• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

CYFARCHION O GYMRU! (Greetings from Wales)

TheUltimateFixx

Bluelighter
Hi everyone here!,
I've been returning to this site over and over for a good 3 years now and FINALLY made the decision to join.

I'm a freelance landscape photographer.

Interests besides photography too many to list, but include linguistics, archaeology and marine biology among them. Basically I'd need about seven lifetimes to really get into everything that fascinates me. Think renaissance man. ;)

My fave pastimes are reading, listening to music, hiking and watching TV.
I can never eat enough pizza (and yes I'm team pineapple - roast me XD) and I used to have a pet goat.

Fave recreational chemical of choice : junk, smack and dope. XD
... Speaking of which I'm about fix myself a little bedtime treat, so if you lot will kindly excuse me 'till the morning 💉💤

Hi everyone here!,
I've been returning to this site over and over for a good 3 years now and FINALLY made the decision to join.

I'm a freelance landscape photographer.

Interests besides photography too many to list, but include linguistics, archaeology and marine biology among them. Basically I'd need about seven lifetimes to really get into everything that fascinates me. Think renaissance man. ;)

My fave pastimes are reading, listening to music, hiking and watching TV.
I can never eat enough pizza (and yes I'm team pineapple - roast me XD) and I used to have a pet goat.

Fave recreational chemical of choice : junk, smack and dope. XD
... Speaking of which I'm about fix myself a little bedtime treat, so if you lot will kindly excuse me 'till the morning 💉💤
I hope the Welsh soil is good for growing papaver somniferum

I hope the Welsh soil is good for growing papaver somniferum
As a matter of fact, in my little corner at least, yes it is. XD

I have some sinfully beautiful specimens of Persian White and Turkish Pepper Box in my garden, that I harvest for edible raw opium (has to be kept in an airtight box, otherwise the whole room would smell of it XD), two-thirds of which I then refine into chandu or smokeable opium.
The rest I mix into a tincture with 80% alcohol to make what is basically old-style laudanum. (A little bit of that will sort you when you can't get to sleep.)

... I do not bother with drying out seedheads for tea because after trying that I decided it tastes disgusting, the effect is less, and I find it more difficult to dose precisely.

Welcome to Bluelight @The UltimateFixx :)

I encourage you to check out: Life Advice and Visual Arts.
Lots of photography related stuff there that you might enjoy, also we have a photo contest which is held once a month or so that I'm sure you would enjoy participating in. :)

Hey there @The UltimateFixx and welcome

There are some cool sub forums as mentioned that you might just find to your liking. Hope you enjoy your stay and get that extra bit of knowledge that is here.

Regards
CoffeeShroom

As a matter of fact, in my little corner at least, yes it is. XD

I have some sinfully beautiful specimens of Persian White and Turkish Pepper Box in my garden, that I harvest for edible raw opium (has to be kept in an airtight box, otherwise the whole room would smell of it XD), two-thirds of which I then refine into chandu or smokeable opium.
The rest I mix into a tincture with 80% alcohol to make what is basically old-style laudanum. (A little bit of that will sort you when you can't get to sleep.)

... I do not bother with drying out seedheads for tea because after trying that I decided it tastes disgusting, the effect is less, and I find it more difficult to dose precisely.
Very disgusting whereas I've heard the smell of fresh opium is, according to Jean cocteau, "one of the least stupid smells in the world"

Very disgusting whereas I've heard the smell of fresh opium is, according to Jean cocteau, "one of the least stupid smells in the world"
Yes. ;)
... haha the taste is revoltingly bitter much like aspirin ; the scent I really like.
I have an old opium pipe which before I started using it, couldn't have been smoked in DECADES ; but the residue in the pipe stem and the damper still had some of that unmistakable smell
AHHHH

I'm originally from Germany but I've finished my school education and uni in the county of Gwynedd, which is about 80% native Welsh - speaking.
So picked up the language more or less as I went.