• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Could you make a drug out of ingredients in chocolate?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I'm on adderall and stoned so this might be a random pointless idea that doesn't make any sense. Read at your own risk of wasting your time. sorry if i'm typing kinda weird too.
If your a BL staff trying to move this out of homeless forums, it's basically about a theoretical idea of making a drug out of chocolate, why it's theoretically possible, what it could be used for, how it works, how to make it better, and some other details. Not actually planning to do this, or anything similar, just a cool idea I came up with. Just saying that in case you don't wanna read the whole thing.

This isn't really like practical or something i ever plan on trying to do, it's just a cool idea i came up with that I wanted to share/ask about. It's all just theoretical. I'm a 15 year old junkie with Fs, Ds, and Cs in school, not a chemist or scientist or a professional anything. I'm not like trying to come up with a way of doing it, I'm just wondering if it's possible cuz it's interesting. So I've heard from a ton of people that chocolate releases endorphins in your brain, and I heard someone refer to it as "technically psychoactive" the other day and i got the idea "what if you could make a drug out of chocolate?" I haven't done any research on it, but there has to be an active ingredient in chocolate that releases the endorphins, it can't just be the entire chocolate mixture. So you could start by extracting the active ingredient. If it's potent enough, you could just smoke it, snort it, inject it, take it orally, plug it, etc. (some of those you can't do with plant matter if it still is like plant matter tho.) If it isn't, my idea would be to chemically alter it and try to synthesize a more potent version. It's possible other drugs, and maybe even non-psychoactive chemicals(idk), could potentate it too, so you could take both instead of an unreasonably large dose of chocolate's active ingredient. It's possible chocolate could be used as a sort of "assistant drug" too. I'm assuming chocolate doesn't effect your brain nearly enough as most drugs that are actually used, so it probably couldn't treat much or get you a good high, depending on what you're using it for. So instead of using chocolate alone, you could use it along with another drug. Since it doesn't effect your brain very much, I'd assume the effects are very specific. Like if you compare something that effects many different parts of your brain in many different ways like LSD(I think, that example might be wrong tho) to something that effects less parts of your brain in less ways like kratom, the many effects of LSD are very diverse while the few of kratom aren't as diverse. Because the effects are very specific, they could be added on along with another drug to add just one small effect along with all the other ones from the other drug, where if you added an entire other normal drug for one simple effect to add on and work with another drug you'll get way more effect than wanted. It could also maybe be used as a possibly safer alternative to normal, casual alcohol use for some people. People like alcohol because it has bland, mild effects and they use it in small amounts casually. Based on everything I just said, chocolate's active ingredient would probably be similar to alcohol in intensity(like how strong the high is, an example of a less intense high would be like kava or xanax for people who don't get euphoria from it). It could also have recreational synergies, for the same reason it could have medical synergies. If the original extracted drug isn't recreational, maybe it could be chemically altered to create a new, very similar recreational drug. Even if it isn't recreational, chances are it could have some kind of medical value. That's pretty much everything I thought of so far, feel free to reply. I'm looking for people to add on to it, tell me which parts of it are wrong, come up with new ideas, anything really. Again, this is just an interesting thread tho, don't take it too seriously.

Chocolate contains caffeine; but besides that, and sugar you're not going to get any drugs from it like the ones you asked about.

Yeah, caffeine,theobromine, and phenylethyalamine are in chocolate. You can get all of them in pure form so there's no reason to go f'ing around with chocolate.

None of them are that great either, I mean PEA could be used as a precursor, but we ain't gonna get into synth discussion. You sound like you have zero knowledge of chemistry, so you may wanna work on that first, before you go trying to engineer drugs, lmao.

Last edited:
The thing that's so addictive about chocolate is simply that it tastes good and is chock full of sugar and fats.

That Phenylethylamine? Yeah, that stuff's psychoactive.... if you eat several hundred miligrams of pure synthetic Phenylethylamine AND you're on an MAOI. Otherwise your Monoamine Oxidase enzymes will shred the stuff long before it can approach any sort of effective concentration in the brain, even if you were to stuff your face with ultra-dark 90% cacao chocolate.