• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Couldn't take it, went to the hospital

roxi2873

Bluelighter
So after a solid week of suboxone WD, constantlythrowing up, EXTREME ANXIETY. I swallowed my pride and went to the ER. I hadn't slept in 48 hours and was on the brink of madness. Knowing full well they don't care about opiate addicts because it probably won't kill you, I told them I had drank for 2 weeks straight and they bought it. I did have pretty significant symptoms though. My EKG was way off because of extreme dehydration and barely eating anything, pulse and BP were sky high from anxiety. I ended up being there 24 hours. They gave me IV phenorgan and ativan a couple times.... man was that nice. Discharged with nine 1mg ativan and some vitamins. I took 4 whole bags of fluid before I was hydrated again and my EKG was normal. Going to save these ativan and take 1 or 2 at night just so I can sleep. Sub WD is no joke folks. I believe eventually it could kill someone if they can't keep down fluids. I've also heard of people killing themselves in jail because of sub or methadone WD because it's so agonizing and takes forever. I also believe that if an addict has a valid script for a maintenance drug the jail should be forced to give it. Here in Ohio they don't have to, and they won't. Cruel and unusual punishment to me. And people wonder why Ohio is at the heart of the heroin epidemic... They treat addicts like children and do nothing to actually help them.

suboxone is commonly smuggled into jails and prisons

kind of irrelevant but at the same time just saying

I experienced this when I first came to ohio 2 months ago, I was kicking a nasty tar habit and the only way I could get any meds out of the ER was to tell them I was also in benzodiazepine withdrawal, which they have to accept you for (in truth I was dependent on benzo's but I wasn't withdrawing from them). I left with a bunch of librium, zofran and clonodine.

In general it seems you'll do best in jail, or in a hospital if you just claim to be an alcoholic. The only time I've gotten methadone in a hospital was in Oakland when I'd have a serious asthma attack and they'd want to admit me, and I would refuse too unless they gave me 60 or 70mg of methadone a day, which they did twice. But you have to be admitted for something else.

Also, FYI, while I sympathize with you completely and fuck ohio, this belongs more in a blog entry or maybe the DC forum.

Sorry, I don't know much about posting on here. I pretty much just post in "other drugs" because that's where the opioid talk is, which is what I'm interested in. But yes, Ohio is the worst. People in the county I live in have been caught trying to smuggle suboxone into jail and it's all over the papers. Just the other day there was a big article about the heroin epidemic here and the sheriff proclaimed "the only place these people can't get their dope is in my jail". Even though not even 2 years ago an 18 year old girl overdosed and died on drugs she had brought into the jail. I think she did it on purpose because she knew she'd be withdrawing and they wouldn't help her, probably wanted to die anyway and did it as a fuck you to this ass backwards county.

You're lucky they gave you anything, clever move with the benzo withdrawal.

I've been to the ER half a dozen or so times over the years and always got IV dilaudid/morphine... either one shot and send me home, or stay overnight and get it every 3 hours. Guess I've been one of the lucky ones. Just tell 'em you tweaked your back

I am in Cleveland, and yes, hospitals won't do Shit for opiate WDs, but when you say you will go thru benzo or alcohol WDs, they will admit you. I made a big mistake of going to a hospital and telling them I was going to commit suicide, telling them I was a heroin addict and just wanted to end my life, like someone told me to do. It wound up a terrible mistake. They ended up throwing me in the psych ward with a bunch of loons! After 2 nights of flopping like a fish all over the place withdrawal cold turkey and basically fighting with them just to give me some tramadol and ativan, they finally gave in, and I finally got some sleep. It was terrible! They were just giving me Motrin and other meaningless Shit, and didn't seem to understand that I was a hard drug addict and how tolerance works.

I ended up calling a detox place while I was in there, and managed to get a bed, and explained to the doctor I was not suicidal and just couldn't get into a detox anywhere and was just desperate, they ended up letting me go the following morning, releasing me straight to the detox in a cab.

In the detox they just gave me a buprenex shot (.3mg bupe) starting at 3x/day, weaned down into none over 3days in a 6day period. Along with tramadol and some other benign medications. It was OK until they took away the buprenex, then I was sick again... So anything not said I wound up copping on my release day, despite warnings of that's how most overdose.

But yeah, Ohio has tightened up extremely on administering opiates to anyone, not just addicts, because of the epidemic. Even with a legit injury.

As for jails, some have withdrawal protocols, some don't. Cuyahoga county jail gives you tramadol and klonopin tapered doses over 4 days. While Lake County jail makes you kick it cold turkey. They will even make it worse by putting you in an isolation cell for a week and throwing away the key. Terrible....

So yeah Ohio is a shitty shitty state for addicts looking for help with withdrawal.

I made the same mistake you did and wound up at a state mental hospital in Toledo for 8 fucking days. Luckily I had snuk 2 suboxone strips in with me so it wasn't bad. I even got a piece of ass in there from this chick that did the same thing I did and she was fuckin hot.

I made the same mistake you did and wound up at a state mental hospital in Toledo for 8 fucking days. Luckily I had snuk 2 suboxone strips in with me so it wasn't bad. I even got a piece of ass in there from this chick that did the same thing I did and she was fuckin hot.

Hell, you made out better in the "looney bin" than many folks do on the street. Nice goin'!

Hell, you made out better in the "looney bin" than many folks do on the street. Nice goin'!

Yea man get this, this girl was a real sweet Christian girl too who wasnt even 20 years (I was 29). She had a horrible life and home situation. Her whole family would beat and torture her, and apparently her dad would let his friends molest her. She had HUGE scars on her wrist from suicide attempts. But she was totally sane and a good person. She didn't belong in there but was basically homeless and had nowhere to go. Alot of the real psychos in there scared her and I kinda took her under my wing so no one could bother her. She was basically at my side for a week. One the night before I was she asked me to her room and look at some of her artwork. I go in and she closes the door and locks it. Then she asked if I would lay down and just hold her for a while because she felt so alone. After 15 minutes she said "you know, I've never had sex with someone I ever even wanted to.". We started kissing and eventually had like 15 minutes of very passionate love making. It was beautiful. She said she knew I was leaving and wanted to cheer me up since I was in there because I tri tried to overdose over my bitch ex girlfriend cheated on me. She also said she wanted to connect with me because she knew I was good person and I took an interest in her and protected her and made her laugh and feel better about herself all with good intentions. I was pretty shocked. We still talk on fb but I've never seen her again because she lives 2 hours away. Moral of the story I'm glad they pink slipped me in the hospital and threw me in the loony bin.

Hey roxi, may I ask from what dose of Subs you are WDing? Cause I have been there, not eating for about one week because of the puking and that was from ~0,5-1mg only and I never did H or other stronger opioids before. Just the lower potent ones and I was pretty scared back then when I couldn't hold down anything.

I am glad you are better and wish you all the good for the future!

Z

Dangerous Roxi, people like me don't luck out like that. But I was so sick up in there, I couldn't sit still and focus on conversation with anyone really the whole time since my anxiety was extremely high. Then by the time I was somewhat stable when I got sleep that night, they sent me to that detox. But that would have been an awesome place to get laid... Lol

Yea man it was crazy. I was taking a half sub every 2 days. Wds aren't bad now.