• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cquite odeine tolerance, what the fuck?

pinkflats

Greenlighter
Hey BL, so yesterday I got my hands on 600mg codeine and a bunch of 25mg hydroxyzine tablets.

I don't have any tolerance to opioids, and haven't touched any downers in close to 3 months. In those 3 months all I have done is LSA / hawaiian baby woodrose seeds.

So, basically I took 25mg hydroxyzine to potentiate the codeine, then took 100mg codeine which would usually have me set. Even 50-100mg tramadol or 5-10mg oxycodone used to have me good. After over an hour I didn't feel anything, so I took another 50mg and waited until it was supposed to kick in. After around another hour I felt nothing apart from a slight headbuzz, so I took another 50mg along with another 25mg hydroxyzine. About 45 minutes after that I was pretty high, but 200mg is way more than I've ever needed before.

What could have caused this? Did the hydroxyzine ruin the high? If I do 100mg codeine today, am I likely to feel anything at all having done 200 yesterday?

Thanks in advance,

pinkflats

Some people fon't get effects from codeine due to a gene mutation making them slow metabolizers. Codeine is a pro-drug and needs to be metabolized into morphine to be active and with the mztation you lack the enzyme metabolizing codeine

Some people fon't get effects from codeine due to a gene mutation making them slow metabolizers. Codeine is a pro-drug and needs to be metabolized into morphine to be active and with the mztation you lack the enzyme metabolizing codeine

That's almost 90% the case probably . That or it's bunk or the fact that you had to redose rather than taking that at once , after your first opiate dose the rest seem weaker but still shouldn't be that way with you if you're naive user . Be careful poppin' pills like that if you usually don't do that on a regular basis

That's quite odd and pretty bad news. I've gotten some pretty solid highs from codeine and tramadol (even after doing oxycodone and opium), so I'll be pretty down if I can't metabolize either anymore. Here's to hoping I can still metabolize tram. :(

Morph & Gorilla;

It's syrup from a UK pharmacy, so it's 100% not diluted. I've done codeine, tramadol, oxycodone and opium all countless times with great results, so that's why I think it's odd that codeine takes 2x the amount now, especially when mixed with an antihistamine. I try to be careful, but I wouldn't think doing 200mg codeine as a non-regular user of opiates is that dangerous.

Some medications are CYP2D6 inhibitors and reduce or even completely block the conversion of codeine to morphine. The most well-known of these are two of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, paroxetine (Paxil) and fluoxetine (Prozac) as well as the antihistamine diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and the antidepressant, bupropion (Wellbutrin, also known as Zyban). Other drugs, such as rifampicin and dexamethasone, induce CYP450 isozymes and thus increase the conversion rate.

Are you taking anything listed above that might inhibit your CYP2D6 levels? I don't know if Hydroxine would act similarly to Diphenhydramine or not. Here in the states we usually have Promethazine mixed in with our syrups and that's probably closer to hydroxine then benadryl.

That's quite odd and pretty bad news. I've gotten some pretty solid highs from codeine and tramadol (even after doing oxycodone and opium), so I'll be pretty down if I can't metabolize either anymore. Here's to hoping I can still metabolize tram. :(

Well, if you got high off of codeine before it's most likely not the gene mutation, because that's something you should be born with, not acquire suddenly