Covid-19... Meds, Supplements etc

sgaimll

Greenlighter
As per title, has anyone been taking anything for immune health, prevention or recovery at this time? Or any suggestions for things to look into?

Reactions: CFC
That being said, overall lifestyle of diet is going to be one of the bigger factors.

As far as other things that I feel help - lots of spices/herbs, anything with antibacterial activity, vitamin C, zinc, NAC, elderberry, and I like cats claw although not sure if there’s anything to it on supporting immune function.

That being said, overall lifestyle of diet is going to be one of the bigger factors.

As far as other things that I feel help - lots of spices/herbs, anything with antibacterial activity, vitamin C, zinc, NAC, elderberry, and I like cats claw although not sure if there’s anything to it on supporting immune function.

Its a virus..

Make sure you all get plenty of beta-glucans in your diet, as there's a reasonable amount of research to suggest they may have a fairly potent anti-viral effect in general. So eat plenty of foodstuffs like mushrooms and oats in your daily diet. And even if they don't combat the virus much, they're still healthy to consume for other reasons, so a good adjustment to make.

Thanks guys. I bought a truck-load of echinacea a few weeks ago from a place here in the UK. And have taken vit C and berberine on and off for a little while. Will keep reading around some of those other bits too.

Have read a lot recently to say that vitamin D is well worth taking. So I’d add it in also. I take it anyway due to practically never seeing the sun in Ireland. Haha edited to add: if you’re taking vitamin D take magnesium as it helps. Especially in those who have low vitamin d levels.

Last edited:
I came across this article a while back which goes through some of the research:

TL;DR: The key ones are stuff that helps regulate blood sugar (oxymatrine, berberine, Ecklonia cava - this last one has specifically been shown to inhibit regular coronaviruses).

Vitamin D for sure (I also think that vitamin D from the sun maybe one reason why homeless people seem not to be dying from this). Now it’s sunny outside I think that’s better than supplementing it.

Lastly, I think linked to the stuff on blood sugar, a low carb diet would help immensely. Not just for regulating sugar levels but also lowering inflammation.

Remember that being overweight and diabetes are the two most risky comorbidities, so focus on these areas and I think you’re covering the most important bases.

Lastly, I’d also recommend nicotine gum given smokers seem to do much better with corona.

I came across this article a while back which goes through some of the research:

TL;DR: The key ones are stuff that helps regulate blood sugar (oxymatrine, berberine, Ecklonia cava - this last one has specifically been shown to inhibit regular coronaviruses).

Vitamin D for sure (I also think that vitamin D from the sun maybe one reason why homeless people seem not to be dying from this). Now it’s sunny outside I think that’s better than supplementing it.

Lastly, I think linked to the stuff on blood sugar, a low carb diet would help immensely. Not just for regulating sugar levels but also lowering inflammation.

Remember that being overweight and diabetes are the two most risky comorbidities, so focus on these areas and I think you’re covering the most important bases.

Lastly, I’d also recommend nicotine gum given smokers seem to do much better with corona.

Thanks for sharing. I had a look at this site and saw they sold masks too, so ended up buying a few of them 👌

I'm just taking a good multivitamin and echinacea tea, supplementary vitamins C and D at the moment, but also have been self-isolated for weeks and weeks and weeks, so there's no need for me to be gobbling more ...

In general, my covid-19 self-care stuff includes elderberry extract (to inhibit viral replication), cucurmin as an antinflammatory, aspirin for the fever and potentially the clotting issue, and mucinex and lomatium (a Native American thing) to keep mucus flowing.

I'd be a bit careful concerning elderberry, as elderberry is known to make a potential "cytosine storm" worse (where your immune system launches a pro-inflammatory response) to an illness.

There are several other immune system 'boosting' supplements available that will not contribute toward a potential cytosine storm.
A few that come to mind:
Andrographis (ayurvedic medicine / OTC supplement)
Echinacea
Goldenseal or Oregon Grape (something that contains Berberine)

Everyone should be taking Zinc and a Zinc Ionosphere
I personally take 15mg of Zinc Picolinate per day, and Quercetin as the ionsphere for zinc.

Everyone should also increase their supplement intake of anti-inflammatory supplements.
A few that come to mind:
Garlic
Curcumin (from tumeric)
Quercetin

There is a significant amount f correlating evidence that vitamins D (preferably D3), K (preferably K2), and C can be extremely effectively at making the COVID-19 infection less severe and also work as a preventative. I recommend 2,000 - 3,000 IUs of Vitamin D3, and 200 - 800 MG of Vitamin C per day.

NAC is also good for several reasons, including anti-viral and immune strengthening actions. You may also add a little bit of black seed (Nigella Sativa) to your diet (just a tablespoon per day). Take your B vitamins too.

It seems like a lot of things to add, but I think it's worth it, and not too much.

Last edited:
I don't buy into health supplements. Never have as most don't have strong enough evidence to support their claims in my opinion. A healthy diet and exercise have been sufficient for my ancestors whom are among the oldest living people on the planet (dad's side of the family Okinawan). Personally I'd value personal hygiene over everything else as an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as my old roommate would say (masters of public health). Wash your hands, keep your hands away from your face and respect people's personal space and you'll be ok for the most part. And use common sense, if someone looks sick or is displaying symptoms stay away from them even if it's possibly just seasonal allergies.

Fluoxetin
Scientists at the University of Würzburg have found a new approach to treating Covid-19. According to a new study, a long-established antidepressant significantly inhibits the multiplication of SARS-CoV-2 viruses.
According to the scientists, fluoxetine is particularly suitable for the early treatment of infected patients who belong to one of the known risk groups. However, the actual function of fluoxetine does not seem to be responsible for the effect - the intervention in the serotin reuptake process. This is suggested, among other things, by the fact that other drugs from the SSRI group, such as paroxetine and escitalopram, did not hinder the growth of SARS-CoV-2 in the study. The antiviral effect is therefore not related to the serotonin reuptake receptor. Instead, fluoxetine inhibits protein expression in the virus: it prevents the virus from building the building blocks it needs to replicate in the human cell.

Fluoxetin
Scientists at the University of Würzburg have found a new approach to treating Covid-19. According to a new study, a long-established antidepressant significantly inhibits the multiplication of SARS-CoV-2 viruses.
According to the scientists, fluoxetine is particularly suitable for the early treatment of infected patients who belong to one of the known risk groups. However, the actual function of fluoxetine does not seem to be responsible for the effect - the intervention in the serotin reuptake process. This is suggested, among other things, by the fact that other drugs from the SSRI group, such as paroxetine and escitalopram, did not hinder the growth of SARS-CoV-2 in the study. The antiviral effect is therefore not related to the serotonin reuptake receptor. Instead, fluoxetine inhibits protein expression in the virus: it prevents the virus from building the building blocks it needs to replicate in the human cell.
OMG I TAKE THIS!!!!!