• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants D-Amp - XR vs. manual dosing + BP?

InfectedWithDrugs

Bluelighter
I'm on Dextroamphetamine 10mg 2x per day for ADHD and narcolepsy. Each dose lasts about 4 hours, but end of day crash sucks... 10mg at a time also makes me more anxious than 5mg doses.

Vyvanse and XR versions, supposedly, have an easier crash due to delayed release mechanisms, but they cost more. Would XR and Vyvanse still be more effective than me simply manually minimizing crash with the following 4x per day dosing:
- 7.5mg - first dose
- 5.0mg - 4 hours later
- 5.0mg - 4 hours later
- 2.5mg - 4 hours later (last dose)
???

Also, regular Amphetamine (generic Adderall) is cheaper than generic Dextroamphetamine IR. I wanted to switch because of that, but Adderall is 25% L-Amp. Would that not make Adderall heavier on the heart, BP and pulse compared to pure D-Amp? The first thing I do in the morning is eat and workout (lift weight and/or do cardio) and some articles say working out on Adderall is not good for one's heart. I figured that would be due to L-Amp norepinephrine action.

Idk man why don't you ask the person that prescribes you the stuff?

No, l-amp is more peripherally-acting, but mg for mg, I'm pretty sure that adderall is weaker than dexedrine. That's what I've seen in my time.

Adderall is definitely different. I'd say it's better tuned to productivity than d-amp sulfate (dexedrine).

Well that depends on other things like of course what kind of shape your heart and circulatory system is in (and family history of such), what you eat and when, and so on. Your doctor will know the right thigns to say and/or ask.

But we can't tell you what to take. You probably know that. Just what you can do to find out what works for you. For some, ir is great due to tailored dose and no long comedown, while others find xr to work without highs and lows throughout the day that ir may cause. There are many other reasons why ir or xr is better for someone. Again, tell the person licensed to give you the stuff, and it goes without saying, be totally honest. It would be a change that warrants a discussion, I'd think.

Wouldnt the end of the day crash be at 16 hours ie when your supposed to be crashing or asleep???

After thinking about its not going to like break your bank and is just a little more if i was you id consider the XR. Especially because i have narcolepsy and the thought of constantly checking the time all day worrying about dosing sounds like hell to me.

I like xr for my narcolepsy and adhd because im less tempted to give myself a little "booster" (sure i could crush them but youd be surprised how lazy you can be) and i dont have to constantly think about it.

Idk man why don't you ask the person that prescribes you the stuff?

No, l-amp is more peripherally-acting, but mg for mg, I'm pretty sure that adderall is weaker than dexedrine. That's what I've seen in my time.

Adderall is definitely different. I'd say it's better tuned to productivity than d-amp sulfate (dexedrine).

Well that depends on other things like of course what kind of shape your heart and circulatory system is in (and family history of such), what you eat and when, and so on. Your doctor will know the right thigns to say and/or ask.

But we can't tell you what to take. You probably know that. Just what you can do to find out what works for you. For some, ir is great due to tailored dose and no long comedown, while others find xr to work without highs and lows throughout the day that ir may cause. There are many other reasons why ir or xr is better for someone. Again, tell the person licensed to give you the stuff, and it goes without saying, be totally honest. It would be a change that warrants a discussion, I'd think.

Yeah, that's the funky thing about pure Dex vs Mixed Amp Salts. Amp salts focus me better than pure Dex, yet pure Dex is stronger and makes me less anxious. Amp salts use 3 mixtures of D-Amp that somehow enhance the effect of concentration.