• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Cursing

I can turn it off, for work, family, and fancy dress parties, but my default is hyper blue streak

7ft697C.gif

I swear when trying to get a point across.

I use it more as a tool than an emotional outlet. But do use it as both.

I feel the same way, madness. I mostly swear for emphasis (especially "fuck"), but also sometimes if I'm really mad.

Fuck is the most versatile word in the English language, I think.

I swear/curse terribly. I'm like you though, in public with other people I can curb it.

Cursing? Do I fuck. How fucking dare you.

Yeah, I'm big on swear words, but obviously I'm aware of whether or not it's appropriate for a given situation.

IME the people who try to deter you from swearing via whatever social cue they choose to be quite regressive, often in quite a controlling manner, or quite simply just, you know, wet blankets who don't even know why they think it's bad.

At the end of the day, the majority of these words are somewhat relating to sex or human genitalia, and it just tends to show that people have some kind of an outdated attitude towards sex or body parts, which can be incredibly damaging. It also tends to come alongside the attitude of "it's just wrong" ALA why you shouldn't do drugs or anything else pleasurable or hedonistic.

I try not to curse but it's a bad habit I've never been able to stop. If it helps you feel better about it there have been studies done and they say people that curse a lot are found to be more honest than those that don't.

I swear all time time, every sentence has swear words in it and I can't help it

I'm immune to realising I'm swearing to the point once a radio station asked for one of my mixes to play and said make sure there's no swear words in it

I sent them one not realising it had a track called "attention whore" in it and a track called "sex slave" and stuff fucksake

It had other swearing in it too, whoops he didn't know till he played it live on air lol

My ex said to me "I work on a building site and none of the builders swaer as much as you"

My neighbour is always telling me to stop swearing I can't help it

“Profanity is the common crutch of the conversational cripple.” - David Keuck

“Vulgarity is like a fine wine: it should only be uncorked on a special occasion, and then only shared with the right group of people.” - James Rozof

“Profanity is the common crutch of the conversational cripple.” - David Keuck

"Using pretentious alliteration in a judgemental statement makes you sound like an unbearably stuffy cockstain." -Stark

Alliteration? An author affliction and awful addiction, avoiding any actual artistic achievement.

I think that too much cursing makes people sound retarded, like they're actually have sub-human IQ. However, if you have rich stash of words and use lots of different words smartly it can be ok. If you spew out sentences like "Fuck man this fucking thing is fucking annoying shit fuck" you sound terrible

I try not to curse around other people but I tend to talk to myself often, sometimes without really noticing, and I could probably pick up a charge for some of the stuff that comes out.

A lot of F-bombs, N-bombs, inappropriate gay slang, etc.

I'm trying to stop doing this cause theres been times when people who walk by, (or perhaps stalk) my house can hear it.

Anyway, most often, I find swearing immature and unnecessary outside of "locker room" type situations or heated arguments.

People tell me its trashy.