• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dangerous Combination / Mixture Megathread

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Does this exist already? I saw the "dangerous combinations" thread in the drug FAQ and see incredible potential for safety if the idea were expanded upon. If, perhaps, drugs were alphabetized and had lists of other substances that were dangerous to mix, then we could have an easy-to-access list of every recreational and medicinal drug and what not to mix with them based on both scientific observation and anecdotal evidence. A plain and simple guidebook on what not to mix - no whos, whys, wheres; these can be answered in other threads - just a big ol' simplified list of "Here's substance A, do NOT mix with x, y, or z"

Just an idea. If this has been done already or sounds stupid feel free to delete the thread. If not, anytime somebody adds
information we'll add it to the OP and credit the poster...
example..

Alcohol
is dangerous to mix with

itself (lol)
benzodiazepines (xanax, valium, ativan, etc)
opiates (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc)

anything containing acetaminophen
antihistamines
that cause drowsiness
antibiotics
sleeping meds(emphasis on seroquel, wellbutrin, cymbalta)
antidepressants
particularly MAOIs
medicine for diabetes
blood clot meds
blood pressure maintenance medicine
cholesterol meds

and basically anything that makes you dizzy or drowsy.

This format allows us to cram a whole lot of harm-reducing information into a small space and if the user wants additional information they can look it up themselves without us filling the thread with specifics on each interaction. This is just a big ol' dandy lif-saving list of "HEY, DON'T MIX THIS WITH THAT."

In the psychedelic drugs index there is a long list of safe, "potentially dangerous", and dangerous combinations. Very good idea to post this in Other Drugs:). I would suggest copying and pasting the PD thread or at least the ones you may not have covered. I feel that a mod would have no problem making this thread a sticky for HR's sake.