• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Daily Oral Methamphetamine Use. Need some tips and help getting to sleep

Chip McNamara

Greenlighter
I have been taking Meth orally for about 2 weeks now; 1 week separating use thus far. I usally take an x-acto knife and cut off a relatively small amount, crush it up and either put it in my morning coffee or a gel capsule. My reason for doing this is not necessarily purily recreational. Years ago, stimulants such as Phentermine have helped me lose weight and stay focused in school. Both things which I need help with at this moment.

I have been running into a few problems such as dry mouth; insomnia and muscle weakness. Of course my usual in-take of food, which was unhealthy at best, has dramatically dropped off. From previous searches I know I should take; chelated magnesium, vitamin D, coconut oil capsules, and a complete multivitamin. Are there any other supplements anyone can recommend. I was thinking a good fish oil to promote brain function.

Now here is the more complicated problem. I am an off and on again habitual user of sedatives and opioids to name a few. My tolerance is well above an occasional user.

Oral meth seems to be distinctly noticeable to me for close to 18-20 hours. For instance, recently I dosed at 10 am. Even after exercising that day and taking ~60mg of Diazepam and 2-3 liquor drinks late in the evening I wasn't able to sleep until 7am the next day. It was not pleasant. I will say I ate dinner finally around 1am which I realize was a mistake. I enjoy Diazepam, alprazolam, hydrocodone etc. however I do not want to waste good recreational/medicine just in order to get a good night sleep. I notice, liquor and the aforementioned substances have 1/4th their normal effects while taking meth.

Has anyone tried Zolpidem or Lunesta etc. and how did it work for you? I'm a little worried about taking sleep aids such as melatonin as it makes you drowsy throught the day. I have tried Diphenhydramine (benadryl) 75 mg but with no luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I was on ambien for YEARS and it took me almost a year to sleep properly once I got off them. I switched to allergy pills (Diphenhydramine) and if I take 2 or 3 (25mg each) they drowse me out just like the Ambien used to. If you are on meth then you will need a LOT more than just 75mg to the point where nothing short of someone hitting you over the head with a hammer will help.

My suggestion is ease off the meth dosage. Sure you wont be as 'wired' but you will function better and give your body a chance to recuperate.

Ive been smoking high qaulity for atleast a week now but only 2-3 nice hits a day, at first I was smoking so much in a day I was getting spun out and tweaking the fuck out. Now when I take me couple hits a day I actually eat and sleep like im not even high.

But if your getting high as fuck still id just take less and maybe when coming down ambien or benzo something like that

Listen your best defence for sleep is not to take it on nights you really need sleep.sleep deprivation is horrible trust me..I've been clean "at least off amphetamines" since I got out of prison 7 months ago. That being said hard liquor is your best bet followed by benzos..to much diphenhydramine as the previous poster suggested is not conducive to good sleep nor is it a pleasant experience!

I have been taking Meth orally for about 2 weeks now; 1 week separating use thus far. I usally take an x-acto knife and cut off a relatively small amount, crush it up and either put it in my morning coffee or a gel capsule. My reason for doing this is not necessarily purily recreational. Years ago, stimulants such as Phentermine have helped me lose weight and stay focused in school. Both things which I need help with at this moment.

I have been running into a few problems such as dry mouth; insomnia and muscle weakness. Of course my usual in-take of food, which was unhealthy at best, has dramatically dropped off. From previous searches I know I should take; chelated magnesium, vitamin D, coconut oil capsules, and a complete multivitamin. Are there any other supplements anyone can recommend. I was thinking a good fish oil to promote brain function.

Now here is the more complicated problem. I am an off and on again habitual user of sedatives and opioids to name a few. My tolerance is well above an occasional user.

Oral meth seems to be distinctly noticeable to me for close to 18-20 hours. For instance, recently I dosed at 10 am. Even after exercising that day and taking ~60mg of Diazepam and 2-3 liquor drinks late in the evening I wasn't able to sleep until 7am the next day. It was not pleasant. I will say I ate dinner finally around 1am which I realize was a mistake. I enjoy Diazepam, alprazolam, hydrocodone etc. however I do not want to waste good recreational/medicine just in order to get a good night sleep. I notice, liquor and the aforementioned substances have 1/4th their normal effects while taking meth.

Has anyone tried Zolpidem or Lunesta etc. and how did it work for you? I'm a little worried about taking sleep aids such as melatonin as it makes you drowsy throught the day. I have tried Diphenhydramine (benadryl) 75 mg but with no luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I know how you feel...oral meth taken once a week would have me up for 35-40 hours, and that's even with taking temazepam, kratom and a whole lot of weed. If I dose at 8am Saturday morning I can sometimes catch an hour or two nap Sunday evening. Pregabalin (Lyrica) hasn't failed me at bedtime Sunday night but by that time I'm feeling pretty drained anyways. I smoked this morning so I'll see if this will allow me to sleep any earlier.

I doubt zolpidem would do much by it's self since it's so short acting, never taken lunesta sorry.

Chip, I say try Valerian root with a pinch of Jatamansi. Lol, I feel uneasy just reading and empathizing with you ;) I sure love my sleep.

If you can get some benzos thats your best bet. Otherwise try Melatonin. Its over the counter and knocks me out when I cant sleep normally.

i didn't know meth made you lose weight, or does it just curb hunger? Honestly if you're using it for school and weight loss, you'd probably be better off asking your doctor for an adderall script.
Meth just seems dangerous for daily use, imo.

i didn't know meth made you lose weight, or does it just curb hunger? Honestly if you're using it for school and weight loss, you'd probably be better off asking your doctor for an adderall script.
Meth just seems dangerous for daily use, imo.
Yeah it does because it completely kills appetite and users sometimes wont eat for days but unless OP is utterly obese or have ADHD it might be hard to get a script, even though about every kid in US is prescribed it

Yeah it does because it completely kills appetite and users sometimes wont eat for days but unless OP is utterly obese or have ADHD it might be hard to get a script, even though about every kid in US is prescribed it
Not only does it kill your appetite but eating anything solid almost makes you feel sick.

I've never been diagnosed with ADD though I show some signs; my parents did not believe in psychiatry/therapy or medication in general. Just before and during College Freshmen year I used Phentermine off and on for no longer than 4 months; At 160lbs I lost 20-25lbs and got straight A's but I was exercising and abstained from everything else. I recall a few sleeplessness nights, some Euphoria but that's it.

During Junior year I took; Adderall about 30pills and Concerta about 60 pills (forgotten the doses) given to me by a friend whose mother is a Psychiatrist. One of my parents was dying at the time and it just kind of helped me to get out of bed and at least try to complete my studies. I found the effects far more benign and ineffective even after uping dosage. I stuck with it as without it I might've left school. Years later I got my hands on Vyvanse, about 60-90 pills, again from a different friends Mother who was an MD. At this point though I was healthy 150lbs., happy and not in school - even still I noticed very few and benign effects. Np weight loss and no other noticeable effects.

I am not technically obese so I don't think any doctor would be able to prescribe me Phentermine. Does anyone know of a stimulant, ideally time-release, that mimics Phentermine that a doctor wouldn't have a problem describing me in my situation. I am definetely heavier now than I have ever been in my life to the point where friends and collegeaus noticed my weight gain over the past two years. My normal weight is 140lbs to 150lbs; currently at 195 lbs but was 205lbs a month and a half ago.

I was in a very negative relationship for the past two years coupled with the fact that I hated the job I was working and not exercising as well as drinking nearly every night to excess with me Ex. While I am glad to be free of said partner especially since I don't drink 1/6th of what I used to - it is very difficult starting over and staying motivated as I tend to be reclusive and introverted. Having work and School is also physically very draining when I just don't feel like doing anything.

I struggle with Depression, I believe everyone does at some point, but this is the first time it has been affecting my day to day for the past 2.5 years. About 6 months ago I began to see a GP/Therapist who prescribed me Wellbutrin and Clonazepam (for sleep). I also struggle with Insomnia on a fairly regular basis even when physically active and clean. While WB helped me greatly with a few important things in my life it did not make me more outgoing or have a desire to get physical exercise. I stopped Wellbutrin about 2 months ago and haven't noticed anything I miss as my situation has changed and I am under far less stress. Though I do grow melancholy when I think about my former lover.

I tried smoking meth and honestly just don't feel it is for me; for one its impractical if you are not at home. I am not after this for recreational purposes or to experience Euphoria. I could definitely use a boost in energy and some help losing weight - getting motivated - I know a side effect is elevated mood but that's a much needed effect for myself and those around me whom love me.

I will try upping the Benadryl a bit but I was looking for some more specific recommendations, herbs, routines and any guidance from someone who may have experienced something like this before. Thanks all to those that replied.

vyvanse is approved for the treatment of binge eating disorder. and its BETTER than phentermine.

Good to know but that is not my particular problem. As I explained lack of exercise/motivation/depression and excessive drinking got me overweight.

Also can you backup your claim that Vyvanse is "better" with something concrete beyond personal experience? Thx for the reply.

Can you get prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine in the extended release form instead of using meth?

Be extremely careful combining benzos, opiates, and alcohol a lot of people have died from mixing these drugs. Stay safe.

Can you get prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine in the extended release form instead of using meth?

Be extremely careful combining benzos, opiates, and alcohol a lot of people have died from mixing these drugs. Stay safe.

Excellent advice. Discretion is the better part of valor in this situation.

Get off the amphetamine. A comedown is better than a psychotic illness. And amphetamine use only ends with a comedown or a psychotic illness...