• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin "Creeper" Heroin?

Kid Amine

Bluelighter
Been a LONG time since I did H, but there was 2 distinct reactions I got from it. One, the usual one, was the normal warm and fuzzies almost immediately after injection, the other was much rarer... nothing right away, but the same effects would come on 5-20 minutes later. This was NOT the result of a missed shot.

This "creeper" H as we called it led to my OD. I wasnt even trying to get high, rather I ran out of methadone a few days early and couldnt get anything else. Did a half bag, nothing. A bag, nothing. The remaining bag and a half, nothing. Next thing I know it's 5 hours later and my mom and 5 paramedics are standing over me... oh yeah, a cop too. As Yoda would say "Fun times, it was not". Even after the Narcan, I spent about 15 more hours in the ER in critical care, way the hell out of it.

Now is it possible I got ahold of some REALLY strong stuff? Yes, however that is money lost to someone, several someones, if it aint cut down a lot. and dealers cant deal to dead clients either. also, id think anything so strong would hit faster, not like it did (very delayed). It had been about 8 months since Id screwed with H, coming off a 2 rack a day habit. Was only on 20mg of methadone a day, had been out for 3 days when I got those bags.

Anyway, the OD and crap isnt really relavent. The question stands: has anyone else noticed this with H, or any other opiate when IV injected?

Kid it sounds like you OD'D plain and simple. Your body was used to the methadone but was then deprived of it for 3 days. Then BANG you hit yourself with a bag. Yeah to us more serious users a bag doesn't seen like much but to a non-tolerant person its enough to send you over the edge. Most OD'S dont happen right away anyway.

Kid it sounds like you OD'D plain and simple. Your body was used to the methadone but was then deprived of it for 3 days. Then BANG you hit yourself with a bag. Yeah to us more serious users a bag doesn't seen like much but to a non-tolerant person its enough to send you over the edge. Most OD'S dont happen right away anyway.

Ive seen a few ODs, most happened within 5 minutes of injection (labored breathing, cyanosis, no response to stimuli). Yes, I ODd, plain and simple. However, I am still left with the question of why the delayed reaction - this has happened many many times even when methadone wasnt in the equation.

While it certainly sounds like an OD, I can't understand why it would hit so much later. Even if you IM'ed it by accident or sub Q, it would have absorbed in 15-20 mins. Some people who OD pass out with the needle still in their arm.

Either way, be careful man. I had a good friend who spent 8 months in a voluntary rehab facility, got out and relapsed using just a small amount for what he figured he was used to. His parents found his body the next morning.

Plenty of overdoses happen 10-20 minutes after initial injection... there is no one size fits all OD. That's why they are so scary.

Sorry to hear about your friend, and I dont want to wind up like that. as for teh delayed reaction, possible causes are a miss that you dont feel or see, tho most misses are immediately obvious b/c they hurt like a mofo. I just dont think it possible I missed 3 in a row that day long ago, and I really cant explain the really long effects it had even after narcan. idk what the lab tested for, but 5 months later I was served with an arrest warrant for possession of heroin. Id assume that GC/MS would find all illicit substances in a sample, not just H. Maybe it was cut with something OTC that really extended the effects, idk.

My OD happened after a day and a half of binging, 2+ hours after last dose. But i've had 'creeper heroin' though, smacks your ass in the face after you think you've been ripped.

I know this is an old post, but SWIM just got a button of some pink "dope". Like it was straight up pink. Wouldnt break down in water. The guy said it was cut with quinine. Never had that before. SWIM is an iv user and got nothing from the shot but about 10 mins later felt a little warmth in the belly. Head is pounding. WTF. I've done creeper dope before but it was never pink.

Kind of like Opana, it slowly snreaks up on you. Im not a needle user, but do know some opiates slowly come on. Maybe its a persons metabolism rate......not everyone is the same.

When you haven't done heroin for a while, you just can't start back up where you left off at......& always wait 30 minutes after the initial shot.

I use to wait 30 minutes after a snort of Opana.......there's a very thin line between getting really high & overdosing.