• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine crack questions

yeah.

this thread freaked me out, honestly. i kept hoping it was some kind of joke; the fact that he could put his inevitable downhill spiral in his own words, clearly acknowledging his folly, is just fucked.

This also makes me wonder. How does a privileged, going-places type of guy stumble upon the first hit? Sounds like quite a book. I might check the library.

This guy was gay and ended up connecting with this older more experienced guy who brought him to his apartment for a night of partying and sex . . . this guy introduced the author to crack for his first time (he had done other drugs quite often up until this time) and then after that first time he started every so often to more frequently then up to his 2-3 day binges and the finally to his horrifying two month escapade. Do get the book - it is very fascinating.

This guy was gay and ended up connecting with this older more experienced guy who brought him to his apartment for a night of partying and sex . . . this guy introduced the author to crack for his first time (he had done other drugs quite often up until this time) and then after that first time he started every so often to more frequently then up to his 2-3 day binges and the finally to his horrifying two month escapade. Do get the book - it is very fascinating.

I'll get on amazon if I can't find it at the library. Sounds like a really good read, kind of like what happened to jim except way more detailed.

yeah - if you get it and after you read it PM me and let me know what you thought - it was quite intense and hard to put down (sort of like how hard it is to put down the crack pipe once I start . . . ha ha)

yeah - if you get it and after you read it PM me and let me know what you thought - it was quite intense and hard to put down (sort of like how hard it is to put down the crack pipe once I start . . . ha ha)

Lol, I think the entire subject of crack is addictive. I think it's one of the only non-psychedelics that I could talk about for days.

The voices keep telling me to keep doing it. Hey, it's not my fault the music sounds better : )

OH - also forgot to mention a book I just finished reading - it came out a few months ago - very intense: "Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man" by Bill Clegg. Maybe try to get it via amazon.com. It's a true story of a young man with a promising career in New York City who walks away from everything and goes on a harrowing 2-month crack binge. Actually he used a few times a month for 4 or 5 years including some occasional 2 or 3 day binges, but then he went completely bonkers and walked away from his life and for 2 months he wondered from hotel to hotel and to sleazy crack apartments doing nothing but smoking crack, drinking vodka, and losing 40 pounds.

wow a 2 month binge, how the hell does anyone go on a 2 month binge

This needs to be in Best Of, stickied as How to get hooked on crack and lose everything in 100 easy steps :(

Oh, I'm not doubting this at all, but why someone so successful would find the first dose is what interests me the most. Then again, this all goes back to the old saying that no one ever wants to get addicted.

I am not sure why it surprises you that successful people would encounter crack. Cocaine has long been the illicit drug of choice among the rich and powerful. Crack obviously has a less glamorous reputation but if you know where to get cocaine, chances are you will be able to get/make crack as well.

Crack in my opinion, is the ultimate rush. There's just nothing that compares to the feeling of a monster crack hit, it makes IV heroin seem like child's play. But it's also pretty worthless as a drug in my opinion. After the rush and 2 minute high, the feeling is awful. You don't just fiend because the high is so good, but actually more because the come down is so bad. You feel so empty, depressed, on edge, over stimulated, and just awful and that feeling lasts for hours even after just taking a few hits. During that time, all you can think about is more crack. I can't tell you how many times I have bought a 20 bag of crack, smoked it, then immediately called every crack dealer I knew in an insane rush to get more. Dealers, being the assholes they are often would not show up until 3 hours later, by which time by come down would finally be coming to an end and I wouldn't want any more crack but since my dealer was arriving I would buy more anyway, smoke it and then the whole cycle would repeat. What a stupid drug, you blow through tons of cash just so you can spend a few minutes high and the rest of your time fiending. The only time crack can be fun is if you have tons of dope to come down with and you don't mind wasting thee or four days worth of heroin for one crack come down. Actually, when I was smoking crack is how my heroin habit got the worst it ever got because where I was normally satisfied with a half gram a day, if I was smoking crack I would need to do 2 or 3 grams of dope per day. Smoking crack without dope to come down with would be unthinkable for me. I dont know how crack addicts who dont use heroin deal with their come downs, I guess some of them use alcohol or benzos.

ahh, i'm sure there are LOADS of people who've been addicted to crack for 30 years or more. it takes a lot to kill a person.

Yeah, definitely. In fact cocaine related deaths are usually more sudden than say the slow deterioration you see with alcoholism if I'm not mistaken, like a cocaine user has a heart attack or stroke unexpectedly. So out of 100 crack addicts, a few might die from the aforementioned causes at various times over the 30 year period but the majority will most likely survive.

And then also you have to keep in mind how expensive crack is and how quickly you can go through it, so unlike alcoholics who might be able to afford to drink heavily daily or opiate addicts who need opiates in their system constantly, very few if any crack addicts are smoking crack constantly for a 30 year period. Smoking crack all day in a tolerant individual could easily cost $300 to $500 a day, who can afford that? So most crack addicts have lots and lots of healthy breaks from crack and that allows them to maintain their health over decades and decades of crack smoking.

They dude. First of all, I'm sorry that you have had to hear opinions from people that have never experienced this shit in their lives. I don't think they should allow people that don't know what they're talking about to post and "crucify" people who either have a problem with this drug, or are like my husband and I who instead of dropping a paycheck on a lapdance from some female who has been dry riding dick all night for 20 bucks, we want to spend time together and maybe smoke a little bit (or maybe alot), and just relax and enjoy our time together. We both are employed by fortune 500 companies and have incredible lives. The way I see it is, if they talk trash then they let the drug do them, they weren't able to control themselves. That is not your fault and they shouldn't put you down for something that they could not handle themselves.

I hope you can help.
I am UK resident and a good friend of mine has decided to use some crack.
He has a small glass pipe with a stem leading to a ping pong ball size ball on the end which has a small hole in it.
Problem is he can't find any advice on how to use it properly.
We don't have "chore boy" in the UK but I'm not sure this kind of pipe needs anything other than some protection in the stem end.
Please help !! Soda can & ash is really the only other option!! Thanks.

You don't have brillo of any kind in the UK? I find that hard to believe it doesn't have to be specificly "chore boy", but any copper brillo scouring pad will work if you just break a ball of it off the pad. Then break the end off of that pipe you have with the ball at the end and just make it a straight shooter, shove a already cured (when you use your lighter to burn off as much of the smoke that the brillo will produce)piece of brillo in the end of the pipe, about a 1/4 inch from the end. If you cant find it anywhere then the next best thing would be to take a soda can, poke like 10 little holes in the top, make a small hole on the side for a carb(optional) as I find that works better than with no carb, then throw some ash from weed or a cigarette on top of the holes you poked, put the piece of crack on there and smoke it taking your finger off the carb and putting it back on (as you would smoking a bowl of weed) while inhaling. It works fine, and maybe the pipe you have will work, which is more designed to smoke meth than crack, I have never used one as there is no meth where I live and we have straight stems and choreboy or any kind of copper brillo, at every corner store in and around all of the more bad neighborhoods so I just get that to smoke. Have you tried using the bulb pipe to smoke it? it might work. I have no idea if that would work or not I have never seen anyone use that for anything but meth. I have however used a soda can with ash like I described above to do this more than a few times and it works, just not as well a straight glass stem and brillo. You can also roll up some cigarette tobacco in a rolling paper and sprinkle the crack inside with the tobacco like you were rolling a joint, I have seen a few people that only smoke it this way and they swore by it and people who roll it up with weed in a joint or blunt too, but to me that would kind of taking away from the crack high and wouldn't be the same high.

Thanks for advice. The shop who sold it swore it was a "basic crack pipe"
As for brillo, we do have some but it is steel rather that copper. I tried to make some but despite burning it until red hot and washing it continues to deposit debits.
I'll use a can I think..
Thanks again.

Best way I've found is start with short quicks puffs while applying small heat then one long SLOW inhale while applying a little more heat. If done right even a 60 bag can last a night if you take your time. remember half the high of crack is wanting more so you can be ripped and not know your actually wasting it. Self control, slow inhales, and not to much heat is the trick to getting the most of your money. Be safe!

And once its gone, as much as you might want to, DON'T GET MORE. Smoke some weed and let yourself come down, giving in to the fiending is how people fuck their lives up cause they don't know when to stop. Remember in moderation this shit can be a nice change of things just please make sure it doesn't become a habit.

I personally do not recommend doing this drug if you have never done it as it is easily the most addictive, but that's just me I can't tell people what to do but in my opinion if your looking for a quick, energetic rush just go to a dance club and maybe do a little bit of coke before you go, so much cleaner and better than hard in my book, I'm a DJ so of course powder is my choice lol, its best at raves! Be safe out there everyone and keep the music alive!

You are smoking way too much crack... No price discussion allowed. Crack is wack as meth is death.