• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE using Paramol.

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
Hey all, i tried doing some searches on here before posting a new thread but the only stuff i could find about the topic was from 7 or 8 years back, so i thought i'd ask a new.

Has anyone tried doing a CWE on paramol recently? (for those not familiar with the brand it's 7.5mg dihydrocodeine + 500mg apap) I read in some of the old threads that it came out cloudy and some were questioning wether they put some anti abuse agents in it to stop people doing it.
Just wondering if it's still safe to do a CWE on them? I've been taking about 500-600mg DHC over the course of a day for the past year or so and i can't get any more until next week so this seems like my only option.

Thanks.

CWE is kinda like the mouse trap, it's mostly tried and true as far as Codeine/ DHC & APAP goes.

Even though the APAP technique hasn't changed in a few years it's still much safer than not utilizing it. Titanium Dioxide can make your extraction cloudy but does not necessarily mean you didn't get the APAP out. The amount of sludge in the filter is usually a good idea to judge overall success.

May I suggest the AADD version which is nicely detailed: -Codeine-amp-CWE-(aka-cdub)-Megathread-third-time-s-the-charm

OD's isn't so bad either: -Cold-Water-Extraction-(CWE)-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0

Plus you might find some threads with specific CWE issues across BL with the Search Engine, even the ones that go way back can raise some good points. Or you can always PM me if replies here are slow.

Thanks for the links, i thought it wouldn't have changed much over the years but as far as paramol was concerning the only posts i could find on the thread was from a long time ago, just thought i was better off being safe than sorry, thanks for the heads up.

well i did a CWE with 28 paramol tabs but the solution was still an opaque white, but i read in the cwe megathread that that's pretty common with paramol due to binding agent of some sort.. there was still a ton of sludge left in the filter and i only used about 75ml of cold water so i assume there couldn't have been much apap in there due to there being no bits at all and only 70 odd ml of water

Paramol Tablets also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product: Maize Starch, Macrogol 400, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, Hypromellose and Titanium Dioxide.

The titanium dioxide can leave it milky but lots of sludge is a good sign. Sounds like it was successful.

The titanium dioxide can leave it milky but lots of sludge is a good sign. Sounds like it was successful.

Yeah it was no way near as pure white as the pre-filtrated mix, was just cloudy / milky. Think it was pretty successful but they are a real pain to crush up, and due to the covering on the outside of them they aren't very soluble if you don't crush them up before hand. Thanks again for your help!

Are these the paramol in the UK we are talking about here ? I did not know they had DHC in them if so, codeine yea but not DHC, never tried a CWE with these as they a lot deaer than regular co codamol but if it works im going to try it as i dont like to ask my doctor for a specific medication.

Yeah you can get them from any pharmacy, and yes they are dearer as they are the only OTC ones you can buy which contain dihydrocodeine, instead of the usual run of the mill co-codamol which have codeine. They are a real pain to crush up and the extraction itself turns out cloudy but i've seen other people report the same aswell, that it always turns out cloudy no matter the extraction. It does work but they are very expensive and not really worth while in my opinion, i only did it yesterday because i have no DHC tablets until next week. Was gonna do another one today but i think the effect i got from it wasn't worth the money, might just tackle the withdrawals head on until next week.

Yeah you can get them from any pharmacy, and yes they are dearer as they are the only OTC ones you can buy which contain dihydrocodeine, instead of the usual run of the mill co-codamol which have codeine. They are a real pain to crush up and the extraction itself turns out cloudy but i've seen other people report the same aswell, that it always turns out cloudy no matter the extraction. It does work but they are very expensive and not really worth while in my opinion, i only did it yesterday because i have no DHC tablets until next week. Was gonna do another one today but i think the effect i got from it wasn't worth the money, might just tackle the withdrawals head on until next week.

Dont mean to be nosey but why do you get DHC ? I get codeine 30mg tabs and tramadol off the doc but feel if i asked for DHC id be taken off what im on or seen as a drug seeker. I get really bad sciatica and wake up crying in pain, using codeine works quite fast but if DHC is stronger and still codeine they seem the answer to my pain. I hate taking tramadol

Dont mean to be nosey but why do you get DHC ? I get codeine 30mg tabs and tramadol off the doc but feel if i asked for DHC id be taken off what im on or seen as a drug seeker. I get really bad sciatica and wake up crying in pain, using codeine works quite fast but if DHC is stronger and still codeine they seem the answer to my pain. I hate taking tramadol

Well I started taking codeine for osteoarthritis in my knees but it had no effect so I was moved onto DHC and it helps a lot. Usually takes 10-20 minutes to start feeling the effects, but it is a lot more addictive than codeine (in my opinion) now I take up to 600mg a day when I should only be taking 200mg or so at most. Codeine has a ceiling dose where you won't get any more effect after 500-600mg (some say its lower, some say its higher) where as DHC doesn't have one. DHC is converted to hydromorphone and codeine is obviously converted into morphine. If you're just using for pain I wouldn't suggest taking anything stronger than you need to to manage your pain.