buprenorphine/Suboxone and would maybe consider them, however, for me Vivitrol is a far better option since there's nothing narcotic about it, I can't/don't get high off of it. With buprenorphine, I personally am prone to abuse it because I know I get a good nodding high off 8 mg buprenorphine and would likely try to abuse my script for them. I appreciate the advice/help though. I've even shot the 8 mg sub pills, over 20 mg across a couple shots in a few hours in the first week of the Vivitrol shot and didn't get high really. That's irrelevant to the discussion, though. Regardless, Vivitrol is what works for me in keeping me clean with negligent ease, and for me I know I would be far more likely to try to screw around and achieve an opioid high if I was on a maintenance program. I hope I answered your question/concern. I wasn't all that clear on what it was to begin with TBH. But yes, I would love to use benzos recreationally/therapeutically because they are extremely advantageous for me in reducing my general anxiety/depression that I have even while sober and was essentially the whole initial reason for me diving into using opiates to self-medicate these conditions. However, with me getting on probation, these will not be an option unless I get RXed them, which isn't likely if any doctor/psych knows my history, which is honestly why I would try the etizolam route as it's a thienodiazepine and if it does fail is only because it's a shitty dip/strip test and if demanded it be sent on to the proper GC/MS testing will not test positive for a benzo. + etizolam is unscheduled (technically legal I think) in my particular state.

Methadone does remove that obsession to use opiates, for some people. Or at least reduce its appetite, however, at a very high cost. Liquid handcuffs as most people say. You think you are having a normal life when in fact you are being blocked from feeling usual street drugs or meds at a certain level and being under the effects of a powerful drug 24 hours, seven days a week for years and years. So if you don't have any substantial side effects from using, you will eventually realize you are not living your live, you are more like an avatar of yourself in a world where you never had to go through real tough withdrawals and have kept enough opioids in your body to maintain your mood. So it can work for a lot of people but from my experience, eventually you'll have to settle this and become who you are meant to be. And, this is harder than most people think it is. Some doctors insist in telling that this is not possible because you've gone from drugs to a replacement device without having a reality check first.

The reason I'm telling this to you is because I feel you are considering the use of Subs as an option which is okay for a lot of people just like methadone was or still is for most. You have to know that coming off of these drugs are much more difficult than quitting heroin, for instance. When you are out there needing your daily dose you see how reality is hurting you even if you do that for brief moments but when you get used with Subs or methadone, you don't get to have those windows of reality and when you eventually want to get out of this for good it's already too late and much more difficult to achieve. Withdrawals last one month instead of one week, although we are all different. It's also difficult to cope with all the emotions, sadness and fearful feelings you suddenly start to have after all they were numbed for so long you didn't have enough time to grow mature or to catch up with your age, so to speak.

I see that Vivitrol blocks some of the effects and by doing that you can be convinced to quit more easily IMO and that's from my perspective the best option you have so you can get rid of this risking relapsing like any other former user of opiates. You 'just' need to find out something that really distract you or makes you happy, stay busy as much as you can and soon you are living a life where your only problem will be dealing with eventual cravings which with experience is pretty doable.

This is what I think about the options you have thought about but you have to check what really motivates you. And whether you want this out of your life for good. Even if you have to go through some uncomfortable moments for a while. I say it's worth the effort. Specially if you are still young and have an entire life ahead of you. You will eventually be able find happiness like anyone else and disconnect from these desires little by little. Living one day at a time but knowing you are progressively feeling better.

I hope you find what suits you best and be okay with it. Remember that you are strong enough to do whatever you set your mind to. You can do this, but you need to want this! And from what I have read I think you are ready to quit. Don't ever doubt yourself. You can do this!

Good luck!
Take care,
Erik.

Man, i should have joined BL a long time ago.

I'll throw in my experience... I started Vivitrol 45 days ago because i wanted to stop doing heroin, no matter what the cost. 7 years ill never get back. I have had no cravings at ALL for OPIATES since getting the shot. Even going through the 24 hrs of precipitated w/d that i had to endure b/c i couldnt stop even for a day before getting the shot, but i knew to expect a day of intense w/d.

Since about a week after starting it, ive been dabbling with coke and meth, mostly the latter... staying up for 5 days straight at one point toward the end of my first 30 day cycle of the shot.

Now i am noticing some definite side effects after my body getting hit with the 2nd Vivitrol dose almost 2 weeks ago. My appetite is gone, my sex drive has been DEAD for weeks (im a 27 y/o guy), and interestingly enough, when i try and get high on crystal, i can now smoke all i want, snort it, parachute it, all of which ive tried... and i get no euphoria... literally i smoked half a gram and parachuted the other half gram one and a half hrs ago and i feel sober, even made some fuckin taquitos AND a bowl of fruity pebbs... So its like not only am i not high, its like the meth chemically does not have any effect. Bear in mind, this is the same guy and the same crystal i was using weeks ago with much much better effects. And all you have to do is google search "meth and naltrexone" and now its being suggested that studies show that vivitrol (naltrexone) can also be used for meth/amp/coke users because it acts on the dopamine reuptake system. Plus plenty of ppl report bad depression while on Vivitrol.

I don't know whats up... wondering if im just smoking too frequently and the effects are lessened (but i mean basically GONE) because i need to just recharge or if the vivitrol does have something to do with it. I have already read through many pages on this site with people mentioning using meth while on Vivitrol, but none detailing any experience... but plenty about trying to get high on heroin or other pills while within the 30 day timeframe... i dont feel the need or want to try, im sure it would be a waste.

Im convinced that Vivitrol does have effects on stims as well, and that its the same reason why i was only speedy and not as happy-high from the coke i recently did as well.

Im new here, and stoked just to see some experiences posted about Vivitrol. Pls let me know what you guys think.

When a friend of mine received their last vivitrol shot it took 48 days until they were able to feel 100% of the high.

The vivitrol shot has a half life of 5-10 days. Since (I believe) the standard dose is 380mg it should technically take UP TO 60 days to be fully out of your system, & that's on the long side of things. I've know people who were able to get fully faded on the 30 day mark, & also like someone mentioned above, sometimes the shot does not suspend correctly in the muscle & you are able to get high for the most part during the course of that whole month..but I feel that might be a rare occurrence.

As as far as the naltrexone 50mg pill.. I'm just gonna throw this out there on the off chance someone was like me searching up & down the internets on when they could get high.. Wait at least 72 hours from last dosage.

Omg I hope to God I'm not one of those unlucky bastards who has to wait 40+days before I feel 100% of my high. I'm currently day 28 off my first vivitrol shot I'm 29 yr old male 170 pounds. Can't anyone tell me the likely hood of when this will be out of me and I can get high again?? Like what's the majority of people wait time. Cuz I just tried to get high (day 28) I shot .2 and sniffed a .2 and felt mayb like 15% of how I should be. I've just been clean for 30+ days!!! Fuckin one bag of dope should have me on the floor!! Please answer as many peoples experience as possible
Thank you

Be very careful.... It might be one day it's blocking then the next day it is not. Try again in a week to be safe at a very low dose then work your way up. If that doesn't work take another week. I assume you're not getting the shot again?

Get narcan too and get a leur lock syringe with a nasal spray atomizer although I bet using a regular insulin rig with the needle broken off could work for nasal it is best to get a device that will spread an even coating on the nose to reduce drip.

Omg I hope to God I'm not one of those unlucky bastards who has to wait 40+days before I feel 100% of my high. I'm currently day 28 off my first vivitrol shot I'm 29 yr old male 170 pounds. Can't anyone tell me the likely hood of when this will be out of me and I can get high again?? Like what's the majority of people wait time. Cuz I just tried to get high (day 28) I shot .2 and sniffed a .2 and felt mayb like 15% of how I should be. I've just been clean for 30+ days!!! Fuckin one bag of dope should have me on the floor!! Please answer as many peoples experience as possible
Thank you

Generally it will last at least 30 days, and it's often the case the naltrexone from Viv lingers well into the second (in some cases even the third) month after the initial administration.

Be very careful.... It might be one day it's blocking then the next day it is not. Try again in a week to be safe at a very low dose then work your way up. If that doesn't work take another week. I assume you're not getting the shot again?

Get narcan too and get a leur lock syringe with a nasal spray atomizer although I bet using a regular insulin rig with the needle broken off could work for nasal it is best to get a device that will spread an even coating on the nose to reduce drip.

very Very VERY GOOD advice.

Please be careful Dboy. Just try to be very careful. If you need to use try using something like buprenorphine that doesn't lend itself to OD yet has a high affinity for opioid receptors. Whatever you use, you'll need to be very careful though. You can always take more, but never less.

If you're going to continue injecting dope you absolutely need to get yourself a Narcan kit. And make sure there is someone who knows how to use it in your household. If you have to hide your use from the people you live with, at least leave the Narcan out in obvious eyesight near you with clear, simple instructions on what to do with it in case you fall out. You can always put it away when you know you aren't going to/haven't OD.

There is really no excuse not to have one though. You can get them through your local needle exchange if your doctor won't prescribe it. They're a lot more accessible then they used to be now, although they are still more difficult to get than they should be. A lot of areas have passed laws that allow them to be sold OTC through pharmacies now, although they might be a bit expensive if you don't have insurance or insurance doesn't cover them. Getting them through a needle exchange might be your best bet (they are often free through them).

So I got the Vivitrol shot 29 days ago. I've been experimenting since I got it and felt a decent H high 12 days ago when I shot a <snip> and then again about 7 days ago when I just sniffed about 0.2-0.3 of a strong batch at once. Then today after I go to my Viv appt. and say I liked it for the month but am not going to continue due to some depression-related effects I believe are directly-related to the Viv, I'm thinking I'm really gonna feel something and I shoot a little <snip> gray slab of ECP and feel absolutely nothing. This was about 3 hrs ago. I don't understand. It's like someone shot me with Viv in my sleep one night. Can someone explain this to me? Tomorrow'll be 30 days post-shot and I'm sitting here confused as hell and pissed off that I'm not getting any high from shooting heroin. What the hell is going on[/QUOTE

tthis is way late but im on day 26 and just did a bag IV and felt it.was surprised. i mean prob not full blown but i def felt it. if i had more than just that im positive id be feeling really good right now. think it?s due to the small amt

BTW anyone ever test false positives for shit while on viv? idk if other things are metabolizing weird or what but there have been times where shit i didnt do and stuff ive never done has shown up on those at home UA tests that test for basically all drugs-and when i had the urine lab tested i showed up clean. so bizarre.

you shld be good. perhaps it was the quantity and/or quality. perhaps even the way it was done (as in maybe if u had shot all instead of sniffing some it wldve worked better). i mean kudos on being smart and not over doing it the first time as it?s much better to feel it only a bit than to OD. most likely by day 30 ull feel it all but as others mentioned everyones body is a bit diff. im om day 26 and did one bag via IV and felt it a bit. im happy i cld feel anything tbh as viv def takes the full 30 days (at least) to wear off. you know ure fine bc some ppl do not feel anything at all-not even 15% at ur stage in the timeline. sry and gluck

So I got the Vivitrol shot 29 days ago. I've been experimenting since I got it and felt a decent H high 12 days ago when I shot a <snip> and then again about 7 days ago when I just sniffed about 0.2-0.3 of a strong batch at once. Then today after I go to my Viv appt. and say I liked it for the month but am not going to continue due to some depression-related effects I believe are directly-related to the Viv, I'm thinking I'm really gonna feel something and I shoot a little <snip> gray slab of ECP and feel absolutely nothing. This was about 3 hrs ago. I don't understand. It's like someone shot me with Viv in my sleep one night. Can someone explain this to me? Tomorrow'll be 30 days post-shot and I'm sitting here confused as hell and pissed off that I'm not getting any high from shooting heroin. What the hell is going on[/QUOTE

tthis is way late but im on day 26 and just did a bag IV and felt it.was surprised. i mean prob not full blown but i def felt it. if i had more than just that im positive id be feeling really good right now. think it?s due to the small amt

update-found one other bag and slammed it. feeling good. def was about the quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

@tacodude....
this is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’m 27 days post Vivitrol shot and I’ve read anecdotally that it’s taken anywhere from 21 days (on the very low end) to 45 days (on the high end) for Vivitrol to wear off. I was taking about 10 pressed pills (fentanyl) orally a day before the shot.

I’ve been testing the waters a bit with a pill a day over the last week. What I was trying to research was what you were saying - that one day it’s blocking and the next day it’s not. I just hope I’m not one of the ones who has to wait 35-40 days....? it’s not the end of the world really, as I know it’ll eventually wear off and in the meantime I’ll be careful.