• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction CWE on APAP/DHC pills, advice needed

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey guys..

I bought 2 packs of Paramol which contain 500mg of APAP and 7.46mg of Dihydrocodeine, each pack contains 32 tablets so in total ive got 64 tablets. So 7.46mg of DHC x 64 = 477.44mg. I've never done a CWE before can anyone tell me the best method on how to do it? I dont want to poison my self with APAP so this is Harm Reduction. Cheers guys!

Start by crushing up the pills and weighing the powder, if you have a scale. If you don't have a scale then keep the box with the total amount of APAP and dhc. That's a lot of pills and powder so you're probably going to have to use 200+ml of water, you can eyeball it based on the amount of power but just be sure to measure the amount of water you're using, either in ml or fl.oz. With this much dhc im assuming you aren't taking one dose, which makes the measuring water part very important. Use as little water as possible because the more water you have the more APAP will be in your final solution.

After you measure the water you can go ahead and add your crushed pills to the water, stir the solution thoroughly for a few minutes but don't add any heat. At this point the dhc and some but not all APAP should be dissolved into the solution. Then place your solution in the fridge and let it sit in there until it's as cold as it will get, be sure to open the fridge and give it a quick stir at least a couple times.

Before you pull the solution out of the fridge pre wet two coffee filters and affix one of them to a suitable container using a rubber band or some improvised clamp. Pull your solution out of the fridge, you don't have to be lightning fast but don't let it warm back up. Give it one more quick stir and start carefully pouring the solution through the filter into your container. It's going to be pretty slow to filter so don't pour it all at once. Switch to the other filter if the first one fills up with junk.

Then when you're done filtering you should have a pile of APAP loaded gunk in the filters and a slightly cloudy dhc solution in the container. You can then portion out your doses by dividing the total amount of dhc in the pills by the quantity of water you measured. Your dihydrocodeine is in the water, everything left in the filter can be trashed (or set aside if you want to be extra anal).

If you absolutely want to make sure you did it right then take the weight of the pill powder you got at the beginning (if you used a scale) and compare it to the weight of the completely oven dried APAP gunk. Then you can make some rough calculations to see if you got most of the APAP out.

Sorry if this is long winded but I wanted to be thorough since you are dealing with enough APAP to potentially kill five people.

Last edited:
Start by crushing up the pills and weighing the powder, if you have a scale. If you don't have a scale then keep the box with the total amount of APAP and dhc. That's a lot of pills and powder so you're probably going to have to use 200+ml of water, you can eyeball it based on the amount of power but just be sure to measure the amount of water you're using, either in ml or fl.oz. With this much dhc im assuming you aren't taking one dose, which makes the measuring water part very important. Use as little water as possible because the more water you have the more APAP will be in your final solution.

After you measure the water you can go ahead and add your crushed pills to the water, stir the solution thoroughly for a few minutes but don't add any heat. At this point the dhc and some but not all APAP should be dissolved into the solution. Then place your solution in the fridge and let it sit in there until it's as cold as it will get, be sure to open the fridge and give it a quick stir at least a couple times.

Before you pull the solution out of the fridge pre wet two coffee filters and affix one of them to a suitable container using a rubber band or some improvised clamp. Pull your solution out of the fridge, you don't have to be lightning fast but don't let it warm back up. Give it one more quick stir and start carefully pouring the solution through the filter into your container. It's going to be pretty slow to filter so don't pour it all at once. Switch to the other filter if the first one fills up with junk.

Then when you're done filtering you should have a pile of APAP loaded gunk in the filters and a slightly cloudy dhc solution in the container. You can then portion out your doses by dividing the total amount of dhc in the pills by the quantity of water you measured. Your dihydrocodeine is in the water, everything left in the filter can be trashed (or set aside if you want to be extra anal).

If you absolutely want to make sure you did it right then take the weight of the pill powder you got at the beginning (if you used a scale) and compare it to the weight of the completely oven dried APAP gunk. Then you can make some rough calculations to see if you got most of the APAP out.

Sorry if this is long winded but I wanted to be thorough since you are dealing with enough APAP to potentially kill five people.

Thanks! What would I be left with if I evaporate the DHC solution? DHC in its powder form? That would be easier to divide into doses and put into capsules no?

Yeah you can evaporate it down to a powder. Just be sure to use very light heating when you get down to the last little bit of water so you don't burn the dhc.

I'm guessing a CWE isn't 100% efficient? I'm probably gonna end up with trace amounts of APAP in the final product aren't I?

Yeah, you are still going to end up with some APAP. The amount is negligible assuming you have performed the process correctly. After a quick search to refresh my memory is looks like solubility in water for APAP is going to be about 14g/L at room temp.

The chilled water is going to reduce that number even further but even assuming the 14g/L and that you performed the process with like 25% error, the max APAP you'd have in the final product would be about 4000mg. (Assuming you used 200ml of water)

Last edited:
Yeah I suppose 4000mg is an acceptable amount of APAP from CWE'd 64 pills. I wonder if theres a way to chemically extract the remaining APAP?

4000mg of APAP is probably on the high side of what's left but it's a safe assumption to make. There is probably a clever way to extract the APAP without tainting the final product too much but you'd have to talk to some of the members who're chemists.

Isn’t it better to CWE on something like the ibuprofen with codeine. Although they are expensive from memory.