• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Could an American recreational drug user of meth or cocaine manage to hold down a job at a fast food restaurant franchise like Panda Chinese

Boku_

Bluelighter
Just asking. Loads of cooks and kitchen hands working in Melbourne's Chinatown resturant precinct have crystal methamphetamine habits.

Would a kitchen worker at Panda on $28,000 USD p.a be in a financial position to afford to pay the rent as well as dabbling in regular but not daily use of narcotics?

Any bluelighters in North America work in the hospitality industry?

Just asking. Loads of cooks and kitchen hands working in Melbourne's Chinatown resturant precinct have crystal methamphetamine habits.
Would a kitchen worker at Panda on $28,000 USD p.a be in a financial position to afford to pay the rent as well as dabbling in regular but not daily use of narcotics?

Can’t be much of a habit in AUstralia at that wage level given such high meth prices. Even a gram a week would not leave a huge amount for minimum wage worker’s other needs. Although lots of chinese workers in AUstralia hot-bed in crammed apartments so pay minimal accomodation costs.

I've heard that, although it's absurdly expensive in AU, wages are also relatively high so it offsets the expenditure...that's just what I've heard though, I've never lived in or visited AU

$28,000 a year take-home pay or pre-tax? If it's take-home, I think they could, definitely. That would mean being able to pay $1000/month for rent relatively comfortably -- enough for a 1br apartment in the cheaper parts of the country or at least a bedroom in a shared apartment/house in the more expensive cities. Then if a little more than half of what's leftover goes to transportation/food/bills, there's still $500-600 a month for drugs. That would be tight for a full-scale heroin habit, but pretty doable for binging on methamphetamine or cocaine every weekend, provided you're not spending a lot on alcohol or other things to accompany the binge..

Ummmm..... my rent for a 3br house on 20 acres was only $1200 a month.... cheap parts of the country 4-500 dollars a month can get you a decent house even..... so yes, 28k a year can support it....

Can’t be much of a habit in AUstralia at that wage level given such high meth prices.

Drugs are expensive in AU but how big a priority getting high is to a person is a big factor too. Where there's a will there is a way.

Most low income habitual meth users in Australia live rent free at home with their parents or other family members.

You'd be surprised how cheap a young person can live.

Depending on the lifestyle choices a low income habitual meth user makes and how good a contacts they have to source their drug of choice that will determine if they use once or twice weekly for example a Aussie meth user who is weekend warrior living for a big night out at the end of a working week that doesn't smoke cigarettes and chooses to use public transport instead of running a car quite easily could budget the necessary disposable income needed to use every Friday night and just maybe the next Saturday morning but a co-worker on the same low income salary as the weekly user may prioritise owning a car as a more important lifestyle choice so they use meth less frequently. Perhaps fortnightly or monthly.

Although lots of chinese workers in AUstralia hot-bed in crammed apartments so pay minimal accomodation costs

That is true. Cases of low income Chinese migrants living 4 to a room sleeping in bunkbeds literally on top of one and another in highrise 3 bedroom apartments in the inner city of Melbourne are rife.

The Chinese diaspora living and working in Australian cities is a tight knit community so often many Chinatown resturant precinct cooks and kitchen hands who use Chinese made crystal methamphetamine and Golden triangle China White heroin get their drugs off a mutual compatriot involved in either the importation of ice and smack from the old country into Australia or at the very least a well connected Huáqiáo ( overseas Chinese person) who sells to another Huáqiáo at wholesale prices significantly cheaper and more on par with Beijing or Shanghai street prices than average Australian street prices.

That's what I was told anyway. Chinese look after Chinese.

That is true. Cases of low income Chinese migrants living 4 to a room sleeping in bunkbeds literally on top of one and another in highrise 3 bedroom apartments in the inner city of Melbourne are rife.

The Chinese diaspora living and working in Australian cities is a tight knit community so often many Chinatown resturant precinct cooks and kitchen hands who use Chinese made crystal methamphetamine and Golden triangle China White heroin get their drugs off a mutual compatriot involved in either the importation of ice and smack from the old country into Australia or at the very least a well connected Huáqiáo ( overseas Chinese person) who sells to another Huáqiáo at wholesale prices significantly cheaper and more on par with Beijing or Shanghai street prices than average Australian street prices.

That's what I was told anyway. Chinese look after Chinese.

I would believe this. The best quality meth I have ever had in Australia - including from DW sources - has been from Chinese working girls. Anyone of them that smokes always has a few little baggies for clients on the side. But top bloody dollar for the gear and usually buying by the point.

I am an American, and I can deal with the sloppy teenagers at fast food joints. But the second I think that IV drug users (meth/heroin) are occasionally there, I scream for employee drug tests. I don’t want to risk hepatitis or HIV eating a cheeseburger. Stick to other jobs that don’t serve food, like janitorial work. That way at least you are disinfecting shit. I don’t want your meth scabs in my panda roll! That shit doesn’t work in a small kitchen. You’ll get fired.

Doesn’t work. Grosssssssss

No! Stay away from food service!
Wizard

Judge people much?

I've worked in kitchens as a cook for many years of my life, I've also been using drugs during that time. I take better pride in sanitization then some people I worked with who are totally sober. They would drop food and whatnot and just keep it moving. Just because someone gets high it doesn't make them a dirtbag. Your post makes you come off as pretty ignorant, hope you can open your mind and learn to love everyone someday. We are all in this together after all, I dont ever put myself above others. Maybe someday you can get off your high horse and share some time on the rest of our level.

Illuminate your life Wizard <3

~Charlie

Last edited:

Any bluelighters in North America work in the hospitality industry?
It is possible..better in the US to get medical cannabis or recreational and stay away from meth and crack..cocaine used to be what ran the kitchen in the 70's and 80's and i imagine it still does depending on the area...Or if you have a bad case of ADHD as an adult they prescribe Rx amphetamines for that problem

There are plenty of jobs that don’t require people to handle food that people buy to eat. Addicts aren’t the most responsible people, obviously, but when they take risks that jeopardize my health, I scream.:mad:

I judge because I don’t want IV meth/heroin addicts in my kitchen. I certainly don’t want to tell them how to be successful/make money, supporting unsanitary habits in my kitchen.

Maybe start an all IV meth/heroin bodega if you are looking to thrive in your addiction.

That’s bad business.
Creek
Yes no iv drug users around food or medical stuff period.

Can’t be much of a habit in AUstralia at that wage level given such high meth prices. Even a gram a week would not leave a huge amount for minimum wage worker’s other needs. Although lots of chinese workers in AUstralia hot-bed in crammed apartments so pay minimal accomodation costs.

What you good people in Australia pay for a gram is unbelievable, I don't understand why you would bother with the stuff at all given the unbearably sky high prices you pay. In the US, or at least where I live, we pay literally pennies on the dollar to your prices.
I feel for you folks down under...

What you good people in Australia pay for a gram is unbelievable, I don't understand why you would bother with the stuff at all given the unbearably sky high prices you pay. In the US, or at least where I live, we pay literally pennies on the dollar to your prices.
I feel for you folks down under...
Things about 1/3 better on the Dark Web than on the street but you are right - part of the reason I’m quitting. Ridiculous amount of money for what you get when tolerance means you need a gram a day when binging seriously.

I don't blame you one bit, it's the quitting part that's tricky. I decided to sleep in on one of my days off of work, the intention was to get as many hours I could away from it. It felt good partly, calming a little. I normally get 2 or 3 hours of sleep per night, and I'm good with that, but this time I slept 11 hours straight. Once I got up and started moving around I felt almost like a computer that had crashed and getting high again felt like a reboot...and I'm not happy about that and I wish it wasn't that way, but it is...

Ummmm..... my rent for a 3br house on 20 acres was only $1200 a month.... cheap parts of the country 4-500 dollars a month can get you a decent house even..... so yes, 28k a year can support it....
Well, comparisons like that are quite arbitrary. I used to rent a 3br in Arkansas for 700/month, cheap as fuck. Moved back to my home city and now I pay 1000/month for a shitty 1br built in the 70s.

But yeah, 28k take home is enough to live on outside NY, CO, and CA. 28k before tax? No one could actually live off that unless they forgo meals and never spend a dime on drugs or hobbies. Minimum pre-tax income to make ends meet where I live is 35k.

Q : Could an American recreational drug user of meth or cocaine manage to hold down a job at a fast food restaurant franchise like Panda Chinese

A: Yeah.
I imagine the only way anyone COULD hold down a fast food job is via a drug habit of some sort. I used to be heavily into opioids when I worked in retail, otherwise I'd get pissy and curse people out.

• Haha
Reactions: R3K
There are plenty of jobs that don’t require people to handle food that people buy to eat. Addicts aren’t the most responsible people, obviously, but when they take risks that jeopardize my health, I scream.:mad:

I judge because I don’t want IV meth/heroin addicts in my kitchen. I certainly don’t want to tell them how to be successful/make money, supporting unsanitary habits in my kitchen.

Maybe start an all IV meth/heroin bodega if you are looking to thrive in your addiction.

That’s bad business.
Creek
I don't call people ignorant often, but you sir, are ignorant. IV use of any drug hasn't anything to do with food being infected or any shit like that. You do know how HIV is transmitted right? Wait a minute... Are you Mike Pence? Pence you dirty dog, get off our drug forum and get back to ruining the country!