• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Crazy orgasims on Gabapentin

pregabalin and gabapentin totally eliminates opiate withdrawal for me. 100mgs daily oxycodone or comparable habit. pregabalin works for me in doses over 1 gram, gabapentin seems to take like 7+ grams. taking less i don't feel a damn thing whatsoever. but yeah, i also get really horny and great orgasms on both. same thing with my GF. since opiates have wrecked our sex drives, lyrica script day is usually the only day we end up having sex every month. sometimes the next day as well since theres usually some left.

Just to throw a little pharmaceutical info in here for those who don't know:

Yeah, this is a known effect. Not well known, but not unheard of. Your brain uses many hundreds of neurotransmitters, but the most fundamental to function are glutamate - which stimulates its target in general, and Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) - which depresses it. The "gaba" in Gabapentin reveals that it is a general CNS depressant as it enhances the function of natural GABA (yeah yeah, I can hear you yelling at me saying you already know this, but I'm equally sure some people don't, and are curious :p ). Benzos are the most commonly prescribed depressants that primarily affect GABA, but they actually don't quite work that way. Rather than increasing GABA directly, they make it work more efficiently. Most CNS depressants will of course help with opiate withdrawal, benzo withdrawal or any other depressant-related withdrawal, just as Clonidine does; they're all depressants in their own right, and they will usually tend to help counteract the unpleasant overstimulation of the CNS induced by withdrawal of opiates (depressants as well). Even though they have very different mechanisms of action, the net result with a proper dose is a decrease in sympathetic nervous system activity. Whether this happens by increasing GABA, mimicking it, potentiating it, inhibiting glutamate, inhibiting sympathetic neurotransmitters, etc., they're all the same in that their net effects are anxiolysis, hypnotic, myorelaxant, amnesic, and anti-seizing. At least those are the "big 5" effects of nearly all benzos, derivatives and similar drugs, including gabapentin.

Now what's happening here is that the gabapentin is actually slowing down your nervous system, as other GABAnergic/GABA enhancing drugs do. However, this effect is not quite as strong when it comes to sex drive as others. Maybe it preserves testosterone levels and function more so than benzos; in any case, it still does slow down most areas of the brain/CNS, but may allow one to reach orgasm where they likely wouldn't have been able to with similar drugs. It still does depress this function overall, however. Yet if a person on a high dose of gabapentin is aware that they can in fact achieve climax and aren't just wasting their time, they're likely to put that effort in.

Where it gets interesting - orgasm is a parasympathetic, involuntary process as we all know. Once the reflex is triggered, there's no stopping it. So what you've really ended up doing, is finding a way to allow the brain to accumulate enough stimulation to achieve this physioogical response, while at the same time DRAMATICALLY INHIBITING many of the built in mechanisms that control it; duration is greatly increased because chemicals regulating it such as prolactin are inhibited by the drug. The nervous system is essentially too sluggish to activate all regulatory mechanisms which limit both the intensity and the duration of an orgasm, as well as the mechanism for "priming" your physiology for the next one (before which, a refractory period is usually experienced). Yet since testosterone remains at relatively high levels as I described above, you can still trigger the orgasm itself. The same amount of pleasure and associated information travels up the currently depressed spine and brain, is much slower than usual to be sorted and "dealt with" possibly also including the temporal lobes as well - responsible for your perception of time and memory among many other functions, and is ultimately routed to and experienced by the frontal lobes as an extremely pleasurable experience that had lasted much longer than usual. In future, these memories will likely strengthen, and this same expectancy may further intensify the whole experience next time it's practiced. The typical "orgasm afterglow" will also feel much more powerful since it took longer to get there to begin with and therefore required more stimulation, more blood flow, etc. leading to a greater subjective satisfaction and repriming to a resting state. More so than this, however, your brain is also struggling to replenish dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine, GABA, glutamate, adrenalin, histamine and other transmitters and chemicals - but none so much as prolactin, which like I said above, controls the refractory period as well as much of the subjective sense of pleasure during and after sexual stimulation! Oxytocin also plays a very important role in the control of the subjective pleasure of an orgasm. Yet chemicals alone cannot account for all of this; a human's largest sexual organ is his or her brain. Thought patterns, beliefs and expectations, inhibitions, etc. will all go a long way when it comes to evaluating the overall experience after the fact.

Note - all of this is still greatly simplified, of course. The fact is, much of the physiological response to drugs -including gabapentin - remains partially or wholly unknown.

Last edited:
Nice! It makes more sense now.

Either way I just love gabapentin but I get bad withdrawals from it. Very useful and unique drug, not too dangerous to push the dosage for a buzz either *unless you mix it with other CNS depressants* I always have some though and if a friend is dope sick I 'll give them a handful, it helps some people more than others.

Sex on it is ah-fucking-mazing too! Luckily I have a hefty script %)

Great read, bomb!

Makes sense. And out of all the research I've done on the subject in question, I've not delved into how it effects sex.

I'm gonna do some "research" of my own once I get ahold of my boyfriend. We're gonna take a bunch of gaba and fuck like rabbits. Smoke weed and have high sex together. What a nice thing to daydream about..

Certainly glad it does so much for you guys and girls but the only thing it does for me is to get rid of burning neuropathic pain in my right thigh.It also works wonders at helping mask WD symptoms coming off oxycodone.I have a prescription for 3x300 3 times a day,most times I don't take all of them,only enough to get rid of the burning sensation caused by sciatic nerve,it does work really well for that.Maybe I will have to try a higher dose and see what happens

I used to love gabapentin as well but still mystified as to how exactly it works and what we're missing.. It doesn't have any affinity for GABA itself but does affect glutamate decarboxylase which can increase GABA production. Also from wiki- " Gabapentin binds to the α2δ subunit (1 and 2) and has been found to reduce calcium currents after chronic but not acute application via an effect on trafficking[46] of voltage-dependent calcium channels in the central nervous system." So I guess some of this might explain how some people don't get the magic right away.
There was a study done for cannabis withdrawal at least but I think it could help with lots of withdrawals http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22373942 Though I think clonidine etc. should be utilized more for WDs

inhibiting sympathetic neurotransmitters, etc., they're all the same in that their net effects are anxiolysis, hypnotic, myorelaxant, amnesic, and anti-seizing. At least those are the "big 5" effects of nearly all benzos, derivatives and similar drugs, including gabapentin.

Now what's happening here is that the gabapentin is actually slowing down your nervous system, as other GABAnergic/GABA enhancing drugs do. However, this effect is not quite as strong when it comes to sex drive as others. Maybe it preserves testosterone levels and function more so than benzos; in any case, it still does slow down most areas of the brain/CNS, but may allow one to reach orgasm where they likely wouldn't have been able to with similar drugs. It still does depress this function overall, however. Yet if a person on a high dose of gabapentin is aware that they can in fact achieve climax and aren't just wasting their time, they're likely to put that effort in.

Where it gets interesting - orgasm is a parasympathetic, involuntary process as we all know. Once the reflex is triggered, there's no stopping it. So what you've really ended up doing, is finding a way to allow the brain to accumulate enough stimulation to achieve this physioogical response, while at the same time DRAMATICALLY INHIBITING many of the built in mechanisms that control it; duration is greatly increased because chemicals regulating it such as prolactin are inhibited by the drug. The nervous system is essentially too sluggish to activate all regulatory mechanisms which limit both the intensity and the duration of an orgasm, as well as the mechanism for "priming" your physiology for the next one (before which, a refractory period is usually experienced). Yet since testosterone remains at relatively high levels as I described above, you can still trigger the orgasm itself. The same amount of pleasure and associated information travels up the currently depressed spine and brain, is much slower than usual to be sorted and "dealt with" possibly also including the temporal lobes as well - responsible for your perception of time and memory among many other functions, and is ultimately routed to and experienced by the frontal lobes as an extremely pleasurable experience that had lasted much longer than usual. In future, these memories will likely strengthen, and this same expectancy may further intensify the whole experience next time it's practiced. The typical "orgasm afterglow" will also feel much more powerful since it took longer to get there to begin with and therefore required more stimulation, more blood flow, etc. leading to a greater subjective satisfaction and repriming to a resting state. More so than this, however, your brain is also struggling to replenish dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine, GABA, glutamate, adrenalin, histamine and other transmitters and chemicals - but none so much as prolactin, which like I said above, controls the refractory period as well as much of the subjective sense of pleasure during and after sexual stimulation! Oxytocin also plays a very important role in the control of the subjective pleasure of an orgasm. Yet chemicals alone cannot account for all of this; a human's largest sexual organ is his or her brain. Thought patterns, beliefs and expectations, inhibitions, etc. will all go a long way when it comes to evaluating the overall experience after the fact.

excellent, excellent read Bomb...you had to of taken something before you made that post. ;)

especially these parts...I've greatly found the more 'intimate' / 'sympathetic' aspect very interesting as well. (i could already see women slipping this into their boyfriends drinks when not looking :)

Certainly glad it does so much for you guys and girls but the only thing it does for me is to get rid of burning neuropathic pain in my right thigh.It also works wonders at helping mask WD symptoms coming off oxycodone.I have a prescription for 3x300 3 times a day,most times I don't take all of them,only enough to get rid of the burning sensation caused by sciatic nerve,it does work really well for that.Maybe I will have to try a higher dose and see what happens

tnv, it was similar for me the first few times I tried it as well. My initial script was the same as yours...and if anything I only felt slightly zombie like after a few hours...and no real buzz. It wasn't until the much higher doses, and more time / depth to realize how it works...since the biggest bummer is that you have to wait at-least 2 hours for it to start working. (at-least for me...most others report at-least an hour before noticing effects) The awesome aspect is, once it hits you....and can hit you for many hours, and last in a very pleasurable state.

Gabapentin makes me really turned on when I take like 5-8 grams. The orgasm is absolutely great. I love it.

I started on Three 300 mg capsules at night for my chronic back pain but did NOTHING for my painjust helped me sleep. So my follow up appointment last week they increased the freqiency to ...Two 300 mg capsules in AM .One at noon and Two 300mg capsules at night. Have been on this regime will be a week tomorrow. Now for past 3-4 days i am INTENSELY HORNY...it is crazy...bcuz before this i hardly EVER even thought of sex. And yes i am a female...my husband does not know what to think...and yes FYI,,,,STILL waiting for relief!! I wondered if he took it it would help him in SAME way??? Please no preaching here...i would NOT drug my husband or give to him without preacription.
i saw John24 post above of crazy ejaculations taking 3000mgs.....seriously???? That is not even funny...does not seem SAFE at all taking that high of a dose!!
Please ...i appreciate any feedback or comments!!

Gabapentin makes me really turned on when I take like 5-8 grams. The orgasm is absolutely great. I love it.
5-8grams?wtf dude do you have a huge tolerance or something? if i take more than 1200mg i feel like poo.

also i dont get enhanced sexual benefits from gabapentin.

Even though gabapentin seems to have a really high LD50 5-8g is still a lot and no one without a high tolerance should take that much

I started on Three 300 mg capsules at night for my chronic back pain but did NOTHING for my painjust helped me sleep. So my follow up appointment last week they increased the freqiency to ...Two 300 mg capsules in AM .One at noon and Two 300mg capsules at night. Have been on this regime will be a week tomorrow. Now for past 3-4 days i am INTENSELY HORNY...it is crazy...bcuz before this i hardly EVER even thought of sex. And yes i am a female...my husband does not know what to think...and yes FYI,,,,STILL waiting for relief!! I wondered if he took it it would help him in SAME way??? Please no preaching here...i would NOT drug my husband or give to him without preacription.
i saw John24 post above of crazy ejaculations taking 3000mgs.....seriously???? That is not even funny...does not seem SAFE at all taking that high of a dose!!
Please ...i appreciate any feedback or comments!!
gabapentin has a dose response curve with a BIG TIME CEILING EFFECT where you get ~447mg from a 600mg dose in bioavailability, you only get ~475mg from a 1200mg dose, because the bioavailbility cuts in half, and keeps decreasing as you take a bigger dose.

I never understood people who take doses of 1200mg and above. I feel a nice mellow buzz at 400mg, usually when I venture to 600-800mg I start to get noticeably uncomfortable effects that make me feel like poop, so how do these people i know enjoy doses above 1000-2000mg? The thought of it makes me cringe. It's a lovely drug, at appropiate doses.

I never understood people who take doses of 1200mg and above. I feel a nice mellow buzz at 400mg, usually when I venture to 600-800mg I start to get noticeably uncomfortable effects that make me feel like poop, so how do these people i know enjoy doses above 1000-2000mg? The thought of it makes me cringe. It's a lovely drug, at appropiate doses.

Because, your body has a rapid drop in bioavailibility after ~600mg, so that 600mg is barely above 1200mg, which is barely above 1600mg, which is barely above 3600mgs - in terms of bioavilibility.

SO a 600mg dose is about 75% as potent as a 3600mg dose, despite being 1/6th the dose.

Lyrica makes me horny as hell and especially now that im 3 months of opioids. 300mgs lyrica and im happy with energy and feeling almost no nerve pain in my feet and horny!!!!!