• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWEs 100+ & Still Cannot Find Solution To APAP Problems

muie

Bluelighter
I've been doing CWEs since 2003 with both aspirin (ASA) & acetaminophen (APAP) finding aspirin to be the quickest & most effective, as opposed to ASA the APAP takes 3-4x as long and not in 1hr-1.5hrs the 50ml-100ml solution still isn't fully filtered, leaving a permanent amount of solution on the top that never trickles down the bottom of the glass. For the first 5min the solution drips perfectly but soon afterwards the amount of powder settles to the bottom of the coffee filter and appears to cover up any means for a good 50% of solution to trickle/filter down in the glass, even after 2hrs there is solution on top b/c it has nowhere to go being covered by the powder.

The problem is only with APAP, never aspirin, also between the two APAP always give a much cloudier when I actually get a little bit of solution.

I use the best coffee filters I can get and have gone from no name to almost every coffee filter through all these years with no different results.

Just to be clear after I have my pills to a perfect powder I dissolve them in between 50ml-200ml warm water so when u stick ur finger its warm not overtly that it burns your finger though. Mix for 2-3min until they dissolve sometimes quicker and put the cup/glass of solution on a straight surface in the freezer for just under 15min or until sticking ur finger inside you feel the cold like having a water bottle in the fridge for 24hrs so not freezing. Taking it out the 1st thing you notice is how the powder settled to the bottom with a few ml of very clear solution right above the powder. This solution is poured through the coffee filter surrounding the edges of the cup/glass that the final solution will be in, sometimes in one pour depending on the amount of solution just taken from the freezer. Everything sounds right and on track right, please correct me if I'm not realizing something!

I've tried using differing amounts of water from the smallest dissolvable amount of 50ml or under, up to 200ml and never used more than 16-20 pills at a single time. The smallest amount of pills I've used has been 7 or 8 pills and even that gave me the same problem to the point I considered just eating the remaining powder, didn't do it (disgusting) but didn't filtrate my other 90-100 pills neither. I always end up squeezing the filter with my hands to the point the powder comes out pasty and then know its time to throw it out.

The CWEs I've done have been on Tylenol 1s, T2s, T3s and 4s, Ultracets 37.5mg (tramadol and 325mg APAP), Codamin (paracetamol 400 mg, caffeine 23 mg, phosphate of codeine hemihydrate 15 mg), as well as AC&C (aspirin 325mg + 8mg codeine + 15 caffeine).

Any advice is welcomed!

Dont use warm or hot water, and if you cant get a vacuum filter (Buchner funnel), pipette off what stands on top of the apap cake and filter that in a new filter. A wash or two of the pills will increase yield.

I filter through cheese cloth or similar first. Then run the cloudy, but not thick, solution through a proper filter (kitchen roll lol)
Still takes forever though :X Alternatively, if you can get capsules rather than tablets its much easier.

Dont use warm or hot water, and if you cant get a vacuum filter (Buchner funnel), pipette off what stands on top of the apap cake and filter that in a new filter. A wash or two of the pills will increase yield.
I read somewhere that using warm/hot water releases any codeine that might be 'trapped' in binders etc.. I assume its cos apap is more soluble in hot water , along with some of the binders. This would allow any codeine molecules, that would normally remain trapped in binders/apap, to be freed! maybe?
I do agree that a vacuum filter would be useful, bodged a diy together one a while back. plastic bottle with a hose pipe and funnel attached. worked ok once everything was air tight. If anyone is going to try this use a strong bottle ;) ie, not a 2l coke bottle or anything, I used a spray bottle bottle.

Thanks to everyone who posted!

1) Where does one find vacuum filters (Buchner funnels) & how expensive are they, also what do they differently that the coffee filters I have don't?

2) Should you use cold water from the start instead of warm water?

a) Do you mean to dissolve the pills in cold water, then put them in the freezer for 10-15min like normal before putting the solution through the filter?

b) Use cold water and skip the freezer part, basically dissolve in cold water and pour solution through filter?

I was under the impression having warm water lets the pills dissolve easier in less water volume.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
What about separating the cwe into 3 or 4 equal amounts, and just grab 4 glasses and do 4 extractions at once. This shud avoid the filter clogging. Also, if you filter with 4+ layers like I do, don't he afraid to gently squeeze once the cwe slows down a lot. Just be careful to not burst it, but I've always managed to still end up with a clear solution or maybe the merkiness that a single ground up Tylenol would leave, along with all the accounted for apap in the filter after (weighed)

You can use hot water, just cool it in the fridge before filtering it.

A vacuum filter just uses air pressure to pull the solution through the filter, it also uses filter discs that dont have a seam running down the middle, so less prone to splitting.
Warm to dissolve, than freezer for a bit, and filter when its as cold as possible. paracetamol is more soluble in hot water. but hardly soluble in cold water.