• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Curious about Fentanyl patches....

highhopesforever

Greenlighter
Hello, Bluelighters. I am curious about Fentanyl Patches. Recently I came across a 25 mcg/h patch and have been in pain, so I have been contemplating using it. However, I worry about the few complications they pose when using them, especially for people who are not opioid tolerant. Now back in the beginning of November 2015, I got clean after using Oxy's for almost a year. My tolerance was pretty high at that point and I would usually take an 80 everyday, sometimes a little bit more in intervals. Since then, I am unsure as to where my tolerance is. All I can say is that when I got a script for Vicodins 5 mg, it took about 4 or 5 of them to get a decent buzz. This was in the beginning of December when I went to the dentist to have my tooth pulled. So with that being said, would it be safe for me to try this patch? I intend to use it exactly how it is supposed to be used, by putting the patch on my skin. I am not looking to abuse them or use it wrongfully. Any input and/or personal experiences is much appreciated! Thanks!!!%)

Honestly, I never found the 25mc patches to do much for me. Granted, I never tried to do anything besides slap them on and wait. Some guys I knew would heat them with blower driers to release the fent faster, others would open up the old patches and remove the gel and smoke it. Fent always scared me too much to try any of that.

I would say go ahead and try slapping it on based on your existing opiod tolerance.

For safety's sake, if you start to nod remove the patch. If you are going to sleep, remove it.

They dry out pretty quick once removed, but you can use tape to re-apply them if you want.

Was wondering if you could help I have a pretty high oxy tolerance . Usually 100-200mg per day during the week and sometimes touching 300mg on weekend days , ran out 2 days ago and feeling very bad , friend offered to give me one of his 100mcg fentanyl patch given my oxy tolerance in your opinion you think I'll be ok using this ?

Hello, Bluelighters. I am curious about Fentanyl Patches. Recently I came across a 25 mcg/h patch and have been in pain, so I have been contemplating using it. However, I worry about the few complications they pose when using them, especially for people who are not opioid tolerant. Now back in the beginning of November 2015, I got clean after using Oxy's for almost a year. My tolerance was pretty high at that point and I would usually take an 80 everyday, sometimes a little bit more in intervals. Since then, I am unsure as to where my tolerance is. All I can say is that when I got a script for Vicodins 5 mg, it took about 4 or 5 of them to get a decent buzz. This was in the beginning of December when I went to the dentist to have my tooth pulled. So with that being said, would it be safe for me to try this patch? I intend to use it exactly how it is supposed to be used, by putting the patch on my skin. I am not looking to abuse them or use it wrongfully. Any input and/or personal experiences is much appreciated! Thanks!!!%)

if these are mylan patches that don't contain any gel then you can cut them in half if you just want to test the waters first.

Was wondering if you could help I have a pretty high oxy tolerance . Usually 100-200mg per day during the week and sometimes touching 300mg on weekend days , ran out 2 days ago and feeling very bad , friend offered to give me one of his 100mcg fentanyl patch given my oxy tolerance in your opinion you think I'll be ok using this ?

That's a pretty high dose of fentanyl per hour - hopefully more people with patch experience chime in here. I'd say go ahead and try it, with the same warning to remove it if you start getting too sedated.

Honestly, I'd go to your doctor and ask for a script for gabapentin - it'll really help your withdrawal symptoms at your level of use, is a non-opiod, is pretty safe, and really isn't addictive (in my experience) on it's own.

I kicked a 300mg/day oxy habit using 2000-2400mg of gabapentin a day along with a small amount of loperamide (8-10mg)- I remember being dumbfounded at how good I felt during the initial withdrawal period.

Good luck man, either way hope you're out of pain soon.

Unfortunately, they are the gel type. I was thinking of that suggestion, but they are gel. I feel that I may be playing with fire, but I am so tempted!

yes you can handle it. if your intention is to get high then shave the area above yer heart to the point that it is also most bleeding as this opens your pores, apply with HARD pressure for a minute. to get things going quicker a hair dryer on high for about 10-20 seconds will work. i use johnson and johnson adhesive tape to keep them on. note heating fentanyl patches is dangerous and i almost dies doing this with a 75mcg patch! you should feel something in 1-3 hours. but dont come back say "pillman told me to do this and i went to the hospital and had to get narcan which didnt work and almost died" sorry im just having a bad day follow mine and the above posters advice and you should have a fun 2 days.