• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Cross tolerance

They both affect GABA levels and I have found that benzodiazepines help with pregabalin withdrawal (mostly anxiety and sleep wise, and for me it wasn't much so other way around... although gabapentin, a cousin of pregabalin, is reported to help with benzodiazepine taper) so they have some cross tolerance for sure. Pregabalin is such a weird one that I would restrain myself from commenting further. I will leave it to bluelighters that are more knowledgeable in pharmacology.

They both affect GABA levels and I have found that benzodiazepines help with pregabalin withdrawal (mostly anxiety and sleep wise, and for me it wasn't much so other way around... although gabapentin, a cousin of pregabalin, is reported to help with benzodiazepine taper) so they have some cross tolerance for sure. Pregabalin is such a weird one that I would restrain myself from commenting further. I will leave it to bluelighters that are more knowledgeable in pharmacology.
Any other bls know?

Any other bls know?

Any other bls know?

Any other bls know?

There is a partial cross-tolerance for sure. I remember that (take it with a grain of salt cause it was Wikipedia page and entry was removed since) it was even compared to diazepam. But there is so much going on when you take pregabalin that this is all I can say. Pregabalin is not well understood. Hope you're feeling ok.

There is a partial cross-tolerance for sure. I remember that (take it with a grain of salt cause it was Wikipedia page and entry was removed since) it was even compared to diazepam. But there is so much going on when you take pregabalin that this is all I can say. Pregabalin is not well understood. Hope you're feeling ok.
ok the half life of pregabalin is around 6 hours so a day would it be out of your system? then could I dose an opiate

I think that nobody can really tell you the correct equivalent as they are affecting the system differently. Both raise the level of GABA, but not in the same way. Benzodiazepines are much more "GABA focused" while pregabalin is raising GABA levels "indirectly". So there is some cross-tolerance but it is not complete. I think nobody is responding because you can't really compare pregabaling to alprazolam. They are both GABAerics but just not similar enough and pregabalin is a more complex and less understood substance.