Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
"Dark" is a new series I tried getting into. It's German. It starts off interesting about kids who go missing in a town. Then they add time travel and it gets confusing/annoying as they jump back and forth between the past and the present. I watched a few episodes and gave up. Most of the characters are forgettable anyway.

I just saw it. I quite enjoyed it. A little difficult to follow at times as they jump between different times, especially in the last 3 episodes as they begin to pull all the threads together and you start to make more sense of who is who and who is doing what in which different era. I found the characters reasonably well fleshed out, but they are dealing with a lot so I guess it's never going to be massively three-dimensional?

One thing: I had to turn on German language and English subs. I cannot deal with dubbed TV, it's awful and the sound isn't very atmospheric. I'm pretty used to subs now from watching all the Scandi stuff on TV the last few years.

Glad you enjoyed it! It seems that maybe I'm in the minority of not liking it much because it does have good ratings. I only had a couple of episodes left in the season before I bailed. Some of the characters started to become very obnoxious. The plot also turned me off as it went along. I might just finish the rest of the season since I was almost done anyway. Maybe the last few episodes will spark my interest again.

Some of the characters started to become very obnoxious.

Yeah actually this is a pretty accurate assessment. I mean, you want to root for somebody, but they don't make it easy. I'm glad they actually do explain everything that's going on word for word though. Too many series these days they try to keep things cryptic and unanswered, but Dark does satisfy in that regard in the last 2 episodes.