• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Customs

hash cookies and airport customs

I'm in a contry where pot is realy cheap but I'm returning to australia soon. I'm not planning to bring some pot back I thought I might bakes a few hudred cookies and bring them back just for my own use. has anybody tried this or know if I can get busted by customes for having hash cookies. cause a dealer freind of mine got raided by the cops they found his pot saw a few hundred cookies. they confescated his pot but did'nt know what the cookies were.

well my guess is if they find them, they'll bust for them. Though your mate got raided and they didn't touch the cookies, they probably didn't know what they were. But at airports there are sniffer dogs and if they detect the scent, which they probably will, the chances are that they will figure out that what the cookies really are

That would be a really bad idea. The repercussions could be enormous, and for what? Saving a couple of hundred bucks on a bunch of mull cookies... Not worth it at all.

dimmo said:
I might add, on the way back from a holiday in Europe (specifically Holland), coming back via Malaysia on Malaysian Airlines, while waiting for my flight to Melbourne I noticed a massive increase in security (as well as sniffer dogs) around my gate (which must be a regular occurance in such a strict country especially relating to drugs). They were scanning bags sometimes twice, they also had a passport checker at the gate, to check for fakes etc.

I've been through KLIA (KL, Malaysia) many times, both to/from Melbourne and domestic flights. I've never seen sniffer dogs around, when did this happen? The increased security measures could be due to the OIC conference going on now...but although Malaysia has a K9 unit, it's not used much for religious reasons (Muslims consider dogs an unclean animal). Of course, I'm not saying that they aren't used, I was just wondering when they started using them in departure gates, any information would be appreciated.

Back on topic, can sniffer dogs detect traces of something like meth on a credit card in a wallet? That certainly gives pause...

P/S - The passport checkers are assholes whose sole job is to flip through your passport and look at your visa while grilling you like a criminal. ;) They always have one at the gate, it's a representative from Australia, not Malaysia. I know this because there was this time where a man got into an arguement with the passport checker because he did not appreciate the way the checker questioned him in a less than polite manner. The man flat out refused to answer any more questions and grabbed his passport back, which lead to security coming in and a heated discussion about whether the Australian representative has any jurisdiction on Malaysian soil, and it turns out that he didn't. ;) Don't quote me on this though, coz it's just a one off event I witnessed.

^
This was in July 2000.

I'm sure this would happen frequently, spot checks and/or tip offs perhaps heh, who knows.

They were quite fierce ;)

Depending on how badly they wanted to fuck you, I'd guess that if they found them then they could claim you were planning to sell them - 100 cookies might be seen as 100 individual easy to sell serves.

Weigh up the risks verses the benifits - all you can possibly gain is saving a few hundred bucks (at the very most), but you can potentially lose your freedom (and a buttload of money in fines /l egal expenses).

And your anal virginity ;)

Also, the country you are in might have harsher penalties than Aus, I know some countires would lock you up without trial for that. It's not worth the risk man, don't do it.

I'm assuming you're coming to Melbourne from Thailand? There are two obstacles you'll have to pass at Tullamarine - sniffer dogs at customs and baggage retrieval. The ones at customs are just a routine "lead the dogs through the queue" thing, but the one at baggage retreival can be rather gnarly...the handlers ask you to put any backpacks and luggages down and let the dogs at it...
Then there's the option of the Green (nothing to declare) or Red (something to declare) exit. I've brought in cakes (home baked) through the Red exit and got through, but that's a legitimate cake with no extras. I wouldn't risk it mate...especially since you're coming in from Thailand.

BigTrancer said:
^ Yeah, I was gonna mention something along that line - I don't think you can be charged with possession of traces of cocaine... but if they can't find anything in your luggage and they're sure you have something to hide, where are they gonna look next? ;)

BigTrancer :)

What if a sniffer dog found minute traces of meth in your wallet? Would that be grounds for a urine test in Melbourne?

Thanks dim_mak! That's a relief...here in Malaysia, anything is grounds for a urine test. There are regular raids on entertainment venues with on the spot urine tests...

The dogs will pick them from miles away, if you bring any marijuana products into the country you'll be fucked. IMO.

Customs genrally wont let you bring food/plant/animal products into the country either, and will make you dispose of them (even if they are legitimate products). There are obviously some exemptions, as sixthseal.com talked about with the homemade cake.

When you arrive, have a look before you reach customs, there are food bins everywhere telling you that you must dispose of all food products before going through customs.

yeah take heed. . .

Big stoner friends of mine were pulled over at the airport even when they didn't have a stash. They were searched and interogated for hours. Turns out that the dogs picked up the mull scent that hung in their clothes. Inagine how easily they would pick up the trail off a shitload of cookies. Eat em all before you go and enjoy the flight.

There aren't any exceptions to the best of my knowledge, the customs officer who manually checked my bag just did not find the home made cake in question. I did declare it on the form, but the customs officer just gave a cursory glance over several of my bags before letting me go. He did not see the cake...I would have gotten a fine if he had, because food products with eggs inside are not allowed IIRC.

The turnover is usually quick due to the number of people arriving at each flight and multiple flights arriving at the same time. It's particularly bad when uni semester is just about to start.
It's usually the people who bring heaps of food stuff in who gets really thoroughly checked from what I've seen.

I don't believe hash cookies will ever get through the two dog sniffer points though...

just post them to yourself with a big note saying "happy birthday from grandma" ;)

^ That's always a good idea, because that way your package is delivered in what's called a "controlled delivery" by federal police. No worries about the parcel going missing in the mail, they take extra special care of it so that you can be busted with it in your possession.

I think I have told this story before but my memory has been playing up of late...........no idea why.

In December 2001 I was transiting through Denver airport and as I went through the screening station one of the security guards pulled a small round cotton pad out of a sealed package and wiped the underside of my breifcase handle.

This pad was then placed into some sort of electronic device about the size of a PC monitor, the process only taking about a minute and I was free to go. I presume they were either checking for traces of drugs or explosives.

Interesting posts..
Just curious, what would be the risk factor involved with drugs such as LSD which are odourless.. is there anyway of checking for this?