• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Could it be that... Carisoprodol is completely legal in Australia?

Diacetylus

Bluelighter
Basically: The thread title says it all. I'm not looking for sources or anything.
But, after thoroughly searching through the TGA list: http://www.tga.health.gov.au/docs/html/bringmed/apendixb.htm

There is nothing in there that even closely resembles Carisoprodol. So, this would mean that it's completely legal to import the substance into Australia, for a maximum of 3 months supply, even without a prescription!? 8o

For those of you that don't know... Carisoprodol/Soma isn't very recreational in the typical sense, but it is an awesome muscle relaxant that helps relieve muscle spasms and promotes a physical relaxation throughout the body. Apparantly not very addictive, though has the potential to be misused. In higher dosages it can cause a "clear-headed drunkeness" in some... to quote the words of another Bluelighter.

It also seems to synergise amazingly with Benzos and apparantly alcohol and Opiates.

Anyways, I was just curious is all... was hoping maybe Fry-D, Hoptis, CBM, or Phase_Dancer could chime in their 2million's worth. ;)

*bump* Fry-D, Hoptis, CBM, or Phase_Dancer? Anyone?

Sorry for the bump.

I saw the thread and I actually have no idea on this one. It would be worth sending an email to the TGA, customs and anyone else you can think of asking the question though.

Maybe our man Phase might know something :)

Last edited:
Sorry, no idea. Write to TGA, others here have done so and received useful responses regarding importing prescription meds.

I've been told before when asking a similar question, i think by Velocide X, that if you are an Australian citizen you can't bring a 3 month supply without an Australian perscription, the 3 month supply thing only applies to citizens of other countries just visiting Australia.

Barbiturates belonging to the class of 5,5-disubstituted barbituric and thiobarbituric acids, including compounds structurally derived from those acids

maybe soma falls under the category of barbs?

BE CAREFUL! soma + alcohol is big trouble. a mate of mine passed out, and came frightfully close to death from this combo.

but yes, carisoprodol is a very nice drug. very addictive too.

Well, the general structure of unsubstituted barbituric acid is (2,4,6 trioxohexashydropyrimidine) and has three or more well known derivatives. Barbituric acids had three symmetrical carbonyl groups that projected from a six membered ring known as a pyrmidine. After the Barbs fell out of favor with the medical culture because they killed so many people, they began to experiment with other drugs, such as Noludar and Methaqualone.

Meprobamate (Miltown) or the active metabolite in Soma (Carisoprodol) is a propanediol carbamate but not a barbituric acid derivative, so I would have to say that although its not related to barbs, its still addictive and dangerous, and it gave way to the lovely phenothiazines and neuroleptics (meaning lobotomizing) such as Haldol.....

schizoaffective said:
Barbiturates belonging to the class of 5,5-disubstituted barbituric and thiobarbituric acids, including compounds structurally derived from those acids Maybe soma falls under the category of barbs?

Yes, I think Schizoaffective is right here, I'm not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere in an article a while ago that Soma falls under the Barbiturate category. Therefore, you would need a prescription to import under the Customs and TGA guidelines.

SpecTBK=D