Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Datura

my innerself

Bluelighter
So has anyone here ever tried Datura? Every report I read 99.99% of the users have a terrible report. I have access to the plant, seeds and flowers and was wondering if it is possible to slowly build up to a mild and controllable trip. I do know how toxic Datura is and what it contains, but has anyone had a positive response to this plant?

From what I've read on BL previously, it is virtually impossible to dose 'accurately'. Personally i wouldn't go near the shit. If you want to push yourself to insanity for 15min instead of 3 days, go take a big fat hit of Salvia extract.

I've never heard of a positive report. I've heard of only one person who took it more than once; he wound up in hospital both times.

That said, there have got to be some positive experiences out there. From what I can gauge however, the bad seriously outnumber the good.

From what I can understand, its not like hallucinating and thinking "holy shit, what a cool trip I am having", its more like the hallucinations seem real and you dont think your hallucinating, kind of like a living dream. Though, everyone seems to have had a terrible experience and say they will never do it again. Alot of people even do alot of damage to themselves, and the people around them. Still curious if there is a way to enjoy this stuff.

I think the only way to really get anything positive out of this is to be an ancient shaman who is touch with the spirit world and spend their whole life doing this kind of stuff.
I truely believe Datura is not for the 'modern' human...

Datura ~ = Poison

While some may argue convincingly about it's spiritual potential, I have no good reports and many bad. I tried it on on a few stupid occasions ( reports are elsewhere) and although I approached the dosage carefully - I thought - I was totally caught off guard with the tiny amount of extract made from the smaller coloured flowers.

This stuff is really shit, and may leave you affected for life.

An old friend recently admitted why he doesn't do drugs any more, even though he recently began working in the rave scene doing production and is often offered free treats. He told me about a datura trip which produced hideous figures that followed him everywhere. That was 30 years ago, and they still follow him around...meaning he often wonders whether he ever came down from that trip, as he never remembers actually thinking it was over. Perhaps he just became accustomed to it all. He still functions fine and thankfully gets to apply his brilliant mind in all manner of areas. But he doesn't feel all was ever OK, so think about it carefully before deciding Datura is worth tearing yourself to pieces over.

Be careful with substances like scopolamine. If you're dead set keen, then please at least follow this advice.

• Datura must be picked when in flower and only the flowers should be taken.
  • Always test at low dosages, whether that's from a new batch or an old one stored away (don't store if at all possible)
  • Always have 2 completely straight people around who know how to recognise early warning signs
  • Read at least 10 case studies on deaths from Datura.
  • Never do Datura outside of a safe environment (secure, no sharp edges, loose objects etc). Outside may be safe but preparation and planning should be carefully organised.

I guess I could list many don'ts and very few do's with datura. I would never advise anyone to try it, listing the third and final try as one of the most terrifying experiences.

Just Kiss your loved ones before you indulge. Oh, and if you really do love them, see that they're far away and safe from what you may become.

^^After reading this I wouldn't even entertain the idea of trying Datura!

Well... 99.9% bad trip reports... What's the gamble? 3 days of delirium so intense you will probably forget you've taken datura, up to 7 further days of pupil dilation so bad you can't see without sunglasses, severe nausea and hospital strength dehydration... against a 1 in 1000 chance of having a positive experience. I used to be interested in datura, but these days I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot clown pole...

BigTrancer :)

Aren't the main active ingredients hyoscine (scopolomine), atropine and related chemicals? I haven't had datura, but used to have hyoscine a bit in the form of motion sickness tables.

Must've liked punishing myself because it was always bad. It made me feel sea sick, dry mouth, wavy vision and loss of balance. Almost impossible to swallow & I couldn't see properly for ages afterwards.

Why anyone would wanna take atropine is beyond me, unless they're trying to kill themselves.

They used datura for asthmatics it was on "Dr Quinn medicine woman" haha.. Tried it myself when I was a teen and we didnt know what to do, at the time there was no internet so we kinda just threw everything (flowers, stalk, seeds whatever) into a pot and boiled it.. We drank about half a cup each and got completely ripped to the point I thought I was dying :( and at some stage I thought I WAS dead!? felt my face and I thought it was my skull I was touching.. FREAKY! it took like all weekend for it to go away and pretty much felt like I was blind (had to look sideways to see straight ahead!?) after the comedown. A month later our mate (who was with us) jumped off a bridge into an oncoming train.. It spooked us forever :( Only stuff like Acid, Microdots + Mushies ill do now nothing else! But hmmm seems like alot of acid type pills are here in NZ.. Thankgod for pillreports! cheers and keep safe

I've done datura. I ended up in hospital (my own fault, long story) Anyway, i'd do it again no questions asked- It made me realise alot of things, It made me realise I wanted to live.. And so ends another episode of "drugs saved my life"

thats a sad story person, but hopefully in sharing YOUR pain you have prevented the same thing happening to someone else...

thats what makes it so hard for me to say WHAT the HELL do you mean by "acid-type" pillls... theres no acid in commercial ecstacy youve either got MDA, Ketamine or are prone to hallucinating on MDMA. (my gf is the same, we were standing outside and she saw a big dinner party going on, someone got out of their chair and followed m around. she could see all this as plain as day. I on the other hand, only really hallucinte from high dose MDA and cannabis, not MDMA alone)

however do not feel i am trying to dertract from your first statement im just being anal retntive :)

I guess the only reason I am even contemplating trying this stuff is because of my old love affair with psyhcadalics (spelling :(). I havent seen or heard of acid for years, always looking but never finding. There is always XTC to be found, but thats a totally diferent type of drug. I want something to open my mind, and maybe teach me something about myself. Still though, I know a guy who can get me some San Pedro/Peruvian Torch, maybe I should make a nice green tea out of that and give that a go (holy shit, I think I have just thought of my next thread).

WHAT the HELL do you mean by "acid-type" pillls... theres no acid in commercial ecstacy

OK its an understatement! just there were a few pills going around (in NZ that is) that made ya trip your nut off, no mdma just something else besides a kbomb!? I tried one (green club) and it was similiar to a microdot or whatever you call it elsewhere.... Felt like your typical tab, since Ive taken ALOT of acid lol ;)

My Innerself, its a good experience if your lucky enough to have to right dose. Most people overdose on the stuff because they dont know what they are doing and eat enough for ten men.

I think the problem is most poelpe get a reciepe and its for another strain of datura, (i.e jimsons weed or inoxa) and they differ greatly in strength, and some people just chuck a whole heap of flowers and leaves in the pot with some water (highly intelligent drug use)

I only use the white flowers from the inoxa tree, the others are way too strong and can leave u messed up or tripping for days. Make sure u get a recipe that is for the strain you have and only eat half of what they say the first time. It can be a real good experience if done properly.

Take Care and Enjoy.

I did datura once many years ago and ended up in hospital.
I would never touch the stuff again and would strongly discourage anyone I knew from doing so either.

I will NEVER touch this stuff, ever!

I too, have Never heard of a pleasant experience with Datura.

well, I have done datura 5 times and my 6th being today/tonight. I find out of all 5 trips, two were actually quite pleasant and the others were pretty full on freaky. I find after 2 times, u get get some sort of habitual tolerance to it. I am under the influences of datura and shrooms as we speak. Which is odd coz I can still use the computer, but when I leave this room, things are really spinnin me out. Thank fuck I only used 15 seeds. Well I am enjoyin this now actually for some reason, even though I dunno when I am actually awake or dreaming which is normal for this shit. Btw, if u want a non delerious full on trip on datura, try some base or other stimulants. Makes it quite pleasant and endurable.

Peace Out

I am not exactly sure whether or not apollo was talking about me in his post (I have posted the story so many times its getting ridiculous).

Never the less, I have had datura twice and have ended up in hospital both times. I was delerious, dehydrated and fucking scared on both occations and I would go to considerable lengths to convince people not to try it. I have never spoken with somone who has actually enjoyed it.