• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Couldnt handle the nod (pls read)

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Couldnt handle the nod ***PLZ READ***

very rare this happens, i had 300mg tramadol today 120mg codeine & 10mg diazepam. I was fucked by the time my girl came home (this was about almost 2 hours after last dose, top! as i was asleep lol not for long though at all) she was stunned said i looked fucked. im a long term user of these meds.

What do you guys do when nodding to keep awake ? I take through the day so i need to stay awake. I use to drink energy drinks all the time but i now hate them.

UPDATE 28TH**** - Today i took away the diazepam and used 180mg codeine 200mg tramadol and still getting a hard to witthstand nod, i usually 9/10 get a nice good feel, but latetely this is happrning, i am tolerant to diazepam btw.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand mate, surely the nod is the goal. But if you really need to fight it then amphetamine is your friend ;)

Disclaimer: not sure how safe tramadol is in combination with amphetamine due to the possible lowered seizure threshold, but smack and speed is a godly combo...

If you're trying not to nod, you could take a smaller dose. Personally, whenever I add a benzo into the mix I get sleepy. Maybe remove diazepam from the equation when you need to stay awake.

Not sure I understand mate, surely the nod is the goal. But if you really need to fight it then amphetamine is your friend ;)

Disclaimer: not sure how safe tramadol is in combination with amphetamine due to the possible lowered seizure threshold, but smack and speed is a godly combo...

It is but i avoid falling asleepp to feel good, i just didnt see it coming at all it just hit me and hard!. I dont use amphetamine bro, you maybe have misread. i dont use heroin either.

If you're trying not to nod, you could take a smaller dose. Personally, whenever I add a benzo into the mix I get sleepy. Maybe remove diazepam from the equation when you need to stay awake.

I just usually get nice nod but also a feel good from adding 10mg but its hit me like a xanax. I wont be adding in future. But yea just wanted to see what you guys to to avoid falling asleep from the nod.

Today i took away the diazepam and used 180mg codeine 200mg tramadol and still getting a hard to witthstand nod, i usually 9/10 get a nice good feel, but latetely this is happrning, i am tolerant to diazepam btw.

Pls comment guys

It may be caused by diazepam and its active metabolites build-up in your body, resulting in more pronounced sedation than you are used to feel. There are 3 things u can do.
1, lower codeine dose, same tramadol dose - codeine is more sedating than tramadol because tramadol and o-desmethyltramadol are noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors.
2, avoid sedatives, hypnotics, antihistamines - simply no benzos and related compounds
3, add stimulant - caffeine (coffee, tea, guarana, caffeine pills), modafinil ( non-amphetamine stimulant used for treatment of narcolepsy), bupropion ( aminoketone antidepressant related to amphetamine, cathinone...its dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor, bupropion will also inhibit codeine to morphine and tramadol to o-desmethyltramadol metabolism )...other stims would be probably too strong for you

I apologize if this sounds condescending as its not my intent but if im understanding the question correctly to be "how do i not get as high" then the answer is use less drugs.

I apologize if this sounds condescending as its not my intent but if im understanding the question correctly to be "how do i not get as high" then the answer is use less drugs.

Im use to this dosage bro, i have used daily for over 5 years, i use to be on a much much higher dose with benzos included.

It may be caused by diazepam and its active metabolites build-up in your body, resulting in more pronounced sedation than you are used to feel. There are 3 things u can do.
1, lower codeine dose, same tramadol dose - codeine is more sedating than tramadol because tramadol and o-desmethyltramadol are noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors.
2, avoid sedatives, hypnotics, antihistamines - simply no benzos and related compounds
3, add stimulant - caffeine (coffee, tea, guarana, caffeine pills), modafinil ( non-amphetamine stimulant used for treatment of narcolepsy), bupropion ( aminoketone antidepressant related to amphetamine, cathinone...its dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor, bupropion will also inhibit codeine to morphine and tramadol to o-desmethyltramadol metabolism )...other stims would be probably too strong for you

Defo was the diazepam that done this, since cutting it out i can handle my nods again. It was insane how much i couldnt handle it, it was like zoppiclone/rhynpol knockout nod, like seriously.

I tend now to drink a cup of tea when i have dosed on my meds.

Very confused with number 3 after the caffeine part. Sorry but i find that hard to understand, please expain a little more simple.

Yeah, it's a dumb question, but I know what he's talking about. I take the same dose of methadone and xanax every day and like a couple times a month I'll be unable to keep my eyes open at work which is a bad look. Usually I don't feel sedated at all. Must have something to do with absorption and metabolism.

There's not much you can do outside of stimulants. But in my case I don't want to smoke rock at work. I bite my nails or sip water or coffee or eat something. Maybe chewing gum would help. These techniques are mildly effective. If you really want to avoid over-sedation lower your diazepam dose or spread your dose out across the day.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a dumb question, but I know what he's talking about. I take the same dose of methadone and xanax every day and like a couple times a month I'll be unable to keep my eyes open at work which is a bad look. Usually I don't feel sedated at all. Must have something to do with absorption and metabolism.

There's not much you can do outside of stimulants. But in my case I don't want to smoke rock at work. I bite my nails or sip water or coffee or eat something. Maybe chewing gum would help. These techniques are mildly effective. If you really want to avoid over-sedation lower your diazepam dose or spread your dose out across the day.

Yea its similar with me, one in a while people notice it when often when i take my normal dosage which is pretty high, they dont. But this time i was over ay mothers and she was saying that i was like someone who uses smack/heroin, shes never seen me that bad and the dose i took was less than normal. Weird, huh. I have cut diazepam out now, i am use to tapering off benzos so can pretty much stop whilst taking opiates still.

I have read through the thread and all i can think of is either lowering the codeine dose or replacing diazepam with alzam at a lower dose. maybe that will help making the nodding less intense.