• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dangers Of Mephedrone - Article Tells of Mephedrone Related Death

There were potentially other substances involved. I heard of booze and Methadone mentioned in EADD but there won't be conclusive results until a toxicology report is published.

It's a good question as to how many deaths were a direct result of Mephedrone alone. The first death of that girl turned out to be pneumonia or something? Some form of respiratory disease.
The ball-rip-offing was more that persons mental heath.
I mean I know this stuff can be potentially harmful and long term use cannot be good for you, but the media are, as always, blowing things out of proportion (think MDMA in the 90's).

This technically could be moved to Drugs in the Media, but it doesn't fit their format and fits in with our goal of servicing Harm Reduction here in OD. This thread can stay as long as the discussion focuses on the dangers of mephedrone and other related RC's.

If it degrades into discussion of sources or anything else off-topic/against the rules, it will be closed.

How about changing the title of this thread to something descriptive? I really hate purposefully vague, "lure you into reading it" thread titles.

A lot of people generally search thread titles only when they search, so vague thread titles are ultimately useless. Can the mods make this a rule?

It is a rule, I just put it off for the moment because I couldn't think of anything decent to change it to, then fell asleep lol. I'll change it now.

The media aren't too aware, but I'm fairly sure the police are aware of the (BIG) difference... mostly...
505015-cartman_super.jpg

The first girl that was in the papers because of her "meow overdose" lived near me, i actually met her a few times and i've learnt she was also on ketamine and acid, it looks like most of these deaths are when people are mixing.

The first girl that was in the papers because of her "meow overdose" lived near me, i actually met her a few times and i've learnt she was also on ketamine and acid, it looks like most of these deaths are when people are mixing.

That ended up being due to respiratory pneumonia because of a strep. virus...
Oh how well the media portray stories in a truthful, accurate manner 8) :p :|

**Buries himself underground to start a new life**