• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine crack questions

Need to reply to VOXide's and B25Bulas's last two posts:

Actually I do hack up a little black stuff after a crack session but by the next morning lungs ect feel fine. I think the reason it is not so bad compared to cigarettes is because when smoking I may smoke 10-12 hits in session once every week or two compared to people who may be smoking 40 cigarettes a day every day. A big difference.

And for B25Bulas, I disagree. . . I smoke rock 2 or 3 times a month and yes, when smoking that is all I do but so far I kept up a normal productive life and it is not a career. Yeah, I don't do anything productive when smoking rock (like I can when smoking meth) but it's only a few times a month.
Yeah, that's true. The amounts differ a lot. I wonder if using crack could effect the way other drugs are absorbed when you smoke them, since cocaine is a vasoconstrictor.
Same could be said of cig addicts. I wonder if nicotine was illegal and equally expensive as crack, how many people would still be everyday smokers.

Ehhh...not really. :\

With a cigarette, you can easily get work done. When the cig is finished, you go back to whatever you're doing and that's it. You can smoke while doing your homework, working, etc. Sure, about 2 minutes get wasted every half hour or so, but compare that to pipe hits. It's nowhere close. Lets not forget, you aren't high out of your skull after a Newport. ;)

When you're in a crack session, you can't even put the pipe down for long enough to cook your kids' breakfast. I can say this with utter confidence, and I've never even used crack before. This is of course, while IN session. Not the morning after a binge. Crack, even snorted cocaine, is a fucking horrible drug to use for working class people. More time is spent re-dosing rather than getting business finished. Meth definitely takes the cake in more cost effective and a more productive high.

"Equally expensive as crack" is a very vague statement. Almost too vague to even think about, to be honest. I'm assuming you mean, 1 cigarette would be equal to 1 "hit" of crack. Using my limited knowledge, I know you can get about 3 hits from $10, (correct me if I'm wrong). That would equal out to ~3 bucks for a toot which means $3 for one cigarette. Or maybe, you meant about the weight of nicotine compared to the weight of crack. A decent dose of nicotine is 1mg. A decent dose of crack (No such thing as a decent dose with crack, but you get my point) is about 100mg. Since that costs around $10, you'd have to find how much 1 cig costs. 5/pack/20 = 25 cents a dose. That's quite a raise we're looking at here. Sadly, I think people would still find a way to get their nicotine at a store. Adding the fact that nicotine is illegal however, would change things a lot. Illegal drugs = dealers = violence. A lot of people would quit, but there would definitely still be smokers. I doubt anyone would start smoking, since you'd have to be fucking retarded to pay that much money for a shitty buzz, but people who already were heavily addicted would still want their nicotine, no doubt.

Last edited:
Voxide - - yes, I can agree with your point that one cannot get productive work done when blitzed on crack as compared to when smoking a cigarette - but for me that is fine - - - when I decide I want to spend several hours partying with rock I don't plan to be doing anything else or trying to be productive. It's my time to get way fucked up out of my skull and enjoy it.

After reading through the entirety of this thread, I have to say, I think it's probably just about the best lesson available, and as a person who, at times in the past, has made desperate, stupid attempts to over-intellectualize his drug use, skirting the real issues or ignoring them all together, I am glad that it wasn't moved/closed/deleted, because I feel like somehow, it's important for me to have read this.

Voxide - - yes, I can agree with your point that one cannot get productive work done when blitzed on crack as compared to when smoking a cigarette - but for me that is fine - - - when I decide I want to spend several hours partying with rock I don't plan to be doing anything else or trying to be productive. It's my time to get way fucked up out of my skull and enjoy it.
What got you in to it? Like, how did you stumble upon your first hit? From what I've read, people don't find crack. Crack finds them.
After reading through the entirety of this thread, I have to say, I think it's probably just about the best lesson available, and as a person who, at times in the past, has made desperate, stupid attempts to over-intellectualize his drug use, skirting the real issues or ignoring them all together, I am glad that it wasn't moved/closed/deleted, because I feel like somehow, it's important for me to have read this.

Sums it up perfectly. In my opinion this thread should be stickied and titled: "So you wanna know if crack is addictive."

in response to your statement about dealers risking their throats getting cut: well, that would only happen to a shitty dealer.

if you know what's up, you'll pick your own clientele. you'll only have customers that you know and trust, and if any of them give out your number, you make damn sure that the person getting it can be trusted. aside from that, never let any of them know where your house is. ever.

in response to your statement about dealers risking their throats getting cut: well, that would only happen to a shitty dealer.

if you know what's up, you'll pick your own clientele. you'll only have customers that you know and trust, and if any of them give out your number, you make damn sure that the person getting it can be trusted. aside from that, never let any of them know where your house is. ever.

True, I suppose. I'm sure they have their own special ways on how to avoid disturbed and fiending customers.

Reading this thread, and other horror stories (Hell, this wasn't even a horror story. I WITNESSED it happen, even though I wasn't in this thread 1 year ago.), I am convinced that crack is evil and VERY tough to keep under control.

Yet, knowing all of this, a part of me really wants to feel the epic bellringing full body orgasm that they talk about. I'm not saying I want to try crack, but, hell, maybe I am. Who knows. I don't want to end up like jim, but a hearing nothing but high pitched ringing and having your vision blurred alone is enough to get me attracted to this.

Imagine taking a blast from the pipe and then going bungee jumping. Like Bling-Bling from "bumfights". It's a wonder that his heart didn't explode. Dying and going to heaven couldn't feel as intense as that combination.

Yet, knowing all of this, a part of me really wants to feel the epic bellringing full body orgasm that they talk about. I'm not saying I want to try crack, but, hell, maybe I am. Who knows. I don't want to end up like jim, but a hearing nothing but high pitched ringing and having your vision blurred alone is enough to get me attracted to this.

Imagine taking a blast from the pipe and then going bungee jumping. Like Bling-Bling from "bumfights". It's a wonder that his heart didn't explode. Dying and going to heaven couldn't feel as intense as that combination.

Is it almost like you're hooked before you try it? :p that happened with me. If thats the case with you DONT TRY IT. I was using it pretty regularly for a while. I couldnt stay away from it. Meth instantly cured my crack addiction. Who would waste their money on a ten minute high?

Is it almost like you're hooked before you try it? :p that happened with me. If thats the case with you DONT TRY IT. I was using it pretty regularly for a while. I couldnt stay away from it. Meth instantly cured my crack addiction. Who would waste their money on a ten minute high?

YES. Precisely. I couldn't have put it better myself. Sometimes I even imagine what it would be like to toot a glass pipe and feel that epic rush. I find myself thinking about it from time to time. I imagine what it would be like to run up a HUGE crack debt after buying a pound and just smoking all of it. *shiver*

I'd rather do meth any day of the week, but that curiosity of the bell-ringer and the numb throat/mouth is always there. After reading erowid reports on a crack high, opiates don't even interest me.

And then the other side of me kicks in. Seeing the way crack heads are exploited on TV...the money....the possible lung/heart problems....last thing I want to do is end up a crack fiend. Who cares what anyone has to say about OC's or acid after reading a crack/IV caine report? The only reports more entertaining to read is Datura. That makes 3 hits of acid seem like being sober.

Also, from what I have read, it's not even a ten minute high. Pretty worthless, but when someone says they'd sell their own dick for a hit, you can't help but wonder what all the fuss is about. In my experience, when someone glorifies a drug to that extent, it just makes me want to try it even more.

Last edited:
yeah, i really don't know what it is about crack but there's always something there that justifies going out and buying another hit. i'm fully aware that i love the physical feeling and mental clarity of meth much more than crack... yet, i still keep coming back.

it's not that i'd sell my dick off the bat for a crack hoot (lol,) but after you get your first hit of the day that just crushes your brain and makes you feel on top of the world, you'll likely spend the rest of the day chasing that hit, trying to buy bigger and bigger pieces and never getting the same rush.

i'm curious as to why crack tastes SO much different when smoked off tinfoil as opposed to a glass piece..

Interesting ongoing discussion . . . a couple things - I have done meth a few times and like that more than crack - the high is mellower and more euphoric, it's a better bang for the $ - it lasts longer, and I can actually do other things. But where I am it is almost impossible to get meth but easy to get crack right off the street in the hood.

Yeah - crack hits a lot harder and is a much more super wild high. I've never tried if off tin foil - have always done the small glass stem and choreboy method. For all I read that seems to be the best way.

And in terms of the question - how did crack find me . . . first time at a sleazy x-rated bookstore a drag queen gave me a hit, second time I was at a hotel for business and went out walking and picked up this guy looking for a good time and he got some crack for us to party together with. Then from there I found connections in my hometown, also made some connections in the hood - ended up going from smoking about 2-3 times a month to 1 time a week for 2 years and now back down to 2-3 times per month and my goal is to cut it down to 1 or 2 times per month so I do not let it control me.

Last edited:
OH - also forgot to mention a book I just finished reading - it came out a few months ago - very intense: "Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man" by Bill Clegg. Maybe try to get it via amazon.com. It's a true story of a young man with a promising career in New York City who walks away from everything and goes on a harrowing 2-month crack binge. Actually he used a few times a month for 4 or 5 years including some occasional 2 or 3 day binges, but then he went completely bonkers and walked away from his life and for 2 months he wondered from hotel to hotel and to sleazy crack apartments doing nothing but smoking crack, drinking vodka, and losing 40 pounds.

Interesting ongoing discussion . . . a couple things - I have done meth a few times and like that more than crack - the high is mellower and more euphoric, it's a better bang for the $ - it lasts longer, and I can actually do other things. But where I am it is almost impossible to get meth but easy to get crack right off the street in the hood.

Yeah - crack hits a lot harder and is a much more super wild high. I've never tried if off tin foil - have always done the small glass stem and choreboy method. For all I read that seems to be the best way.

And in terms of the question - how did crack find me . . . first time at a sleazy x-rated bookstore a drag queen gave me a hit, second time I was at a hotel for business and went out walking and picked up this guy looking for a good time and he got some crack for us to party together with. Then from there I found connections in my hometown, also made some connections in the hood - ended up going from smoking about 2-3 times a month to 1 time a week for 2 years and now back down to 2-3 times per month and my goal is to cut it down to 1 or 2 times per month so I do not let it control me.
Pretty interesting first time, to say the least. I wonder what the lifespan of a crack addict would be if their money was unlimited. On Intervention, there was a person who claims to have been addicted to crack for 30 years. I was dumbfounded that she isn't dead yet. I think people on meth have a slightly higher lifespan in general than people who do any form of cocaine.
OH - also forgot to mention a book I just finished reading - it came out a few months ago - very intense: "Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man" by Bill Clegg. Maybe try to get it via amazon.com. It's a true story of a young man with a promising career in New York City who walks away from everything and goes on a harrowing 2-month crack binge. Actually he used a few times a month for 4 or 5 years including some occasional 2 or 3 day binges, but then he went completely bonkers and walked away from his life and for 2 months he wondered from hotel to hotel and to sleazy crack apartments doing nothing but smoking crack, drinking vodka, and losing 40 pounds.
This also makes me wonder. How does a privileged, going-places type of guy stumble upon the first hit? Sounds like quite a book. I might check the library.
i'm curious as to why crack tastes SO much different when smoked off tinfoil as opposed to a glass piece..
Possibly something to do with the choreboy in the stem or the burnt foil.

This also makes me wonder. How does a privileged, going-places type of guy stumble upon the first hit? Sounds like quite a book. I might check the library.

You'd be surprised how much many addicts, especially the sorts who post on bluelight, defy stereotypes. Especially with opiates more than something like crack, as with a reasonable income it's extremely possible to be a functioning addict, whether or not it causes personal troubles and distress.

You'd be surprised how much many addicts, especially the sorts who post on bluelight, defy stereotypes. Especially with opiates more than something like crack, as with a reasonable income it's extremely possible to be a functioning addict, whether or not it causes personal troubles and distress.

Oh, I'm not doubting this at all, but why someone so successful would find the first dose is what interests me the most. Then again, this all goes back to the old saying that no one ever wants to get addicted.

ahh, i'm sure there are LOADS of people who've been addicted to crack for 30 years or more. it takes a lot to kill a person.

as for meth addicts, though, i feel that their life spans would be shortened way more significantly than a crack addict's. meth tolls your body way more than crack could ever dream of...

ahh, i'm sure there are LOADS of people who've been addicted to crack for 30 years or more. it takes a lot to kill a person.

as for meth addicts, though, i feel that their life spans would be shortened way more significantly than a crack addict's. meth tolls your body way more than crack could ever dream of...

The fact that coke is a vasoconstrictor probably gave me that though. After 30 years of smoking rock, hard to believe the lungs can still function. Yet, something as minor as a well placed hit to the head could kill someone. Scary thoughts.

Jimborgs report was a fascinating read. I don't think he made it, he was already circling the drain after a few weeks of using. He reaped the congrats on his plans to quit, and started a thread about product quality only a few days later, complaining that he didn't get high anymore. This was the last trace he left on bluelight. He hinted at problems at work, which he masked with his illness, and of course there was plenty left in that joint account. Yes he was very clever, but that only served to deceive himself more effectively. His brains helped him rationalizing and keeping up that cynical attitude and facilitated manipulating his wife and coworkers.

Must be brutal, seeing yourself going downhill and knowing very well that you lack the self discipline to stop it. This scenario is the reason I'm staying away from opiates.