• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Currently on Clonazepam.. Thinking of a change.

Hey I gotta an off-on-a-slight-tangent-type question, which is this; does clonazepam have the potential to actually cause agitation in some people who take it?

I ask because after years of being on diazepam, breaking from it every now and again with oxazepam, my psychiatrist has decided to give clonazepam a go. When I told my dad about this he said to be cautious. He is a professor of psychology and specializes in Asperger's Syndrome. He said he has seen some of his patients experience an almost inverted effect when taking clonazepam - they get agitated and restless. Bear in mind these are people who have Asperger's...

But since Asperger's is just a blip on a spectrum, my common sense tells me if dad's theory were true, others would have experienced this, Asperger's or not. Any insights appreciated.

I have Asperger's and there was definitely a time when I was so depressed that my use (which spiralled into abuse) of benzodiazepines did have some unintended consequences. When you suffer from poor social skills and come to the realization that a high dose if benzos can remove your otherwise crippling social inhibitions, the end result may be highly inappropriate behavior - after all I'd given up on life, and since every possible course of action had seemed equally scary, I was basically free to say or do whatever.

But no, I didn't see a difference between Diazepam and Clonazepam, both of which I abused during my darkest days.

Ive had chronic anxiety and Agorphobia ever since I was 20 years old.. I'm 27 right now.
I got the chronic anxiety from me stealing $100,000s of dollars and jewlery from my parents,

Not the stealing $ and jewelry from the parents, but...
WTF

Jesus Christ!

Come on people! I didn't make this thread for other members to argue against each other.

Everyone has their own opinion on everything that has no right or wrong answer.

Mods please close this thread, it's done with.

like I said in my previous post I'm sticking with my beloved Klonopin.

cant wait to get the 2mg tablets, woooo! :D

I'd recommend starting alprazolam.. they are the best benzos there is. However watch out for the addictive potential. They have a low half life so an addiction would require you taking 4mgs a day just to not feel effects of withdrawal...

After 20 some years I am wondering if the klonopin and opiates ( all prescription) have give me a spacy mind or the beginnings of dementia. But at this time I will be damned if I will go thru withdrawal. I am too old and worn out.

I actually had a meeting (no appt, my appt is on Monday) with my Psychiatrist today.
We were emailing each other, through convo but we both agreed to meet in person to talk at his office.

Im actually going with a change of heart, I've had Ativan scripted to me a while ago when I got oral surgery, along with 15mg Roxy's both for pain.

Ive also had Ativan a few times IVd in the hospital. Very relaxing benzo.

So as we were chatting, he mentioned that he likes Ativan, it's a mid life and strength benzo.
it has a above average half life of about 18 hours, and the potency is there, 2mg of Ativan is equivalent to 1mg of Xanax/Klonopin.

So I decided on what I wanted to change to, and I decided to go with Ativan.
He won't do 2mg 4x daily, because 6mg is the highest dose recommended for Ativan, which I agreed upon.
BUT. I get to keep part of my Klonopin script.

So so here's what I'll have a Rx for starting Monday..

Clonazepam 0.5mg 2x daily
Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily

Which I think is fucking AWESOME.

I actually had a meeting (no appt, my appt is on Monday) with my Psychiatrist today.
We were emailing each other, through convo but we both agreed to meet in person to talk at his office.

Im actually going with a change of heart, I've had Ativan scripted to me a while ago when I got oral surgery, along with 15mg Roxy's both for pain.

Ive also had Ativan a few times IVd in the hospital. Very relaxing benzo.

So as we were chatting, he mentioned that he likes Ativan, it's a mid life and strength benzo.
it has a above average half life of about 18 hours, and the potency is there, 2mg of Ativan is equivalent to 1mg of Xanax/Klonopin.

So I decided on what I wanted to change to, and I decided to go with Ativan.
He won't do 2mg 4x daily, because 6mg is the highest dose recommended for Ativan, which I agreed upon.
BUT. I get to keep part of my Klonopin script.

So so here's what I'll have a Rx for starting Monday..

Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily

Which I think is fucking AWESOME.

^Two benzos at once? Not bad.

All in all I prefer the effects of Clonazepam to the effects of Lorazepam, but I would take a 1mg/day Kpin + 6mg Ativan script over a 3mg Kpin script any day.

Klonopin/Clonazepam is still my favorite benzo, and that will never change.

Lorazepam to me, is the most relaxing of all benzos.

ANOTHER reason why I went to the Lorazepam route, is because I've had Chronic nausea for over 10 years.
Lorazepam is the absolute BEST medication for nausea.

My nausea gets SO BAD,mI end up in the ER.

This is why I have both Promethazine and Hydroxyzine scripted to me.
I take both at 25mg 4x daily, and ever since I got put on those meds, my nausea went away.

Another reason why I went with Lorazepam is because it's a complete benzo.
It's the only benzo or one of the few that produces all uses of what you need in a benzo. Anxiety, Panic attacks, Insomnia, muscle relaxation, epilepsy, detoxification, irritable bowel syndrome, agitation caused by alcohol withdrawal, and nausea and vomiting from cancer treatments.

The half life is GREAT, right in the middle of the pack 18-20 hours. It also kicks in almost instantly, just like Alprazolam.

My favorite part, is taking them sublingually. The relief you get within SECONDS of dosing is awesome.

So I'll be taking both of my .5mg Klonopins in the morning, along with a dose of my Lorazepam at 2mg.
2mg in the Morning, 2mg mid day, and 2mg a couple hours before bedtime.

I love it!

Last question...

Diazepam 10mg 2x daily
+ Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily
OR
+ Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily

?

I honestly love Diazepam also, but I think I'd have a hard time and would regret it if I stop Clonazepam for good.
As you guys already know my favorite overall benzo is Clonazepam.

10mg Diazepam = 0.5mg Clonazepam

so they're def equivalent in doses.

The ONLY reason why I'm pretty interested in the Diazepam + Lorazepam combo is because I'll have 2 benzos at the highest strength they come in. Diazepam's highest strength in a single tablet is 10mg.
Lorazepam's highest strength in a single tablet is of course 2mg.

Idk, it just seems cool to have 2 benzos scripted to me with the highest dosage possible.

BUT,
im still 95% sure I'd be going with the Clonazepam + Lorazepam combo.

My appt is tomorrow! Woohoo ! :D

Lorazepam's highest strength is 2.5mg, at least in germany.
I would take the diazepam+lorazepam, but that's just my opinion :)
Any way you could get diazepam +clonazepam?

Methacodone said:
Lorazepam to me, is the most relaxing of all benzos.

That is strange..Ativan and Librium are the only benzos which have made me feel even more anxious and agitated. Out of the benzos mentioned in this thread I consider a mid-high dose of Valium to be the most relaxing but prefer a low dose of Clonazepam for everyday anxiety.

I have Asperger's and there was definitely a time when I was so depressed that my use (which spiralled into abuse) of benzodiazepines did have some unintended consequences. When you suffer from poor social skills and come to the realization that a high dose if benzos can remove your otherwise crippling social inhibitions, the end result may be highly inappropriate behavior - after all I'd given up on life, and since every possible course of action had seemed equally scary, I was basically free to say or do whatever.

But no, I didn't see a difference between Diazepam and Clonazepam, both of which I abused during my darkest days.

Thanks Hodor, I appreciate your help. take care :)

Well,
I didn't get any of the 2 I mentioned above.

I got something better, IMO.

I now have scripts for--

1mg Clonazepam 2x daily
+ 2mg Lorazepam 2x daily

I couldn't have POSSIBLY have asked for a better script.. Wwoooop