• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Could this Truly have Rendered me Impervious to Opioids

romealone

Bluelighter
Hey guys, this is quite unfortunate, unwelcome, and also extremely surprising.

For several years my tolerance and response to opioids has remained constant, albeit at a very high level.
10mg IV oxymorphone provides a strong but not overwhelming rush and pleasant afterglow for several hours, occasionally 15mg is used and while it doesn't feel even close to OD territory, it's a bit more than what I'm looking for. So as I said, for over 2 years daily this has provided strong but manageable effects.....and then...

Someone decided to get acquainted with butyr fent for a mere 4 days. During this time, the usual opana doses were skipped as the BF was played with about every hour for these 4 days (BF has incredibly short duration when vaped or IV).

After this little 4 day excursions, the usual regimen was resumed...and I was astonished. I accepted that some transient increase in tolerance may result from this experimentation but Never in a million years would I have predicted THIS:

I don't like hyperbole or exaggeration so when I say that 30mg of IV oxymorphone did not produce ANY perceivable effect, I literally mean that it was as though I had shot distilled water. I actually frantically examined the syringe looking for a hole which would have allowed the 30mg to shoot out of the side and not have made it into my system. Something that absurd seemed far more likely than the alternative, that a mere 4 days of messing with BF had such a profound impact on tolerance that 30mg IV Opana (triple the amount that had provided strong, consistent effects for years) has now become imperceivable. And I cannot stress enough that this is not an exaggeration, 30mg IV opana provided ZERO response (for those that may not be familiar with opana and it's incredible potency when taken IV, it is equivalent to 600mg oxycodone or 900mg of oral morphine).

How is this possible???? Again, I had been warned that fent and it's analogs can cause fairly dramatic increases in tolerance, but come on...4 days and suddenly 30mg IV Opana had become Tylenol, when prior to this, 10mg provided a good strong experience for years.

I have since tried a 30mg IV dose 2 More times, but to no avail.

So, is this as unusual as I seem to think it is, or should I have expected that a mere 4 days of switching over to BF would produce such a profound increase in tolerance.

And more importantly, is this likely a permanent effect or is it reasonable to expect that over the next few days or weeks, assuming I resume to my typical regimen of opana, my tolerance will return to something at least resembling what it was before?

Of course I'm aware that my best bet at getting my tolerance back down is to abstain from all opioids for some time, but suffice to say that is not an option right now.

I'd love to hear anyone who has had experience w a short course of BF, and if they experienced the same shocking raise in tolerance, and if so, was this a permanent change?

Thqnks

Last edited:
That's fentanyl for you. It is a compound built to fit in the receptor yet doesn't hold. Increases tolerance like crazy for such a short effect and I've heard it holds for a while. It should get a bit better in a few days if not one of two after you stopped using. I'm not xp with fent so I can't tell you anything for sure on when things will get better.

Edit : do you get any relief and no rush or not even relief? I honestly don't get rush with 5-15 mg opana where 4-8 hydromorphone i do feel the rush. I do get a good six or eight hours of relief

U-47700 presents a similar problem.
Sustained use skyrockets tolerance rendering a previously standard dose of oxycodone for instance, more or less completely useless.
Even after rapid taper and abstinence for a few weeks, tolerance appears to remain much higher than before.
The strange thing is this seems to take place without the need to increase the dose of U-47700 by much, it definitely is increased but not by a huge amount...

Sorry this isn't much help with the substance at hand.

From everything I have read, Fentanyl is the killer of tolerance, it will destroy it.

You don't have to take it for long, & you can't go back to what you were used to for a while.

I hope its different for you......did you use Fentanyl because you were out of Opana? Usually that's what happens & peoples tolerances get in trouble.

That's fentanyl for you. It is a compound built to fit in the receptor yet doesn't hold. Increases tolerance like crazy for such a short effect and I've heard it holds for a while. It should get a bit better in a few days if not one of two after you stopped using. I'm not xp with fent so I can't tell you anything for sure on when things will get better.

Edit : do you get any relief and no rush or not even relief? I honestly don't get rush with 5-15 mg opana where 4-8 hydromorphone i do feel the rush. I do get a good six or eight hours of relief

Don't get me wrong, yes the opana provides relief that it's not as though I shoot the opana and am in withdrawal, I just simply feel normal, sober, and do not experience even a hint of the rush that most ppl experience as almost overwhelming when shooting such a Substantial dose of opana.

welcome to the world of high potency opioids

Sure, but IV oxymorphone isn't exactly child's play and as i said, I imagined some transient level of tolerance to occur, but it's not as though I was previously taking a few PO Vicodin a day and am now shocked they are no longer effective after making the quantum leap to An IV fent analog. So it's not that I can't fathom how my tolerance could have increased, I am just in a state of disbelief that for several years 10mg IV opana provided a solid rush followed by hours of effectiveness, and after a 4 day switch to BF, my previous opana dose TRIPLED could not even be perceived.

I was addicted to IV Fentanyl in 2007, just for a few months. Long story short, I'm opiate free now and have been for years. I've recently undergone some surgeries and have had some serious problems with my tolerance level. It's become my biggest regret-- IV'ing Fentanyl. Because 8 years later, it is impossible for my to get adequate pain relief and that's scary when you truly need it. I have just undergone 3 surgeries, the final one ended in me being cut open and my bladder resected (thanks Ketamine use) and it was the most horrific pain I've ever felt and they were just pumping me full of massive amounts of drugs that were not relieving me at all. It was the scariest thing, being in a hospital receiving doses of opiates that literally should kill me and I was lying there crying because the pain was so bad. I didn't know what I was going to do... so I will be praying for you that your tolerance returns to normal. I abused Fentanyl hardcore in a short amount of time, so I know I did some irrepairable damage- hopefully you haven't.

I was addicted to IV Fentanyl in 2007, just for a few months. Long story short, I'm opiate free now and have been for years. I've recently undergone some surgeries and have had some serious problems with my tolerance level. It's become my biggest regret-- IV'ing Fentanyl. Because 8 years later, it is impossible for my to get adequate pain relief and that's scary when you truly need it. I have just undergone 3 surgeries, the final one ended in me being cut open and my bladder resected (thanks Ketamine use) and it was the most horrific pain I've ever felt and they were just pumping me full of massive amounts of drugs that were not relieving me at all. It was the scariest thing, being in a hospital receiving doses of opiates that literally should kill me and I was lying there crying because the pain was so bad. I didn't know what I was going to do... so I will be praying for you that your tolerance returns to normal. I abused Fentanyl hardcore in a short amount of time, so I know I did some irrepairable damage- hopefully you haven't.

I've read quite a few stories like this & they a have the same ending where the Fentanyl user can never get his tolerance back to where it was before starting with Fent.

I went from using hydrocodone & morphine to snorting Opana for a month. Opana takes your tolerance up by snorting it, but I could still get high from 20mgs of hydrocodone, & especially the much nedded pain relief after stopping Opana.

Had the chance to try Fentanyl several times for free & turned it down every time......I will not mess with it at all!

It must really suck not to be able to get legitimate pain relief from pain meds being given at the hospital.

I made a longer post to reply to you in the fent analogue thread.

Tldr - the most recent time I did b-f, I went on a short binge for twice as long as you did (8 days) and it only took less than a week for my tolerance to get back to where it was before, or lower. But fent is known for both building up in your system (even if you are still feeling w/ds) and for having an extremely high binding affinity (stronger than pretty much every single other opiate, except other fent analogues).

All fentanyls definitely will bind more strongly than oxymorphone.

Hmmm, sounds like a sticky situation...!

Sure, but IV oxymorphone isn't exactly child's play and as i said, I imagined some transient level of tolerance to occur, but it's not as though I was previously taking a few PO Vicodin a day and am now shocked they are no longer effective after making the quantum leap to An IV fent analog. So it's not that I can't fathom how my tolerance could have increased, I am just in a state of disbelief that for several years 10mg IV opana provided a solid rush followed by hours of effectiveness, and after a 4 day switch to BF, my previous opana dose TRIPLED could not even be perceived.

Well put... I think that statement made to you was inappropriate, considering the very clear prior information you stated.

I think that the high affinity of the fent analog is still bound to your receptors, making it very difficult for the lower potent opioid to penetrate the fent analog and bind to your receptors with affect. IMPORTANT: I don't think you should try upping your opana dose in attempt to get what you are looking for right now... Rather, wait until you start to go into decent withdrawals from the fent analog. This would mean that those higher affinity opioids are not locked to your receptors, basically blocking or overpowering the attempt of the opana.

Other than that, you will have to up your dose so high to break through and once the fent analog is out of your dome, you're gonna be stuck with that huge opana dose need...... Just my 2 pence.

Good luck fellow opioinaut! ;)

Last edited:
This thread has bugged me out, no more cheap ace-fent for me :v