• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Dammit - Direct Diazepam to Clonazepam "rant" time. Help?

UtterlyConfused

Bluelighter
So yesterday I switched from 10mg of Diazepam 3x Daily to 1 1/2 mg 3x Daily. I had to take my morning dose of Diazepam and then took my afternoon dose. I didn't feel much. I felt horrible by about 3 PM. Pulling muscles. Extreme rigidity/spasticity. Migraine. Feeling very strange. Not a lot of anxiety except for just wanting to go to sleep. At the same time, I've been very busy. I came home and took my evening dose. Didn't feel AS bad but still not great. Is this something that might take a few days to "work"? Thanks. I feel "eh, okay" right now, but still feel a bit stiff in the neck and jaw. Hoping it doesn't get bad in the afternoon. Thoughts?

Yeah. But now I'm just worried about all sorts of things. My jaw was clinching. I could barely walk and my neck was like a rock. No coordination because of the stiffness and a migraine so bad I was having a hard time hearing and I was seeing double. Should this even out? I took my morning dose a little while ago and my next dose is, (of Clonazepam) is at about 2 - 3 PM

Yeah, it should. I would take them sublingually, for now. And do not eat or drink for at least 15 - 20min afterwards. If this hasn't abated by monday call your doctor. Can you remind me again, since it's been a while since I've been and it's been a long night, why are switch again, tapering?

diazepam is a strong myorelaxant than clonazepam, so you could just be having some very ephemeral blowback effects...

But that's pretty intense. I know some clonazepam generics are trash. are yours green ones that say teva on them?

'

No, mine are blue and say C1 on them. And well, yeah. He wants me back on the Clonazepam while they figure out what else to do and then talk about a taper after that. I don't see him again til September. So... And yeah, I think so too. As for the blowback effects, should they subside soon? And yeah, it was. I had to hide it...poorly. I was just leaning up against a wall and feeling extremely scared for about 8 hours during the rehearsal. I'm hoping I am more stable today. Could be the social setting too. It calmed down once I got home. My neck muscles were like solid rock and my head was literally throbbing. I still feel a bit weird this morning. So, here's to hoping for a somewhat better afternoon. On an odd note, I slept more than I have in a year and a half. I slept for 9 hours. I usually get about 4 - 5 hours sleep.

Yes it could. hide what? what are you talking about...?

You don't have to wait until september. You can and schedule a visit him. There are other options besides diazepam that aren't clonazepam. Did you talk about chlordiazepoxide or oxazepam.

Don't feel like he will just deny you. He cares about your quality of life: he dosn't want you to sit here and suffer like this...

Next time you get them filled take them to a pharmacy that has the yellow actavis ones.

The generics are all the same. Unless you can show me there has been a recall or something similar, to send someone to a different pharmacy, for a controlled drug no less, is foolish.

So you switched from diazepam 10mg to clonazepam 0.5mg both thrice daily? Is anxiety the main issue or the pain/spasm in your muscles the primary complaint?

Diazepam is one of the quickest acting benzos with a quite short duration in acute dosing. Clonazepam is towards the other end of the spectrum in non-chronic dosing, taking longer to work but also having a longer duration.

Thats the confidence interval, not necessarily the active ingredient amount although they are correlated. And neither diazepam or clonazepam have a narrow therapeutic index so the differences would be clinically insignificant.

It's enough to allow enough for clinical difference in effects though.

.80 of 1 of klonopin will feel a lot different than a full 1. So I was just saying, the generic he could be getting might not be having the whole mg in it

This is why if you read online, there a wide variation between user reports in generic and wide preferences between versions.

So he takes 1.5 - he could be only 1.2mg and missing out a whole .3 which is a whole .5, a huge percentage of his dosage - which I'm not saying is happening (but if it is, it would be significant)

Wikipedia

The FDA requires the bioequivalence of a generic drug to be between 80% and 125% of the innovator product.[38] (This range is part of a statistical calculation, and does not mean that generic drugs are allowed to differ from their brand-name counterparts by up to 25 percent.) The FDA evaluated 2,070 studies conducted between 1996 and 2007 that compared the absorption of brand-name and generic drugs into a person’s body. The average difference in absorption between the generic and the brand-name drug was 3.5 percent, comparable to the difference between two batches of a brand-name drug.

This is from one of your links.

So yesterday I switched from 10mg of Diazepam 3x Daily to 1 1/2 mg 3x Daily. I had to take my morning dose of Diazepam and then took my afternoon dose. I didn't feel much. I felt horrible by about 3 PM. Pulling muscles. Extreme rigidity/spasticity. Migraine. Feeling very strange. Not a lot of anxiety except for just wanting to go to sleep. At the same time, I've been very busy. I came home and took my evening dose. Didn't feel AS bad but still not great. Is this something that might take a few days to "work"? Thanks. I feel "eh, okay" right now, but still feel a bit stiff in the neck and jaw. Hoping it doesn't get bad in the afternoon. Thoughts?

This is a bit strange, because diazepam withdrawal shouldn't begin before several days have passed from the last dose... In theory clonazepam should work as a replacement for diazepam. If you feel that the dose of clonazepam isn't large enough, I'd say that it is more advisable to try and increase its half life by drinking some white grapefruit juice every now and then, than to take more than the doctor has prescribed (that would just lead to trouble). If you get any serious symptoms, it's best to contact your doctor ASAP.

No, I switched from 10mg Diazepam 3x Daily to Clonazepam 1 1/2 mg 3x Daily. The problem is that I'm not really feeling it and I've just got some bad, really horrible neck and head pains. I also have dystonia. I'm on day 3 and for some reason it doesn't feel like the Clonzepam has "kicked in" yet. Sorry, I was out all day yesterday. Will this change. I heard it has to take a week or so to build up efficacy.

klonopin takes a little bit longer for the onset. You will fine in one day. If you still had some, I would have done my morning dose of Diaz and then the Klon the other 2x per day.

But, these meds are interchangeable and you just need to give it a day or so to fully kick in.

I take my Klon 2x day at wake and before sleep, you could try that with 2.5mg at morning and 2 at night.

Valium and Klonopin both have muscle relaxant properties.

I just want to bring the possibility that you could be psyching yourself out, as it were. I mean, I've done that so many times it's embarrassing.

Not saying that's the case or trying to minimize your suffering, but I figure it's worth mentioning. You can have a pretty significant effect on yourself with your mindset. Worth thinking about. In my view, you're actually taking significantly more psychoactive substance than you were before, so it's really a puzzler as to why you'd feel less of an effect.

I just want to bring the possibility that you could be psyching yourself out, as it were. I mean, I've done that so many times it's embarrassing.

Not saying that's the case or trying to minimize your suffering, but I figure it's worth mentioning. You can have a pretty significant effect on yourself with your mindset. Worth thinking about. In my view, you're actually taking significantly more psychoactive substance than you were before, so it's really a puzzler as to why you'd feel less of an effect.

True. I've just read up on it too much. I'm attracted to the horror stories. And I went into it thinking that it might not work. Still had some symptoms the past 2 days but I was working a lot. So, I attribute that to my Dystonia. Had a bad headache, anxiety and spasms. Still have some anxiety and weird physical symptoms. But they should pass. Really weak hands and a bit dizzy. Feeling like I should feel more calm. And yes, just catching up. @Girlwiththebluehair - I am also on Baclofen. And as for what I "Hide". I hide my spasms and have to force myself to move along with my spasms. Pretty much acting like I am jokingly being eccentric or closing my eyes and sitting perfectly still, or as still as I can be. LOL

I also have Dystonia..

I get dystonic reactions from antipsychotics that I was prescribed to in the past, I have used Clonazepam 1mg tablets, 10mg Valium Tablets, 10mg Valium Rectal Gel,Ativan,Clorazepate and Zanaflex for them and for the most part all the medications I listed that I used for dystonic reactions have helped.