• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids crushed vs solid vs half broke? for avoiding reflux.

en10se

Bluelighter
I have acid reflux that can be flared up by the usual coffee/large meals,

Would have crushing my percoset and swallowing it in liquid be easier on stomach or harder on stomach then swallowing whole,

I mean I would see crushed might have better surface area for absorption but harder on stomach? But Wouldn't swallowing whole make my stomach use more acid to break it apart? also would just breaking them in half/quarter be any easier or harsher on stomach from being whole?

These are done in the morning on an empty stomach.

info please

Last edited:
I used to suffer really bad heartburn/reflux etc, after 3 years of it eventually I was hospitalised with pancreatitis due to billary sludge in my gall bladder, once they removed my gall bladder my stomach no longer gave me grief. Nexium and/or Somac are great drugs for balancing out those stomach issues that lead to heartburn (which frankly can feel like dying to me).

I don't have stomach issues even when I take oxycodone 120-300mgs powdered on an empty stomach which I prefer cos it absorbs as quick as can be if taken orally, I've no idea if taking your pills whole or powdered will affect your gut one way or another, but If you are not taking ranitidine or the drugs I mentioned above it may be something you should see your Dr about. Chronic Acid reflux can be suicide inducing....but then again a red light when I'm late for work can have me consider driving off a cliff.

Keep well hydrated too, it really helps gut issues, even though at my worst even a drink of water could induce the burn of acid reflux but your liver and kidneys will appreciate the H2O if that's something you struggle with. I'm a poor hydrator and need constant reminders to drink more water.

You may want to try an over-the-counter H-blocker at the same time, with lots of water.