• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cymbalta or percocet, which is giving me bad diarrea? (complicated details)

psychomantis

Greenlighter
Okay, very quick preface. I have used opiates on and off at different levels since i was a teenager, not incredibly consistent though. I have done a lot and have done a little, but there have been long periods of non use in the past. The most i had done in a night would be 80 mg roxycontin. Didnt do that for very long and just stopped for whatever reason.

Fast forward to a couple years ago. I have bad health/back issues and i had surgery a year ago. My surgeon prescribed me my 5 mg percocet (5/325) right after the surgery and every couple of months after.

Right after surgery i took 6 percocet a day for 2 months, then i went down to two a day and stayed there for a couple months.

Over time obviously my tolerance went up and i found a doctor to perscribe me them more regularly.

Now i get them once a month, same 5 mg dose. But i take up to 5-10 a day and finish them in about ten days. Then I just wait until getting a new bottle. That has been for 2 months, would rather not have to explain why i do this.

Final thing to add. For whatever reason in my whole life I have never gotten withdrawal symptoms that were beyond mental.

SO to the point now.

I am currently on my 20th day being on cymbalta, it is an anti depressant that also used to treat nerve damage. And it has been helping, especially when i take the percocet with it and it even helps my arthritis. I am already tolerating the cymbalta, which is fine because it is low dose. So i was going to ask for the dose to be raised

HOWEVER, right after doing the percocet thing this month, and running out of them, i started having insane diarrhea.

What i want to pinpoint, is what Is causing it. I have read both that cymbalta and opiate withdrawal cause bad diarrhea. Also am considering the acetominophen in the percocet, going to ask next time for oxycodone instead.

Heres the thing, i have done double the max amount i would take in a day now and have never gotten diarrea from it. I am thinking the cymbalta is causing it and the opiates masked the effect while I was on them.

What are your opinions?

Please do a CWE http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0 you are damaging your liver with the acetaminophen. You might be under the recommended dosage of 3000mg of acetaminophen a day, but it's still not good and a CWE is quick and easy.
I think it's withdrawal, but you could be right with the percocets masking the diarrhea.
If it's withdrawal, it should stop in a few days. If it's the cymbalta it won't.

Please do a CWE http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0 you are damaging your liver with the acetaminophen. You might be under the recommended dosage of 3000mg of acetaminophen a day, but it's still not good and a CWE is quick and easy.
I think it's withdrawal, but you could be right with the percocets masking the diarrhea.
If it's withdrawal, it should stop in a few days. If it's the cymbalta it won't.

Yes i will not take percocet again because of the acetaminophen.

Thanks for your response, so you think if the diarrhea doesnt go away in say three weeks then its not withdrawal and is in fact the cymbalta?

You can take them again, just read the link on how to do a CWE :)
Yes, even after one week withdrawal should be over so you shouldn't have diarrhea anyone if it's in fact the withdrawal causing it.

A number of anti-depressants cause loose stool so my bet is the Cymbalta. Be careful that you do not dehydrate.

Cymbalta is known to cause diarrhea in some patients. Like you said, it could also be from discontinuing the pain pills. It's not a good idea to go double over your prescribed amount of percocet. Be careful. You don't want to put yourself into opiate withdrawal every month.

My friends wife does that with her oxycontin and she gets diarrhea. It would be a rebound effect from mu downregulation in your GI upon stopping the narcotic so its likely the Percocet. And like I said, all that APAP on top of The cymbalta is very toxic for the liver. Cymbalta almost didn't get approved because of hepatotoxicity.

One week no percocet, and today the stomach pain is the worst. Im pretty sure its the cymbalta. Its a shame because it had some good side effects but this is too much.

Well opiates screw with your digestive system and act in the same way that loperimide and charcoal do causing more fluid to be retained as the waste passes through the body i would guess that when this drug is stopped the body instead of going back to normal over compensates as it were it stops relatively quickly unless theres a bigger underlying cause.