• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Curious. What’s everyone’s day to day with drugs?

Curious to see people’s honest average day with using drugs.

What’s your drug of choice?
How long have you been using?
How to be functional but using daily?
What’s your dosage?
ROA?
Experienced Overdoses?
Noticable physical and mental changes. Both negative and positive?

Currently I take 80mg methadone daily, have been for 3 years. Easy to be functional cause it's cheap and I'm prescribed it, I take it the way you're supposed to, never overdosed, only changes are substantial improvement in life functioning.

Before methadone 3 years ago I was taking about a gram of heroin a day IV. Had been since my late teens. There's no being functional with the kinda habit I had, my every day was just about getting money for more heroin, all day every day. You could argue I had 1 accidental overdose that wasn't high enough to be life threatening, plus one suicide attempt. No life threatening accidental overdoses requiring hospitalization though.

Have you ever tried LSD? I'm just curious because I narrowly avoided a life long dependence on (legally prescribed most likely) amphetamine, which I personally attribute to taking (a large amount) of LSD at the age of 19.

(I was diagnosed with ADHD and live in a pretty relaxed area in terms of stimulant prescription)

Psychedelics sort of just to showed up randomly, I tried mushrooms and I liked them but they weren't quite what I was looking for. 2C-E and 2C-I were much more my speed but it were also unfortunately disappearing because of new scheduling legally.

But then acid popped up (also quite randomly, this is always the frustration) and begain to assist me in functioning and being able to give a shit about things in a similar way to amphetamine but without the physically and mentally exhausting aspects.

The only downside is the almost unavoidable belief in spirituality, quantum physics/relativity, buried history and propaganda/ understanding perception management/ ritualistic behavior and superstition, which is really just more of a weird side effect.

It's almost fun though, sort of like amphetamine psychosis, but less bizarre and aggressive.

Just weird and "pagan" almost. You wanna start worshiping yourself and the elements more than abstract ideals about achievement and dominance.

I still take amphetamine type stimulants like adderall, dexedrine and MDA but they're more a treat for party times, or for deeply therapeutic and personal artistic projects.

I could just feel tobacco and amphetamine prematurely burning away my life force when I relied more on stimulants to get through the day.

Anyways sorry to project a personal reflection at you through the context of a question, but that's sometimes just sort of how shit goes!

[I realize if you are on anti psychotics there is more than a chance you might not benefit from psychedelics but I also known anti psychotics are increasingly given for more and more general issues like sleep disorders]
No, I've never tried LSD, just mushrooms, and I love them. I have no way of finding anything like that in my little town.

Curious to see people’s honest average day with using drugs.

What’s your drug of choice?
How long have you been using?
How to be functional but using daily?
What’s your dosage?
ROA?
Experienced Overdoses?
Noticable physical and mental changes. Both negative and positive?
Drug of choice? MS Contin, but any industrial strength opiate/opioid will do since i haven't been able to get any morphine in over a year.

How long have I been using? Daily for around 13yrs.

How to be functional while using daily? At the moment, I've rationed myself down to 5mg of percocet a night. I take it with ZzzQuil and melatonin gummies to keep the withdrawals at bay. Once a month I'll treat myself to helping of 200mg of oxycontin, usually during that time of the month.

My dosage? Currently, 5mg perc nightly and 200mg of oxycontin monthly.

ROA? I usually just take pills orally, but I'm no stranger to plugging either. I refuse to use needles. Snorting or smoking them is a waste though.

Overdoses? Not so far.

Noticeable physical and mental changes? I think my attention span has declined and I might have experienced hearing loss (but that could be due to working in a loud bar every Friday since '07). Constipation can be a bitch too.

This is funny because depending on when you ask this in my life it drastically changes

Now
120 mg of methadone daily
Caffeine
Nicotine
Occasional heroin usage (1-2 days a week)

4 mg Suboxone daily

3 grams heroin IV daily

100-200 mg amphetamine sulphate nightly

150-200 mg Oxycodone daily

haha

No, I've never tried LSD, just mushrooms, and I love them. I have no way of finding anything like that in my little town.
Mushrooms are by no means bad!

Tryptamine type psychedelics just don't seem to "hit the spot" like Mescaline, LSD, and 2C-E are able to.

Those sorts of phenethylamine/lysergamide psychedelics have a stimulant/euphoriant aspect to them.

My day to day with drugs goes like this:

I want lots of drugs.

I don't get lots of drugs.

I drink booze instead (and top up with drugs where possible).
The older I get the more this is depressingly relatable.

But with more pot because America.

I do feel I have been taught to lean on alcohol just via cultural osmosis so to speak. It seems to be every fucking where you go, no one knows how to engage one another without it for the most part.

I'm not even hating, I actually quite like alcohol. I'm just observing the reliance on it at large in the united states, I know the UK is a huge drinking culture as well

Check my blood pressure every day now.

little sad of a post to make but hey

and I still do whatever sometimes, always fucking up

Lifetime abuse of all drugs and drink. 27 years since the 1st time I smoked weed. 22 years since the 1st time I did heroin.

Had good clean time here and there over my life.

Fucked up bad from 2016-2020 and was super deep into alcohol, benzos, and opiates. Cleaning up now, though.

Weaning off methadone. At 20mg
Have a 1mg xanax dependency. Tapering down. Will switch to valium soon.
Smoke bud (every day forever and ever)

Thats all. The end result will be bud and mushrooms only. Maybe the occasional benzo, but unlikely. I can never keep them under control.

Alcohol fucked me up the worst. Don't even want to drink, was just running from a withdrawal for a few years. But literally had no idea how bad alcohol withdrawal can get. Won't ever touch it again since alcohol sucks anyway.

Heroin got me pretty good. Beat it more times than I can count. But alcohol always led me back. Opiates by themselves hold no power over me.

Ate lots of rolls and acid when I was younger. Once any last part of the party scene was done, so was I (like 2002/2003).

Have still enjoyed mushrooms over the years on occasion.

Certainly have some liver issues from drinking. High enzymes and shit. But that is it really for health issues. Only about 3 weeks off drinking, so still detoxing really.

Have had a few OD's playing with dope. Lived. Won't happen again.

Well, I managed to resist the powerful draw of the heroin path in the heights of my MDMA abuse neurosis, but I never was cut for that side of life/society/company.

No judgement.

375ug LSD overnight though, again lol! Loads of kava. Lots weed too.

Check my blood pressure every day now.

Whats your BP at now these days after some time to relax, and those meds they gave you? It is a BP script? Or just for temporary?

If you were smoking bud the other day, you probably feel better I would assume?

Whats your BP at now these days after some time to relax, and those meds they gave you? It is a BP script? Or just for temporary?

If you were smoking bud the other day, you probably feel better I would assume?
I smoked a bit tonight a house guest for the weekend just so happens to smoke of course (for FUCK sake!)I was over 3 weeks til a few hours ago.

yesterday morning I was 169/116 or something and then 151/110 and heart rate around 110-120 both times. It’s a BP Med yes not sure how temporary.

So 375ug has become 475ug in last hour. Just for record lol! Lovely, smooth trip though all the way. Good kava really takes the edge off of acid, without diminishing effects, but incrrasing them beautifull8y.

Very like a natural form of Candyflipping is Kava with Acid for me.

I ALWAYS candyflipped, no second thoughts, whenever both were awailable.

But Kava works on MOI and raises all brain chemicals and neurotransmitters, so there is a similar synergy I swear.

Nice heavy but fully relaxed, melty, beautiful trip so far. Strong black tea now. Only the amazing spark of high dose lsd grants me physical consciosness right now. Hence nice strong blact tea, bit more energy to flow with the freedom and beauty of LSD!

Lol- this is the Day to day thread right(?).

Well, if so, I get muddled frequently- this IS day to day, at times, for this crazy psychonaut lol!

Wooh, trails off my keyboarding. Nice!

I haven't ruled out MORE acid this British 10 am Sunday morning over this day. We shall see. Just sailing high kite atm, but so firmly grounded also.

I think I am off my head though if I stop to smell the roses haha!

Drug of choice is tramadol (weird, isn't it?), 2 years taking it, in the day I'm fine with a low dose at night I like to take it until I nodding off, doses between 1000-2000 mg. (CAUTION: This dangerous as shit), Oral ROA, no overdose or anything strange, positive changes: my depression completely disappeared, my eating disorder too, anxiety disorder almost fully gone, I can communicate with others without problems, I have the energy of a race horse, etc. Negatives: I wish withdrawing was not so complicated, rebound effect of depression, I have lost a lot of money, my family hardly trusts me, I have stopped exercising, always thinking in in getting more trams.

Mostly I just drink alcohol no less than two pints of beer and no more than 12 shots of liquor. Smoke weed a little, opiates and benzos maybe once or twice a month.