• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Datura

I have chatted to two people who liked datura, but it doesnt make me want to try it, it doesn't sound appealing to me, there BT said, the bad expereince reports outweight the good reports.

I decided from the feedback I have received here to give it a miss, sounds like shit.

Salvia has to be the hardest drug to obtain (for me at least). maybe thats why i want to try it for its spiritual purpose? Is there any other substance that comes in good proximity of the effects of salvia? Or better yet a legal substance?
Maybe i should go to another country to try it? is it legal in NZ?

Ive tried it once, not overly enjoyable. Trees were moving - there was no wind. would I do it again, probably not.

As you can see, this site has a certain character trait whereby most pundits enjoy the odd outing now and then on a substance that "feels like love". sort of like sitting and relaxing on a shaggy carpet in front of an open fire.

Datura has no love. Is not comforting. Provokes drug magnified fear. sort of jumping into the polar bear enclosure at the zoo.........perhaps an interesing thing to do....but fucking silly!

NO

Although I have not tried it personally my friend explained an incidence she experienced many years ago.
She had been messed for quite a number of days (not sure... maybe 2?) on one of her earlier experiences with Datura when her friends decided to go out.
Obviously feeling quite uncomfortable with the idea, she asked for the group to take her home.
They organised a taxi for her and gave her some money.
The taxi arrived at home, she got out and walked to the door.
Her mother answered the door and told her to leave... all of a sudden she realised she was still sitting in the taxi.
She was out the front of her house.
As she proceeded to give the taxi driver the money she owed for the fair she realised that within the palms of her hands, where she thought she was holding money, there was nothing there.
She searched franticly for the money, before trying to grab what appeared to be money on the dash.
The taxi driver then told her to get out of the cab... there was no money on the dash.
She went inside, told her mother (who was an experienced drug user herself) that she had just gotten stoned with friends and asked to sit on the bed with her.
As she lay with her Mum the roof suddenly began crashing down on her, melting if you will.
Her mother obviously realised she was not stoned and asked that she go take a bath to relax.
Whilst sitting in the bash, she suddenly realised she was having a premature baby.
Not knowing what to do, she took the foetus and wrapped it up in some cloth and placed it into the bin.
She then went to bed/passed out/ i'm not sure.
When she woke up the next morning to look in the biin there was nothing there... it was all a fuckin' wierd tripout.

Sounds like some fucked up shit to me.
Personally I couldn't handle anything to that degree.
She has warned me to KEEP AWAY as all the drug has created for her and her friends are problems... I guess I agree.
8o
Anyway.... there's a little report based on what I was told [and I assume to be the truth].
PEACE

apollo said:
I've never heard of a positive report. I've heard of only one person who took it more than once; he wound up in hospital both times.

That said, there have got to be some positive experiences out there. From what I can gauge however, the bad seriously outnumber the good.

Check out erowid trip reports, I remember reading a few positive reports. The one I distinctly remember is the crazy american cowboy guy. I'll post it for all of you to read, very funny story!

--------------------------------------------------------------
3 nuts oral Nutmeg
325 mg oral Ephedra sinica
0.25 tsp oral Datura (seeds)

Let me begin by stating that I am a pure 100% cornfed redneck cowboy. I am a 32 yr old male with a bit of a wild side. Apart from a fast horse and a well tuned guitar, I am certain that the one thing that I enjoy is a unique experience. This was by far the most unique of them all.

Friday eve 6:20 pm ....... I just finished preparing an elixer of Nutmeg in the following manner..... 3 whole fresh nuts grated finely with a spice grater, then placed in 2 cups boiling water and 1/2 oz white vinegar. The heat was then turned to a low simmer until about 7.5 oz of liquid was left. This liquid was gently sloshed about the pan to disolve the white powder that had formed around the edges. I then filtered this mix into a clear glass mug using an emptied tea bag and a funnel with a rubber band ( OH ! The sheer genious of it all )....Anyway....

I then drank 1/2 of my nutmeg tea and the taste was bitter but not totally prohibiting. I immediately slammed the rest and popped an ephedrine 325mg to ensure I would be awake to enjoy the fruit of my labor.

[Erowid Note: Probably an herbal supplement product containing 325mg of ephedra extract and thus an unknown amount of ephedrine itself.]

By 7:30pm I was feeling a definate difference in my state but I could not really describe it....I was not ' BUZZING' but I certainly was not baseline either.

I picked up my guitar and began to strum and by 8:40 or so I began to realize that at some point I had stopped playing my guitar and was just sitting in a chair with it in my lap. I distinctly remember beginning to play Hotel california when my little one man jam session started but I dont know if I finished the song or not. This Made me feel a bit odd but I took consolation in the fact that it was only 8:40pm thus, only an hour had passed.

I walked about the house at this point ...searching for something I knew I must and eventually could find but I have no clue what it is or why I am looking for it. By the time I satisfied myself that the mystery item I sought was not to be found in the house it was 11:15pm

I was feeling a strange light airy feeling and then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!!!!!

I just entered the twilight zone .... A bit more history is in order here...I have used some outstanding cannabis and experimented with Crank, and some small doses of acid so I am not a virgin to the altered states However ..I am not exactly a tripper either and my experiences were limited to this point....

I then did the most IGNORANT THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

I went to my trusty cupboard in the garage an withdrew a bottle containing Jimson weed seeds that I planned to experiment with (when I developed the nerve) and I helped myself to about 1/4of a teaspoon of the seeds.

By 2am I began to realize things were not normal by any standard. I noted this when the room began to close in around me and the seat of my chair began to sink into the bowels of the earth.

I ejected myself from the chair to find that the room that used to be 18 feet by 26 feet had barely enough room for me to stand in . I chose the only logical response to this and ran outside where I could breathe.

I found myself out in the middle of the yard ( 15 acres ) looking at the clear night sky. I saw a zillion stars and felt an inner peace and silence that can only be described as a religious experience. Each star suddenly had a purpose and a meaning. The cool grass beneath my feet was suddenly alive and deserved to be. and most of all I was a part of it all . the great scheme of things was right there in front of me as if a great door had somehow been opened to reveal that there was a meaning to life and each living thing and each unliving object had a common thread and were balanced in their own way.

I reluctantly went back inside to dicover it was 4:25 am and it had only been seconds since I went out................ ( or was it days?) I fell asleep listening to some classical music and woke at 9am feeling like a million bucks plus tax.....and then it dawned on me that The feeling of serenity was still there. I went out to begin my daily chores of feeding the animals and such and found this to be a real pleasure I felt like I understood them in a wierd sort of way. I found a great compassion and empathy for them. The morning sun was an awesome sight and feeling as it soaked into my skin.

It has been 4 days since My ride on that wild steed and I must tell you The feelings are far from gone. But the are wonderful feelings fortunately.

I will state the following....I did a dangerous thing in an altered state by mixing in the jimson weed....I realize now that the results could have easily turned tragic. I in no way condone the combination I consumed It is potentially FATAL !

I was fortunate to have had a pleasent experience.

One thing I do condone is a good horse, a well tuned guitar and living life to it's fullest potential by finding the door that this experience opened up for me. Wether you find it at the local health food store or growing in your backyard FIND IT !

It is an incredible dicovery. I am not sure how long this feeling will last but the memories of it will be eternal.

Well...I am off to record some more music with the band....Damn...it's wonderful to be alive ! ( hey ! do me a favor ya'all and dont tell the record company about this ok...It will be our little secret ( grin :) And the next time you feel like the world is on your shoulders....Open that door ! ( I bet there's a song in that ! )

Keep listenin folks i'll see what I can do.....

Most sincerely
Singing Cowboy

Exp Year: 2001 ID: 8711
Added: Aug 10, 2001

wow,

I had all these things I was gonna say but after reading that cowboys thoughts and a few of the other stories I think everything that needs to be said has just about been said :D

Do what you think is best for ya. Be well.

I too tried it once when I was in a very rough patch and needed to do some serious soulsearching.
All I can say is if you want to actually try this then study up on the Shaman usage of it, their methods and their theories on life and the mind and the spiritual world. This is not a drug where you can just take and then see what happens, you don't get "high" it's something totaly different. You gotta have a a purpose or a question . I meditated for nearly 5 hours whilst I was on it and it was rough as all shit on my mind, I went places within myself I would never of thought existed. In the end I got what I wanted out of it and am , IMHO, a better person because of my experience with it.
It left me a little rattled for a few days afterwards , and took nearly a week before my pupils went back to normal.
So please don't just take it for the hell of it or because your curious, it will chew you up and spit you out if your not mentally prepared for it. Or like some posters have said , you can easily end up in hospital. There's a BIG difference between tripping out and being totaly delerius for 24+ hours.
RESPECT IT

Ok... I don't know anyone that has had the "Guts" or "Nerve" to consume any of this Datura, or Jiimson Weed.

But, after a friend telling me that he used to go to school with someone who had experimented with Datura that grew wildly in his back-yard (this was in Tasmania somewhere), let me tell you... that story was enough to keep me away from the plant.

Now... here is the story as I understand it:-
This guy my friend Andrew went to school with (back in Year 10) found out he had Wild Datura growing in his back-yard among other weeds.

After finding out Datura had (not "recreational" as most people understand it.) Hallucinogenic value, this particular individual thought it would be interesting trying the Datura when stumbling across it in his yard on one of those boring days we have all been known to experience.

Now, due to the fact I don't know the guy who ingested the Datura, I don't know the specifics on how he ingested the substance, but was assured by my friend he had consumed it to a sucess.

Anyways... much to this guys surprise, he found (at first) that the Datura he had consumed/ingested was not affecting him in any way, other than making him feel rather nauseus, so he had just assumed that he didn't take enough of it.
So, what's he do you ask?? Turns out he took more in order to feel the effects of the substance and as he was consuming his second dose of Datura, he noticed he was having a full-fledge conversation with his mother (who was currently in Alaska on work.).

Now... extremely surprised his mother had come back all the way from Alaska, he was rather dumb-founded on why she had travelled all the way back home without notice.

Later on down the track, his mother was to strip the whole house down and sell off the whole parts of their house to the local hardware store. He was also to notice that their house had somehow "reconstruct" itself.

Anyways... that's just part of his hallucinogenic delrium he had experienced.

But... it turns out that later on down the track (One day and a half later) he was found walking around his old high school completely stark naked having conversations with people that were not there.

The police got involved and he was sent to a hospital (assuming a psyche ward.) where they pumped him full of anti-psychotic drugs to combat the effects of the drug.
Apparantly he was zombified for weeks after the experience and had immense difficulty comprehending the difference from reality and surreality.

Apparantly, to this very day... the very same guy that had the Datura experience, suffers from chaotic anxiety attacks and flashback-like effects. He also is prescribed anti-psychotic drugs to help him through his day-to-day life, because of the mental un-easiness he experiences on occasion.

Apparantly the poor guy has never had a job since (was an apprentice mechanic before he did the Datura), he never goes out into public and will never leave home... or go anywhere without his parents present (Ohhh... and he is 26 years old.)

Some people probably think this is an over-exxageration of what the poor guy suffers from since he experimented with the Datura, but... I have been told this story by ALOT of people in my circle of friends (and many others that knew the guy personally) and this story alone is enough to scare the shit out of those (myself included) who have heard it.

If you feel confident in trying the Datura, I'm not trying to scare you from doing it at all. As, I have read many experience reports from people that are still the same today. I'm just telling you this to shed some light on what *COULD* happen to anybody.

Deleriants may have potential at developing waking lucid dreams, but other than that I would stay WELL away.

I have tried it and experienced very disturbing spirit/ghosts wirling around me at and wispering away to themselves. I found it to be very uncomfortable and never did it again. I tried it without realy knowing much about it whilst in high school, it was a silly thing to do. The states of mind it can induce are at the time completly REAL and your reaction is usualy what you would do in that situation however outlandish and strange it is. This can be a real danger when faced with what you believe to be life threatening situations and the flight/fright response occures. You can cause some serious damage to yourself and those around you!

I myself have ONLY had good experiences with datura. THat goes for my girlfriend as well.

I find it very amusing also, that I have posted of these on bluelight and elsewhere before (under a different nick i used to have a couple years back) Yet I still see people who i KNOW have read my (postive) experiences claim that they have NEVER heard of a good report. Selective hearing I guess

Datura can indeed produce an extremely interesting and EXTREMELY spiritual trip. What i have learnt from my datura expereinces can perhaps only be surpassed from countless mushroom trips, but even then, only just. Datura is mind-bogglingly powerful and should most definately not be taken more than once a year. Once in a lifetime should be enough for most people save some shamanic types who use it as a ritualistic medium.

However, do not take it lightly. And do not expect a good trip.

And most importantly, above all else, do NOT take it recreationally.

ALso, having some people (definately ppl, not person) is also a very good idea if you would like some assurance on your still being alive at the end of it.

Basically, imagine having a dream, where the consequences of everything you do in that dream, become reality.

EDIT: Just thought i might add, after reading the story of the apprentice mechanic above. Stories like that are not uncommon with datura and as far fetched as they may seem, certainly do not take them with a grain of salt. I can testify that something like that is WELL within the realms of possibilty when on datura. I know people prob told you all kinds of crazy storys about acid before you tried that and they all turned out to be BS, but do not be fooled by datura. I know many people who have had some pretty horrificly life changing datura experiences. I also know of 2 people who have lost their life due to datura. 1 account is as follows; I'll skimp out on the most part, but basically they froze to death hugging an outside bbq they thought was on because they were cold. BE WARNED, when you read datura horror stories DO NOT assume they won't happen to you.

If you have any doubts about taking datura, then don't take it. Trust me.

Last edited:
Well good or bad, it's interesting shit. I think anyone who is after a euphoria or positive trip STAY THE FUCK AWAY. But if u like horror movies and/or ever wanted to find urself in the middle of a David Lynch film, this shit is for you. Well at times datura can be what happens when David Lynch makes a troma film, but anyhoo.....I will still continue to do datura every so often coz it's nice to be utterly shit scared and go into introspective nightmares :p

jeeze.. looks like Timothy leary and I are the only two people who liked it.... oh well... theres alot to be said for realising two days later than it was all adream.. how you deal with that will determine whether or not you enjoy it or not... :) that being said. there are two important things to remember. (other than try half of a dose first)

you WILL go blind for days afterwards.. not liek totally blind.. but it dilates your pupils and they stay liek that for days. Seems liek theres a film of water trickling over everything.

and secondly.... (and most importantly) your throat will dryout) .. im not talking bout dry mouth like when your stoned.. im talking parched... cracked raw.. as though you have just eaten half a Km of sandpaper and washed it down with a bowl of salt... so have alot of water and anesthetic cough lozenges at the ready.

if yoru up for it.. mix with aminata.. and stay away from anything even remotly resembling acess to a public area ;)

All ethnogens need to be given a certain amount of respect, epecially datura if your going to eat huge amounts of seeds.

The leaves can be used in conjunction with cannabis to potentiate cannabis's effects. I've also heard of a few different people who smoke the leaves because it is good for the lungs.

Every now and then I take about 10 seeds before I goto sleep so that my dreams become more vivid and easier to recall

yup yup.. i highly (no pun intended) recommend smoking leaves. .or a few crushed seeds with you MJ. or even just on its own... but theres respect and there is handling datura...

I tried datura when I was 16 - ate the leaves I think from memory... big mistake. My girlfriend passed out, started shaking, and wouldn't wake up. The next morning neither of us could see properly and we thought we were going to go blind. fuck. By lunchtime we were both ok, but it is the scariest experience I have had on drugs.