Creating an App

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
I am wanting and willing to make an app for Bluelight. Who can I speak to regarding this matter?

Any of the admin is fine. We do have [email protected], but I think discussing it here might be best so others with similar ideas can benefit from the discussion. What did you have in mind?

Well to be perfectly honest, i dont know much about creating apps but I do have some ideas in mind.

The mobile platform is already very user friendly so something similar to this would be a good starting point as opposed to trying to condense the full sites contents into the app.
The login would the same, leading to the users vbulletin menu just like on the mobile platform. The layout on this page would work very well for most of the application. For instance, when clicking on the 'forums' icon in the vbulletin menu, the different forums would pop up in the same style and swiping right could display more forums in the same 3x3 matrix until the last one.

Individual threads would have to be in a different format of course because there are so many, but a screen with 10 threads per page would work well.

I am a bit confused as you say you don't know much about making apps...?

Anyway, you're being too kind to our mobile platform- I think it sucks :D We are upgrading our forum software soon and this will mean a better mobile experience. I would say the mobile site turns people off as it currently stands so its an important thing to improve...

I am a bit confused as you say you don't know much about making apps...?

Anyway, you're being too kind to our mobile platform- I think it sucks :D We are upgrading our forum software soon and this will mean a better mobile experience. I would say the mobile site turns people off as it currently stands so its an important thing to improve...

I dont know much about the programming involved with creating an app. But I'm fairly intelligent and could probably figure out how to make one if I wanted to. As for the mobile site, yes it is definitely lack in areas. There are some forums like OD that I cant create threads on due to the prefix being necessary and there is a lot of maintenance constantly being done in general, but I think some of these issues can be resolved fairly easily in an app.