• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal..... Did not expect this!!

HeadOnStraight

Greenlighter
Howdy,

I have tried Tina a few times, I like to do it when I get together with other guys (I am gay).

I always say how the drug isn't what I thought. I really don't have any incredible "urges" to do it like I was told by the media and school. I go to work (at a highly professional company) week in and week out with a clear head and partake whenever it is offered to me, I never my own. I usually wait a month or so in between sessions, but recently have done it back to back Fridays, and still, cannot quite figure out this drug.

Other than being very horny and "focused," I don't even feel that high. Sometimes I feel some buzzing in my head and a little increased heart rate, but not much of a body high. I describe it as very clean and subtle, totally not what I expected with all of those crazy "facts" in the media. I find myself more attracted to the "hot times" while smoking other than the actual drug. I just simply cannot see how he could become addicted.

What can you tell me? Have I just not had that great of stuff? I have done it 5 times all with different people, and says no way it could be the same identical stuff. Have others experienced this same type of thing? Please let me know what you think, I am very curious and debating even continuing with it, since all it really seems to do it keep me up all night.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Increased sex drive, increased focus, and inability to sleep are the typical effects you'd get from using methamphetamine, it's not like you turn into a meth head after the first hit.

He just simply cannot see how he could become addicted. [...] he is very curious and is debating even continuing with it

That's how people get addicted to methamphetamine - they figure that the side effects aren't severe enough and they can get away with daily usage. Inevitably this leads to people not eating properly, not sleeping for days on end, engaging in risky sexual activity, etc.

Okay, meth is a weird drug. It really doesn't fit in with what most people expect of "drugs" (in Homer Simpson voice). It doesn't get you smashed where you don't know what you are doing. In fact, many people who start using it actually use it as a tool. Need to pull a 12 hour shift and got terrible sleep? Meth will fix it. Want to drive a truck nearly around the clock to almost double your weekly paycheck? Meth can help you do it. Most people report feeling a fairly strong pleasurable feeling while being on meth. That is typically what can lead to habituation and eventually addiction. But meth has an odd place in drug culture in that it is one of the few drugs that can actually allow users to do things they could not do easily without it.

I'll be honest that the first night I ever tried it, I didn't even know it was having any real effect. I look back on this and think it is kind of stupid based on how strongly it hit me during later usage, but that is the truth. I was talking a million miles a minute, didn't want to sleep or eat and just kept going. But I kept smoking more, thinking I had to be missing something (I traded a crack rock for a about a quarter gram to a guy I worked with, so I had my own stash and was mobile the first time I ever tried it which is kind of an odd situation for a first time drug use, but ehh...that is how it happened). I kept smoking more, waiting for some kind of "high" that I would recognize but it never came.

It became a habit for me and I started using it daily for about a year. Although there is not much physical withdrawal, it can be a hard drug to cut ties with, particularly once you are used to the "powers" it gives you. I would do a few hits before going in to work at a customer service callcenter. When I was on it, I felt very clear-headed like you said, but I would absolutely love helping people on the phone. I would stay on calls for sometimes 30+ minutes solving every single problem or concern anyone had. When I didn't have it, I hated taking the calls and it felt like every minute was crawling by. And you would also get into situations where you have been up for 24+ hours and your shift is coming up. You need to get more so you can stay up to make it through it and then of course you will go to sleep after work. But then you just end up doing more and you need to get another bag even worse by the time your next shift rolls around just so you can not pass out at work.

If you aren't liking it, I say leave it behind. I have heard it is extremely popular in certain gay communities so it can feel like everyone is doing it. But even in those communities the users are no higher than 10%. There are way more people not doing it than people who are. I know of a couple of people who got caught up with meth addiction even though they started with very similar viewpoints to yours, where they didn't like it, didn't get it, etc. If you aren't having fun with it, put it down. The risks are obviously not worth it in that case.

Please refer to yourself in the first person. It doesn't provide you any legal protection to say it's your brother, SWIM, your pet etc. It's not allowed on BL

Yeah thats a common thing I hear from people about their first meth experience. Its like it makes you more sober. But have no illusion, it is a very addicting drug. Because you cant find a good reason to NOT use. I never got addicted per se, but I got in the habit of using it every weekend. At first there was no after effects, but after 6 months I turned into a zombie during the week. But I'd always go back to using come friday. No matter how hard I promised myself I wouldn't - I ALWAYS did. I went from honor roll student to barely scraping by. The high got lamer and lamer and the after effects got worse and worse. I finally decided to part ways with it after about 14 months. It wasn't that hard to quit once I was determined to do it and I got away from people who used.

Wow, thats great to hear you were able to stop by yourself and before things got ugly. Do you consider yourself to have an addictive personality? I most definitely do not and I think it is playing a major role in how I'm feeling. I waited 1.5 months between my first and second time, it didn't bother me one bit.

My job is just too important that I've never been high at work, nor do I ever want to be. I don't even think about it at work. I always wake up the Saturday after using, eat a big meal and pound the water and I'm on with my life. No senseless urges.

I'm not trying to be a cocky ***hole, lol, I know it sounds like that. I'm just saying how I really feel. Hopefully I can keep it like this, going just every month or two and then having some fun. I am confident I will be able to do what you did and stop if this shit gets out of control.

There are hundreds of thousands of cigarette smokers who feel exactly the same way. Never mind "euphoria," whatever the hell that is, the most a smoker gets is a head rush with the first one in the morning. And the first one they ever had probably made them sick.

Even the withdrawals from nicotine really aren't that bad--you can't focus, can't seem to think straight, hyper-irritable, and feel like you have the world's largest fart stuck inside your abdomen.

Meth is the same: a brief head rush if you're lucky, a half-hour of feeling no more positive about things than you'd get with a couple of beers, then wide awake with increasing levels of anxiety for the next eighteen hours. Generally. It can make your thoughts feel all profound, like weed but faster; give you energy, like coffee but cheaper and cleaner; and it can make having sex with ugly strangers in dangerous situations seem like great fun, like booze but less sloppy.

Addiction doesn't care how much you like something. And there're different kinds, but in our case we're talking a purely chemical process for which you have no control (other than abstaining, and fuck that). Meth and similar stims in particular know how to trip the flag that tells your brain they are required to go on living, like breathing. If your brain doesn't get them, it thinks it's suffocating and starts thrashing around.

Eventually, your brain realizes it has to outsmart itself, and puts more cognitive resources than you ever put into school, into finding ways to fool yourself into getting more. The non-drug using you (cause believe me, the drug-using one is the MORE rationale one, the other one is the over-emotional, crying about things like lost jobs, prison, lack of money one) prevails, little bits of that flag stay stuck like price-sticker glue to your brain for the rest of your life.

You wrote in because you're already seeing your usage increase. Possibly lulled into false confidence my it's sub-stellar effects on you, it's already creeping up. You're aware on some level, so take heed now, because otherwise you'll come in tweaked on a Monday morning after being up the whole weekend, and do a line in the bathroom to stay awake.

Jesus you make me laugh Scrofula, what a perfect description, especially the part about 'putting more cognitive resources than you ever put into school'. My first time was just like HeadOnStraight. All I could think at the time was "so that's it? That's all you got? This is what they call a hard drug? I'm more fucked up on weed!". Seriously, I almost flushed the rest down the toilet but then my brain said "Uh, hey man, you gonna waste that after paying for it? Are you stupid....". I think it was my third or fourth time that I lay there in a euphoric puddle moaning "oh fuck, oh fuck, moooar".

I've manage to avoid daily use, but I think about it every day. So if you're thinking about it a lot and already rationalising how you might incorporate it into any kind of schedule, that's your brain courting meth. If you can stick to a reasonably spaced schedule, you may be OK, but once you start condensing that schedule for any reason, you're on the yellow brick road.