• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cutting edge modafinil analogues - anyone tried them or care to speculate?

Vastness

Bluelight Crew
Flouraphinil
Fladraphinil
Clmodafinil
4-Clomodafinil
JJC8-016...

I'm sure there are few others, and possibly some of those are the same, at least the latter 3, not chemically literate especially so a little unsure. Anyway as a modafiil fan I am interested in these newer analogues and I would be very curious to hear if anyone has experience, or would care to comment on likely subjective differences...

Fladrafinil supposedly has "antiaggressive" effects - what is this likely to mean? I want to think it means it would be a bit more chilled out than regular -afinils

JJC8-016 I discovered from this interesting study - higher affinity for DAT than R-moda, yet sharing the same surprisingly slow tolerance curve and lack of obvious neurological adaptogenic effects. The study in question is looking at it for a potential treatment for cocaine addiction - although it is only in rats so far.

When I haven't taken Armoda for a while, it already feels pretty damn dopaminergic to me. So I am essentially reading this as... feels closer to cocaine, but longer lasting, and without any of the negative side effects of actual cocaine. :LOL:

Even if the truth is more tame, I think these are really a fascinating class of substances. Yes, they have been overhyped by the silicon valley social media crowd or whatever, and yes, they are not entirely benign, but it's still pretty shocking to me how benign these substances seem to be. They have to be the best trade off between undeniably perceptible effects, and long term effectiveness than any other compound I can think of right now (maybe dexamphetamine in controlled doses, apparently, but the liability for abuse here somewhat cancels out any advantages dexamph might have in this context I think).

Anyway, I digress, thanks in advance for reading and for any comments.

I never got much from modafinil, it kept me awake but I found zero recreational potential, personally. I was prescribed it for awhile, it was Provigil though, so maybe it was racemic, I'm not sure. I'm also interested in the analogues, especially the one you mention having a higher afinity for DAT. It would be really cool to have a recreational dopaminergic stimulant with very few side effects and a good duration. :)

There seems to be a lot of genetic variation to responses to modafinil - both to the wakefulness enhancing and mood-enhancing effects - which is not well understood. I actually have one of the gene alleles associated with non-responders, but I am most definitely a responder. You might want to give armodafinil/nuvigil a try, personally I find it subjectively more "dopaminergic" than moda itself, which I get some mood enhancement from but mainly just wakefulness.

Found a report on reddit about Fladrafinil (CRL-40-941) where a user who is apparently a non-responder to modafinil reports it to be very effective, so seems there is some hope for the analogues being effective for people in which the original forms are not!

All that said, I don't really use armodafinil "recreationally" ever, usually just to be able to work more effectively and concentrate for longer. The very long duration and also the fact that I want to keep it effective for as long as possible, plus the fact that there are a lot better recreational stimulants available currently if recreation is what I'm looking for, prevents me from doing so... but, if it weren't for these factors, I think it COULD be recreational.

Well since posting this I've been able to try Fladrafinil, from 2 different sources now, and it doesn't absolutely nothing for me, even in huge doses. I guess if it is some kind of prodrug like Adrafinil (which I've never tried) perhaps my body just lacks whatever enzyme is needed to convert it into something active.

Interesting. I'm definitely curious as to whether any of these have recreational potential, or if this family of drugs is a dead-end in that department.

Me too! ^ Had the opportunity to try flmodafinil recently, a substance that went through some trials as a superior version of modafinil in the 1960s I think but was abandoned before going to market. This was better that fladrafinil but still ultimately disappointing, there is far less physical stimulation, perhaps a more pure mental side but as a consequence it does just feel weaker and does not so strongly erase tiredness as it's sibling compounds. It does perhaps last a little shorter time, as it is said to do, and does, perhaps, interfere with sleep less. However, I noticed a disconcerting side effect with it on 2 occasions - about 6-8 hours in, after perhaps, it would have started to fade, I developed an escalating and surprising anxiety about some stuff going on in my life right now, and ended up countering it with a bunch of diazepam and some other stuff... at the time, I was a little taken aback by this but did not immediately attribute it to the substance. However this happened a second time with similar uncomfortable, anxiety arising after the fade, which itself, I will note, is not really perceptible. This time I had had an easier day, was in a good mood before, and was therefore more able to recall that this had happened similarly once before and thus calm myself down until it passed.

I have not really seen this effect reported elsewhere - but it was concering enough I am unlikely to do either substance again. Guess I'll have to wait for these more recent ones to pop up somewhere and stick with armodafinil for now.

Judging by the structure of JJC8-016, it looks like it could have significant activity at blocking the serotonin transporter, which seems to be confirmed by recent research on its binding affinities.

If this is to be a potential treatment for stimulant addiction, they might want to look for something that doesn't give people serotonin syndrome if they try to abuse it (which, lets face it, some patients inevitably will).

^ That's interesting, do you happen to know anything about how the binding affinities at the relevant serotonin transporters compare to regular modafinil?