• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin CT Heroin From an 8-ball a Day. Blinding Headaches and Other Odd Symptoms.

Get on a heavy methadone dose. I know this sounds like shit but methadone saved my life a few years ago. I eventually cold turkey the methadone. I am no longer an opiate addict.

Dang i didn't know you were on methadone or even a former opioid user. I thought you were a blinded by the light type (an IV meth user -- i just made up the blinded by the light metaphor but i like it).

Damn, the dope down there was never that good. Then again never did 3+ grams in a day. Also smoked. Was certainly enough to get me addicted again, though.

I would do a quick methadone taper. The clinic system down there sucks and they are all spread out. So it does suck. Just get on and off. Even subs may work which would be much more convenient.

And in the meantime get checked out by the doctor.

2020 has given me some strange withdrawal symptoms. Convinced I had covid and it comes back from time to time. Could easily be stress / anxiety as well just from the pandemic. I would definitely see the doctor just to play safe.

Get on a heavy methadone dose. I know this sounds like shit but methadone saved my life a few years ago. I eventually cold turkey the methadone. I am no longer an opiate addict.
My current situation will not allow that. I literally only have this one option. Unless I could find some bupe (which I dont think shows up on a urinalysis test, but it's been years since I was on bupe so idk if they test for that now) I have to deal with this at least until Thursday.

I figure if I can make it til Thursday then I could make it til Friday and so on so forth til I get over this shit. During these next few days I have to go to a lab class on Monday and Wednesday and attend online school and do homework.

I believe in myself, I can do this. Over the next few days I will be posting how I am doing and my symptoms. Any advice in how to deal with my issues as they arise will be appreciated!

Last shot: 0.130g at 10:45pm
Have taken my last 1mg xanax for the night and have taken 1 40mg propanolol to test out how I feel on it before taking it during WD. I feel a bit more tired and a little relaxed so that's a good thing, I think it might help during the evenings and early mornings.

I have to get up early tomorrow to attend a 2hr lecture and then go to a lab at 4pm-6pm (about 16hrs from now).

Popping xanax and drinking beer is how I got through too many opiate withdrawals. It always had terrible consequences. Once thing I will say is don't do something like take 3-4mg for 2-3 weeks and then drop to nothing or even back to 1mg. It can be ruthless.

There is phenibut. It definitely helps. Even a small amount may help your mood. Never tried a high dose in opiate withdrawal.

L-theanine as mentioned, very underrated.

In regards to testing. Methadone won't show in a 5 panel. Will in a 10 panel. Also 5 panels where they can check extra boxes.

Bupe is a bit more harder to find. Need a 12 panel. But quite certain that a 10 panel has a few extras. If they are looking for opiates likely H, methadone, and bupe will be checked for.

What I wanted to say is that if this is court related drug tests, you would be shocked that being on methadone is OK in most cases. Going on methadone kept me out of prison (and put me into a different prison). Should of told them to fuck off and took my year. But when you are a teenager and spent the last 2 years rotating between active addiction and dope kicks in county, you will do anything to not go back.

But if you have benzos. With some lope, and weed. Maybe some clonidine as well. It can be done.

@TheInvisibleStoner no it's not a court related thing. It is just my GP who gives me my adderall and xanax scripts. He is very anti-drug oddly enough, especially opiates. If I were to test positive then he would take me off of my scripts immediately, which is something I really do not want happening.

*To the Mods, I don't want this to seem like a "how do I pass my UA?" thread, so I apologize for some of this content and feel free to edit or have me edit as needed. Thank you.*

The closest thing to clonidine I have is the propanolol so I will have to work with that, even though they are 2 completely different kinds of drugs, I hope that it helps with my BP enough to make me feel a bit better.

Do you think that getting out of bed and trying to move around is beneficial or should I just try to rest? I have noticed that after a certain amount of time in bed I start getting pain from laying down. But when I stand up it's hard to move around without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I wanna find a way to be productive during the acute WD if possible. What has your experience been?

As the title states. I am attempting to CT a heroin addiction that I got myself into after being clean from it for years.

I started again back in August of 2020 and need to get clean ASAP. I use anywhere from 1g to 3g or more a day. I can get by without WD symptoms with about 1.5g-2g a day though.

Everytime I try to quit I get this terrible pain at the base of my skull. It's always on the right side where my neck meets my occipital bone. It spreads over the course of a few hours up to my ear (where my skull is behind my ear) and then travels to temple and eventually my jaw.

The pain is excruciating, the whole right side of my head and jaw feel like they are on fire while being slowly crushed by an immense amount of pressure. I dont know how else to describe it.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this pain so I can get through my CT? I cannot take bupe or methadone, it is not an option at all. I just need to ride this out. Any other suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds
Reminds me of a woman I knew with Trigeminal Neuralgia or something like that... I do wonder why bupe is not an option, but good luck Deeds!

Popping xanax and drinking beer is how I got through too many opiate withdrawals. It always had terrible consequences. Once thing I will say is don't do something like take 3-4mg for 2-3 weeks and then drop to nothing or even back to 1mg. It can be ruthless.

There is phenibut. It definitely helps. Even a small amount may help your mood. Never tried a high dose in opiate withdrawal.

L-theanine as mentioned, very underrated.

In regards to testing. Methadone won't show in a 5 panel. Will in a 10 panel. Also 5 panels where they can check extra boxes.

Bupe is a bit more harder to find. Need a 12 panel. But quite certain that a 10 panel has a few extras. If they are looking for opiates likely H, methadone, and bupe will be checked for.

What I wanted to say is that if this is court related drug tests, you would be shocked that being on methadone is OK in most cases. Going on methadone kept me out of prison (and put me into a different prison). Should of told them to fuck off and took my year. But when you are a teenager and spent the last 2 years rotating between active addiction and dope kicks in county, you will do anything to not go back.

But if you have benzos. With some lope, and weed. Maybe some clonidine as well. It can be done.
Yeah, with a dozen klonopins broken into 0.5 pieces should enable a nice 4 day WD. You'll barely remember it thats for sure!

@Sertürner Its rough.

When I was younger I would be exercising much sooner in withdrawal. However my withdrawals were never that bad. These days, my withdrawals are so bad (mainly since I bricked my brain with booze and benzos and the shit never goes away) that I don't exercise especially if I am feeling dizzy / feint. Very scared I am going to pass out. Also headache scares me since feel like on the edge of a stroke or something. So if you are as bad as you say. Light walking at most for now if you can. I don't think it makes much difference, though. Once you are over the hump (dry heaving is gone and you are taking down lots of food) is the best time to exercise. Around 5 days clean or so.

But be careful with all those meds + withdrawal + any kind of vigorous exercise. If your BP isn't right, I wouldn't attempt anything but light walking (which is helpful for sure).

Thought @Skippwiggins or @negrogesic could probably give you better exercise advice in opiate withdrawal as they both kicked heavy opiates and exercise through it I believe.

Last edited:
12:04pm
Cold sweats starting and some stomach cramps.
Took 15g of black strain kratom because that's the only kind I have left besides a kilo of chopped (not finely ground) leaf. It tastes terrible from the triple fermentation it went under.
Took 15mg adderall and had some coffee and about to take 40mg propanolol to see if any physical WD symptoms will subside.

**edit** it is 7:51pm and I am about to cave a do a shot. I truly dont know how long I can keep feeling like this.

Last edited:
Dude, don't take addies. Or caffeine. Fuck. I mean, unless they work for you I guess. Save 'em for PAWS when you got no energy. They're a lifesaver then. But not in acute phase, hell naw. Just my 2 cents.

As far as Kratom, I like the slow varieties from the hungry hungry [large aquatic african animal] website. The yellow sleepy variety was great for sleep. Some other yellows were extremely mellow too. Even just getting 2 solid hours and then redosing and getting another 3 or so- worth it in the early phase.

I know it does you no good now though. If nothing else, get a bottle of vodka and get shitfaced. Some might say terrible advice, but one time I can vouch.

I remember I hadn't slept in 5 days, and was pissed off and angry at all the "72 hours is the peak" bullshit on the internet. I could barely move- it took so much effort to walk a block away to CVS to get some food and drinks. I felt like I was bear grylls about to die in the desert. My legs were heavy, movement was difficult, it took energy from a place that was empty. I saw some random person outside his apartment and almost asked him if had anything I could buy. That horrid nerve-ending unpleasant warm tingle feeling throughout my whole body- I hated that perhaps the most. Finding the most comfortable, perfect sleeping position, only to be compulsed to writhe and adjust.

Anyway. I didn't read the whole thread. Just wanna say I empathize. It fuckin sucks. I went to convenient care and was like "it's been 4 days, it's not getting better, I literaly haven't slept, is there anything you can do?" Nope. They looked at me like I had asked them to cure cancer on the spot. The way in which they just immediately wrote me off and had no desire or knowledge to cut me a script for even something like clonidine or baclofen for christ sakes- something non addictive and not prized among addicts- anything. Nope, it was "fuck off and have a nice day." Oh but the fucking bitch told me to go to the ER instead. Thanks. Glad I used my last drop of resolve to drive the fuck over to convenient care thinking I had engaged a genius plan to find relief. I didn't go to the ER. Fuck that.

This might sound dumb, but one thing that helped was watching the "I shouldn't be alive" episodes on youtube. I dunno, but they were like super profound, and I was right there with those people in the show- I was pretending I was them, near death, hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Not a lot was tolerable to watch, but for some reason that show had me hooked and helped quite a bit.

@TheInvisibleStoner no it's not a court related thing. It is just my GP who gives me my adderall and xanax scripts. He is very anti-drug oddly enough, especially opiates. If I were to test positive then he would take me off of my scripts immediately, which is something I really do not want happening.

*To the Mods, I don't want this to seem like a "how do I pass my UA?" thread, so I apologize for some of this content and feel free to edit or have me edit as needed. Thank you.*

The closest thing to clonidine I have is the propanolol so I will have to work with that, even though they are 2 completely different kinds of drugs, I hope that it helps with my BP enough to make me feel a bit better.

Do you think that getting out of bed and trying to move around is beneficial or should I just try to rest? I have noticed that after a certain amount of time in bed I start getting pain from laying down. But when I stand up it's hard to move around without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I wanna find a way to be productive during the acute WD if possible. What has your experience been?

This is very tricky and i would rarely recommend it but if you absolutely need to be functional and if you have some degree of self-control you could potentially do a tianeptine taper. It does not show up on urinalysis and is readily available online (in most places). Playing with fire though. Ive done it a few times out of desperation.

Actually the course i took was a tianeptine taper followed by a kratom taper and then nothing. Ive used the protocol to get off of harder opioids. The tricky part is not getting hooked on tianeptine. To avoid this tianeptine sulfate might be the better than tianeptine sodium. It is hard to use tianeptine sodium without becoming addicted to it. Tianeptine sulfate at 250mg TID should help, decreasing 20% a day then at say ~80mg TID jumping to red veined kratom 5g every 5 hours and eventually stopping. It can be cold turkey'ed relatively easily when youre ready.

This is a last resort and I would only recommend it in unusual circumstances.