• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids could use a little help (re oxy/lope))

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Hi everyone. ok - a few years back I tore a ligament in my hip and having formerly been a junkie (thanks ibogaine!) opted for kratom for pain management. I did not have an opiate habit at the time I began kratom therapy, it had been several years since I was on dope. that was about 2 years ago. during the intervening time I got strung out on kratom (suprise) at the tops I was eating 25g a day. Fast forward two years, I tapered down the kratom to .8 g 2x/daily but something about the nature of the psychological side of the kratom withdrawals was particularly unbearable. I have/would rather go through opiate withdrawal. So I switched to oxy. I have not exceeded 15mg daily for maintenence (2 7.5 doses morning/night). I have all the usual slew of withdrawal supplements/adjuncts and am aware how to use them. After tomorrow night I want to just jump off. I've been on the oxy for 1 month/1 week. hopefully long enough for the kratom withdrawals to be done. I'm hoping I can get down to just PAWS in 2 - 3 days, like the old days! My question centers around loperamide - if I wanted to use it during those days to ease the GI issues and generally coast me down, what dosage would be good to start at for someone maintaining at 15mg oxy daily? Thank you for any responses.

also - 15 seems reasonable to jump off right? I mean, I could go down to 10 or 5 but it seems like it would be better to get the opiates out faster since I've only been on them a little over a month.

You can probably jump off 15 mg fine. Just take lope as directed on the box.

my question was more along the lines of : has anyone developed a dose converter for lope -> anything so people can have a ballpark estimate of how much to take if they wanted to use it to alleviate withdrawals.

Personally speaking, using loperamide formed on a heroin/fentanyl dependence---I needed between 20-30 mg of loperamide to alleviate about 80 %of the wd. (So like 10-15 of the 2 mg pills)

When you have an opiate habit, taking more than the recommended dose of lope isn't going to "back you up". I guarantee you took more constipation causing equivalent in your DOC

---loperamide has a half life around 12 hrs. Don't dose more than 2x a day

---it takes about an hour to begin to work; about 3 hrs to hit maximum wd relief. So give it a chance to kick in.

---it will dehydrate you. Drink lots of water/Gatorade/your preference

---it doesn't get rid of the fatigue. In fact, I always felt very much blah , no energy, etc.

---my advice? Take 20 mg before you go to bed after you run out of oxy. Then you won't wake up in withdrawal as it will have had a chance to start working. Plus then you can dose upon waking. See how you feel. Increase to 30 mg if needed

---lower your doses after the first 3 days. You don't want to switch habits

Good luck! You can do this, you're fairly low and it should be an easy detox.

^^people may argue this, but this seems good. 30mg is the maximum I'd touch.
I used lope myself, if running low on Percocet 5/325. I was taking 20mg/day. I never went as high as 30mg Loperamide. Maybe 20mg at most. I can attest that it works well.

Drink fluids or you run the chance of passing cement on the toilet. That stuff can constipate you at low doses.

Don't take more than 16mg of lope a day. I just went through the lope gambit myself trying to replace my Suboxone dose. I was taking 48 pills every other day and it raised my tolerance so high when I got back on Suboxone after 2 weeks it was a struggle to feel normal because the lope is so strong. It's a big price to pay for such a minor relief from withdrawal.

^ I'm with roxi2873 on this one. 16- maybe 20 is as high as I would go because it always seems to add a day or two to getting to the PAWS stage. If you have to crash off of a gram a day habit then Lope it up, but if coming down from 15mg the lope won't do nearly as much considering the trade off . At the very least wait till it gets rough before going over 10mg. Hell being able to keep your Oxy habit at 15mg a day shows you have a tough constitution about your drug use, as a large portion of the laborious process is behind you..

thanks for the replies, that's exactly what I needed to know. I think i'm going to wait til 24 hours, eat 6mg of lope and go from there. hopefully i'll get to 24 and feel able to handle it.

as a side note, does anyone know about lope metabolism in the liver? I take a lot of different stuff throughout the day that inhibits cyp3A4 and cyp2d6. just wondring if that will interact poorly

15mg a day habit? Wouldn't even bother with the lope but if you have to 2-4 mg would be more than enough.