Training Log Cycling Journal (Bicycle not steroids)

Thursday September 19

11 miles, 42 mins.

Friday September 20

6 miles, 34-35 mins hill riding. Pushing about as hard as I could here.

Monday September 24

A whopping 3.4 miles, 20 mins. Took it a bit easy cuz I'm sick.

Last edited:
Back to work...

Friday September 27

11 miles... Didn't bother timing myself cuz I'm still sick.

Sunday September 29

11 miles, 42 mins or less, not quite sure. I'm pretty sure it was 5pm or after when I left tho. Feeling better but still not 100% yet.

October 1

6 miles, 36 mins hill riding. Not my fastest time but still a bit congested and coughing crap up.

October 2

Not very far, just rode to go get something to eat.

October 4

Rode to the store and back. Been a bit distracted, I gotta get back on track.

October 5

6 miles, 36 mins hill riding. Also walked about 1.6 miles.

Last edited:
Monday October 7

8.1 miles, 33 mins + 2.5 miles.

Sunday October 13

11 miles, 42 mins.

Monday October 14

6 miles, 35 mins hill riding.

Hoping there'll be a break in the rain at some point tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Thursday October 17

11 miles, 43-44 minutes. Damn wind was slowing me down a bit.

Saturday October 19

Monday October 21

11 miles, 43 mins.

Last edited:
Tuesday October 22

5.7 miles.

Sunday October 27

11 miles, 44 mins.

Monday October 28

Walked about 2 miles.

Tuesday October 29

6 miles, 38 mins hill riding. About 3 of those minutes were wasted battling my bike because the chain kept slipping and came off at one point. :X

Thursday October 31

11 miles, 43 mins.

Friday November 1

Walked about 2 miles, 32 mins.

Last edited:
Saturday November 2

6 miles, 35 mins hill riding. Better, but I'm still having a lot of problems shifting. Not sure what I'm gonna do.

Last edited:
shifting problems gotta be a pain with all the hills you ride.

it’s november now.

Yeah it isn't too great when your chain comes off mid hill. My only options are either to replace all the gears and shit, or get a new bike at this point.

Oh, and thanks for the correction. lol

Monday November 4

11 miles, 43 mins.

Wednesday November 6

Friday November 8

11 miles, 43 mins? Not sure, forgot to record it.

Saturday November 9

Walked about 2 miles.

Sunday November 10

6.7 miles, 37 mins hill riding. Took a slightly longer way back.

Wednesday November 13

11 miles, 42 mins. Tied for my best time I think.

Last edited:
Thursday November 14

Walked about 2 miles.

Saturday November 16

6 miles, 34 mins hill riding.

Monday November 18

11 miles, 41 mins. Pretty sure this is a PR.

Thursday November 21

6.7 miles, 37-38 mins hill riding.

Thursday November 28

11 miles, 41 mins. Trying to figure out what happened here because I didn't go 6 days without riding. :unsure:

Last edited:
Hoping to get a ride in tomorrow... Bunked off today cuz it was too cold. I'm gonna have to figure something out if the weather keeps being an issue.

Sunday December 1

6.7 miles, 37-38 mins hill riding. Was like 38 degrees out but I managed.

Tuesday December 3

11 miles, 41 mins I think? I keep forgetting to put this shit down.

Thursday December 5

6.7 miles, 37 mins hill riding.

Sunday December 8

11 miles, 40 mins. Best time so far.

Thursday December 12

6.7 miles, 37 mins hill riding. Rained for three days and today but cleared up for a while.

Saturday December 14

11 miles, 41 mins.

Last edited:
Just doing this for myself to keep track of my cardio and stay motivated...

Sunday March 17

22 mins hill riding

Monday March 18

30 mins hill riding

Tuesday March 19

30 mins hill riding

Distance is about 3.2 miles, gonna go up to 5 or so tomorrow. Main focus for now at least is going to be hill climbing.
Strava is a great training log app btw, great for planning routes too.

Have you considered signing up for a century ride(100 miles) or even a metric century?
Sounds crazy but a couple winters ago I noticed I was getting a flabby/lazy, and said fuck it, and signed up for one as an impetus to train. My first 15 mile ride sucked, did a couple more and they got easier, and by the week of the 100 miler I’d done a few 80 mile rides. The secret(and what took me from 16.5 to 13% body fat) were the long slow rides. Not really pushing myself too hard, just getting out and enjoying the zen of the open road. Today I regularly do 100-150 mile rides with a SF based group of riders, and it’s hella fun, and keeps me in shape mentally and physically.

Strava is a great training log app btw, great for planning routes too.

Have you considered signing up for a century ride(100 miles) or even a metric century?
Sounds crazy but a couple winters ago I noticed I was getting a flabby/lazy, and said fuck it, and signed up for one as an impetus to train. My first 15 mile ride sucked, did a couple more and they got easier, and by the week of the 100 miler I’d done a few 80 mile rides. The secret(and what took me from 16.5 to 13% body fat) were the long slow rides. Not really pushing myself too hard, just getting out and enjoying the zen of the open road. Today I regularly do 100-150 mile rides with a SF based group of riders, and it’s hella fun, and keeps me in shape mentally and physically.

Yeah, I've thought about increasing my distance. I could definitely ride further if I back off the intensity a bit, I'm just not sure where I'd ride to. Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, I've thought about increasing my distance. I could definitely ride further if I back off the intensity a bit, I'm just not sure where I'd ride to. Thanks for the comment!

Any mountains where you live? Coastline? Any cities to visit?

December 19 or 20?

11 miles, 40-41 mins. Weather's been shit but it's supposed to clear up later. Hopefully it does!

Monday December 23

13 miles, 1hr 4mins hill climbing then went a bit longer.

Wednesday December 25

13 miles, 1hr 2-3mins hill climbing then longer route again. My new goal is to bike this every other day.

Friday December 27

13 miles, 1hr 2 mins hill climbing + longer route.

Sunday December 29

13 miles, 1hr 2-3 mins hill climbing + longer route, + another .4 miles to the store lol. Pretty pleased with where I am right now as far as motivation and riding, especially considering the winter weather.

Tuesday December 31

14 miles?, hill climbing + longer route. Not sure of the time because I also rode to the store.

Last edited:
Thursday January 2

13 miles, 1hr 2-4 mins hill climbing + longer route, + another .4 miles to the store. Don't know how I managed to get this ride in... Didn't get out of the house until 4. It was dark by the time I was riding back. My schedule is definitely the worst this time of year. Of course when there's the least amount of daylight is when my schedule becomes the most nocturnal.

Friday January 3

8.1 miles, 32 mins. Wasn't planning on riding but decided to anyways.

Saturday January 4

2.4 miles... Rode to the store and back. 😆 Due to ride later today if the weather holds up.

Last edited: