• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Crack Cocaine & Conspiracy documentary (Netflix (

the_void

Bluelighter
This documentary just came out , it’s about how drug policy and “just say no “ decimated inner city communities and they’re still picking up the pieces today .

I am so excited that they are showing a different approach: it’s not so much what DRUGS did to people , but what policy did to people

In it they interview dr Carl Hart , one of the most progressive people alive today . As a young black man, dr Hart wanted to find the cure for crack cocaine , that he felt decimated the black community. Upon serious study of the issue he finds crack cocaine is the symptom - not the problem

SnafuInTheVoid

Moderator: NMI, NSADD
Staff member
In it they interview dr Carl Hart , one of the most progressive people alive today . As a young black man, dr Hart wanted to find the cure for crack cocaine , that he felt decimated the black community. Upon serious study of the issue he finds crack cocaine is the symptom - not the problem
I have mixed feelings about him, not the man as a person but with how openly he speaks about drugs without giving the full picture. I feel like he is a little biased TOWARDS drugs in some sense, and his enthusiasm can make certain things he says seem misleading, at the very least to me. I think he is brave for the way he is approaching drugs, but I'm not sure if I agree with all his "methods".

Just my opinion after listening to all of his shows on Joe Rogan podcast.

the_void

Bluelighter
I have mixed feelings about him, not the man as a person but with how openly he speaks about drugs without giving the full picture. I feel like he is a little biased TOWARDS drugs in some sense, and his enthusiasm can make certain things he says seem misleading, at the very least to me. I think he is brave for the way he is approaching drugs, but I'm not sure if I agree with all his "methods".

Just my opinion after listening to all of his shows on Joe Rogan podcast.

I definitely hear what you’re saying . I think he’s pushing for a different perspective- everybody knows methamphetamine , heroin , cocaine have such negative (true ) effects I think he wants to stress they have positive effects too

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
I actually wrote a post about Dr Carl Hart on the joe rogan sub reddit and on Hamilton's 3rd visit they started talking about my post / opinion on Dr. Hart :D

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
I definitely hear what you’re saying . I think he’s pushing for a different perspective- everybody knows methamphetamine , heroin , cocaine have such negative (true ) effects I think he wants to stress they have positive effects too
I 100% agree. It's just difficult for me to listen to how casually he talks about his personal heroin/meth use, rarely EVER mentions any bad sides to it.

That's my main problem here, although, I partly agree with him doing it. It's just a little confusing to me, and my gut reaction is to scream DANGER!!! WRONG!! Even though he really isn't...

the_void

Bluelighter
Hamilton is a gentleman and a scholar and took the viewpoint of Dr. Hart being "brave, progressive" instead of "bad or incorrect" and I agreed and changed my opinion on Dr. Hart

My viewpoint of Dr. Hart was based on my own perspectives, so I was the one who was more wrong.

Link ?

the_void

Bluelighter
Honestly a lot of mr Norris stuff seems to be about psychedelics so I’m not that interested

He had one about methamphetamine where he interviewed THE Uncle Fester I thought that was cool

There was another one he did I liked about qualuudes in South Africa (that’s something I heard whispers off but didn’t know too much), very cool 😎

He has a pcp one I would like to see also

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hamilton is a gentleman and a scholar and took the viewpoint of Dr. Hart being "brave, progressive" instead of "bad or incorrect" and I agreed and changed my opinion on Dr. Hart

My viewpoint of Dr. Hart was based on my own perspectives, so I was the one who was more wrong.
I wouldn't go beating yourself up too much nor would I go questioning your own initial perspectives because of what a-n-other, who just happens to have a cult like following, says.

As for the rest (the thread):

To begin with this isn't a new documentary so I can only assume it's being given another punt along with another Carl Hart punt.

And Joe Rogan in reference to alcoholics, if you listen carefully, is that they're only seen in a different light, or are no longer stigmatized, once they've cleaned up their act. There's a subtle difference between that and the points being made by Sir Morris and Professor Hart. Whether or not he (Joe Rogan) was being PC or not wanting to overstep any invisible lines I do not know.

But. You take the good with the bad. On the one hand: I think they're on dangerous territory (this having come up more than once here on these forums already). On the other hand: they're future proofing the business.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
This documentary just came out , it’s about how drug policy and “just say no “ decimated inner city communities and they’re still picking up the pieces today .

I am so excited that they are showing a different approach: it’s not so much what DRUGS did to people , but what policy did to people

i watched it...it was really good - but really fucked too - kinda made me mad at the same time to see how they're handling opioids now as opposed to how they handled crack then

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
I wouldn't go beating yourself up too much nor would I go questioning your own initial perspectives because of what a-n-other, who just happens to have a cult like following, says.
See, what I originally had a problem with was when Dr. Hart said on the podcast to MILLIONS of people, as a Doctor none the less, that a hangover from alcohol is actually the result of an immediate physical dependence to alcohol. No, it's fucking not, it's the build of of acetaldehyde. LITERALLY EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

He's said some EXTREMELY dubious things about drugs.

That was my initial issue with him.

But after Hamilton kinda backed him up I realized that I was only partially wrong, because the guy really is a pioneer for drug reform which I have to respect. I think overall he is just too ahead of his time maybe (and says very questionable shit sometimes).

It certainly is brave to be a doctor of medicine or science and admit to the world you enjoy using heroin and meth. Sounds like a horrible career move, but it kinda made is career I guess?

Last edited:

the_void

Bluelighter
See, what I originally had a problem with was when Dr. Hart said on the podcast to MILLIONS of people, as a Doctor none the less, that a hangover from alcohol is actually the result of an immediate physical dependence to alcohol. No, it's fucking not, it's the build of of acetaldehyde. LITERALLY EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

But after Hamilton kinda backed him up I realized that I was only partially wrong, because the guy really is a pioneer for drug reform which I have to respect. I think overall he is just too ahead of his time maybe (and says very questionable shit sometimes).

It certainly is brave to be a doctor of medicine or science and admit to the world you enjoy using heroin and meth. Sounds like a horrible career move, but it kinda made is career I guess?

Now that you mention it I think I heard him say that about the alcohol hangover too (where ? I don’t remember). I find that statement dubious about alcohol as well

Remember dr Hart is not a medical doctor - he’s doctorate of psychology that has in depth knowledge of psychopharmacology

On joe rogans podcast, dr Hart was wearing a T-shirt of methamphetamine’s chemical structure. He joked when people come up to him he’s like “oh I’m a doctor , this is something vital in the body that does this function...”

Funny , and I respect dr Hart and consider him a modern day hero, but a part of me thought “ cmon man” . Psychologists don’t have much formal training in the human body - unless of course he took it upon himself to learn all this extra about the body (instead of just the brain ) , which he’s a very smart and educated fellow , it wouldn’t surprise me if he did .

I would GUESS though his knowledge of the human body is something like “you take a 5HT2B agonist , the heart valve thickens , or you damage dopamine receptors with long term treatment of antipsychotics and develop movement problems “