Training Log Cycling Journal (Bicycle not steroids)

You’ve been killing this bro.

but yeah polyester clothes help a lot IMO. I recommend a pair of tights, they are a game changer

December 2

25.2 miles. Furthest I've gone thus far. I actually hit some gravel and dirt trails at the end. Left knee's complaining a little.

You’ve been killing this bro.

but yeah polyester clothes help a lot IMO. I recommend a pair of tights, they are a game changer

Thanks... I just got a merino wool base layer and an outer shell. But for some reason I'm still having a problem getting sweaty and cold. I don't see how I could be overdressed as it was like 43 degrees coming back. :(

Thanks... I just got a merino wool base layer and an outer shell. But for some reason I'm still having a problem getting sweaty and cold. I don't see how I could be overdressed as it was like 43 degrees coming back. :(
Yeah layers tend to help with that I’ve found. Typically I make sure that I’m cold when starting the workout so once I’m warmed up it’ll be comfortable. But layers you can always shed one or two and be ok

Yeah layers tend to help with that I’ve found. Typically I make sure that I’m cold when starting the workout so once I’m warmed up it’ll be comfortable. But layers you can always shed one or two and be ok

What would you wear if it was say 45 degrees? Unfortunately the only layers I have that aren't cotton are my baselayer and jacket so I don't have much to play with at this point.

What would you wear if it was say 45 degrees? Unfortunately the only layers I have that aren't cotton are my baselayer and jacket so I don't have much to play with at this point.
I would probably just rock the bike shorts, you’ll warm them up soon enough.

And then up top I would do the base layer and then a thin hoodie or long sleeve shirt over that for an additional layer. You can always tie the top layer around your waist.

i do run really hot though (I run shirtless in 30 degree weather lol) so ymmv. But general rule of thumb is no cotton right next to your skin. Separate it with something breathable like polyester

December 4

24.2 miles. I need to leave sooner than 2:50pm as I didn't get back til 5pm. lol

Stopped here...

130031647_10225263787527235_7165247058404180322_o.jpg

129901880_10225263790967321_2810453317469954040_o.jpg

Last edited:
December 6

12 miles in the dark. Schedule has been off the last few days. Hopefully I can get back on track.

December 7

19.4 miles in the dark again.

December 9

19.5 miles hill climbing.

December 12

19.2 miles

December 14

19.1 miles. Felt like my speed was pretty good today but I didn't time myself or anything. About due for some hill climbing.

December 17

19.1 miles. Haven't ridden out of town in a week now. Weather's been shit lately. Still, I suppose I'm doing better than I ever have as far as cycling in December.

December 20

12 miles. Would've gone further but it started pouring on me. Weather has been shit. :(

December 22

19.1 miles. Finally another "full" ride. Almost didn't go again because it was raining earlier but I caught a break, which of course meant me riding in the dark the last half. lol

Last edited:
December 30

12 miles in the dark cold and wet at midnight. I'm about ready to get back into it after a week off but the weather is total shit lately.

December 31

12 miles. Went better since there wasn't a hurricane this time. Still didn't leave til 8pm tho. I've also realized the headlight I have isn't hardly doing anything.

January 3

19.1 miles. Finally got a longer ride in. I got rained on but didn't really get cold so I kept going. Hasn't been very cold here lately.

January 4

19.1 miles. Wtf... Ran out of energy at the end. I need to get some endurance back apparently. Although part of it I think was not enough quality sleep.

January 7

20.4 miles. This felt a lot better for whatever reason. Stopped at home half way to piss and change out of my sweaty base layer. lol

January 9

19.1 miles

Last edited:
January 10

2.4 miles to the store. lol Not really counting this as a ride ride.

January 13

19.1 miles in the dark and cold. At least my headlight is working now. Just needed new batteries. lol

January 16

January 18

19.1 miles. On about 5hrs of sleep if that. 😑

January 20

19.1 miles

I'm pretty sure I rode on Friday the 22nd but I'm not sure. Either way, between the weather and my fucked up sleep schedule I haven't gotten in any rides since then. Hopefully the weather has a break later today.

January 28

19.1 miles... About time.

January 30

19.1 miles

February 1

Was gonna cycle tonight, but my shifter is broken now, so back to the shop my bike goes.

February 3

6 miles. That's as far as I could go with my fucked up gears.

Last edited: