• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Could 1-2 days of ridiculously high doses cause seizure?

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
I haven't been dependent or even used benzos in about a year. Over the last couple days I've probably ingested anywhere from 40-60 Mgs of etiz plan. They came in the form of smarties candy and were supposed to be 4mg a piece. Didn't black out because I was bingeing on hexen and didn't seem to be too clumsy or slurring my speech. Either they were under dosed or the hex straightened me out. If I did injest that much in such a short time am I in danger of a seizure?

Thinking back, the candies were definitely as advertised as the first one had me nice and cozy and I keep talking about Friday like it was yesterday.

Since I had long been off benzos before this act of gluttony will I be okay? Or since I took a months worth in a weekend am I at risk of seizing if I don't taper? I assume that since one single massive dose of morphine doesn't cause MU downregulation instantly the. GABAA must have the same initial fortitude when it comes to receptors, right? Or wishful thinking?

Last edited:
Desperate bump Now that I'm feeling a tiny bit more articulate: does someone who is not dependent and is way past the kindling stage need to taper after eating 60+ mg in less than 48 hours? Does the massive dose put me in danger of a seizure when it leaves my system? Or since it was a weekend fling rather than prolonged exposure am I in the clear?

That's a difficult one mate as everyones physiology is different. But that's a lot of etizolam and your concurrent use of a stimulant could in theory lower your seizure threshold. If you have more etizolam to hand, I think a rapid taper would probably be the best course of action to be on the safe side. Unfortunately I can't be any more specific as I've never used hexen and never rated etizolam, but I'm sure someone more qualified will reply soon.

I appreciate the response. I just happen to stumble upon 60mgs of bromazolam which should be good for a quick taper.

Desperate bump Now that I'm feeling a tiny bit more articulate: does someone who is not dependent and is way past the kindling stage need to taper after eating 60+ mg in less than 48 hours? Does the massive dose put me in danger of a seizure when it leaves my system? Or since it was a weekend fling rather than prolonged exposure am I in the clear?

I've taken ridiculous amounts of etizolam powder (way more than 60mg) about 3-4 years back, and had numerous grand mals whilst tapering off. My tolerance is currently stuck at about 80mg diazepam (so roughly 8mg etizolam) when I use every month or so (which I do), so I sound like a good anecdotal case for you to compare to.

Every time I dose, my tolerance doubles, and on a few occasions I've used say 80mg diazepam on day one, and then upwards of 3-4 times+ that by day 2-3 (I never go over this, and FTR those latter doses cease to work. And no, my product isn't bunk, this is just benzo powder addiction for you).

I've never had a brain zap or seizures through this kind of use, or felt like I was close. It would appear to me that repeated use (getting towards a week of use and I just know I'm going to have a seizure) is worse than having a couple of days of mega high doses... for me at least. It would appear that having a mega high dose tolerance not effect my seizure threshold as much as repeated use, because to my brain that 80mg of diazepam, or however many times that number, has the same effect as 20mg for a normal person who doesn't have a permanent and rapidly accruing tolerance.

Just in my experience, and speculative, of course. My advice would be to simply watch out for brain zaps, hypnagogic jerks and other seizure warning signs. If you see any, get to A&E, or take an effective dose of a benzodiazepine.

Last edited:
You will be fine. Probably have some rebound anxiety but nothing life threatening. Just be careful it's easier to get physically dependent the second time than it is the first